ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uploading Documents and Appointments

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Question regarding address on the application form

Post by UKLL » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:37 pm

Hi All,

I am trying to fill in the long residence (10 years) application form and I have got a question about the address of mine that I should put in.

I am renting a room in London (Address A), where I stay a lot of time in as my job is in London. I also bought a house in Leeds (Address B), where I rent a room out (I declare this income to HMRC and pay tax) and also pay for all the utility bills and council tax. I go back and stay in my Address B now and then when I have time. I consider it as my home address in the UK.

When I started my job in London I notified Home Office that my new address is Address A in London and also registered with London Met Police.

Which address should I put on the application form? I am thinking of putting down London Address A as the postal address and Leeds address B as where I live, but would it cause a problem as Home Office has Address A as my current address on their record? or it really does not matter?

Also any other issues that you may see here?

Thank you!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Question regarding address on the application form

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:34 pm

Hello

You have to be consistent to avoid issues. Address A was declared to the police and I guess is with the HO, so it's better to keep it simple and consistent. I would use address A in London.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:55 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:34 pm
Hello

You have to be consistent to avoid issues. Address A was declared to the police and I guess is with the HO, so it's better to keep it simple and consistent. I would use address A in London.
Thank you, I will do that and use Address A in London. I was just thinking that then HO sees I declared rental income from Address B in Leeds and starts questionning. OK I guess let me worry about it when that actually happens later after I submit my applictaion. Cheers.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:01 pm

You may have many addresses (rental properties, holiday home... etc) but only one legal address where you reside. This is usually the address on your HRMC letters and Home Office documents.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:15 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:01 pm
You may have many addresses (rental properties, holiday home... etc) but only one legal address where you reside. This is usually the address on your HRMC letters and Home Office documents.
So HMRC has two addresses of mine, London Address A is the "correspondance address", and Leeds Address B is the "permanent home address". HMRC sends letter to my London Address A. However, all my "proof of address"" documents (bank statements, utility bills, council tax etc. are all under my Leeds Address).

And I am a Tier 2 visa holder, so I thought I can only rent a room out from my own house, and my address should be the same as well, otherwise that could be seen as self-employed to rent a property? --- am I over thinking here?

Anyway I will use London Address A as it's where I tell HO I am and on the police registration form, and hope that won't cause any issue.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:12 pm

UKLL wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:15 pm

And I am a Tier 2 visa holder, so I thought I can only rent a room out from my own house,
If you are a leaseholder then maybe your lease won't allow you to keep a lodger. And if you have given ast to lodger then he will be your tenant and you can't live there until eviction. However, if all this arrangement is verbal (none-documented) and tenants/lodger aren't familiar with their rights then no need to worry.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:14 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:12 pm
UKLL wrote:

And I am a Tier 2 visa holder, so I thought I can only rent a room out from my own house,
If you are a leaseholder then maybe your lease won't allow you to keep a lodger. And if you have given ast to lodger then he will be your tenant and you can't live there until eviction. However, if all this arrangement is verbal (none-documented) and tenants/lodger aren't familiar with their rights then no need to worry.
The op has already mentioned in the first post that they bought their property outside of London.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:14 pm
seagul wrote:
UKLL wrote:

The op has already mentioned in the first post that they bought their property outside of London.
UKLL wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:55 pm
. I was just thinking that then HO sees I declared rental income from Address B in Leeds and starts questionning.
I already read that. I am referring to the likely complications over his rental income by renting the room at op's property in Leeds in case if falls under above mentioned scenarios.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:20 pm

seagul wrote:
UKLL wrote:

Hi thanks for your reply. Why can't I live there until eviction? I rent a room out and not the whole property out. Also are those of HO's interests?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:43 pm

UKLL wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:20 pm
Why can't I live there until eviction? I rent a room out and not the whole property out.
Seems like you have a lodger but if by mistake you have given him/her AST which many mistakenly commit then one day some complications might arise including the one relating to HMO for which different councils have different criterions because of forming more than one household.
UKLL wrote:
Also are those of HO's interests?
Whilst not sure whether demonstrating the rental income is relevant to your visa category but any income derived by breaching the relevant condition such as subletting the tenancy/lease (even partly) then it might not be accepted.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:52 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:43 pm
UKLL wrote:
Why can't I live there until eviction? I rent a room out and not the whole property out.
Seems like you have a lodger but if by mistake you have given him/her AST which many mistakenly commit then one day some complications might arise including the one relating to HMO for which different councils have different criterions because of forming more than one household.
UKLL wrote:
Whilst not sure whether demonstrating the rental income is relevant to your visa category but any income derived by breaching the relevant condition such as subletting the tenancy/lease (even partly) then it might not be accepted.
You are confusing the situation now with irrelevant information. None of this is relevant to the visa processes. The op has clearly stated they are on tier 2 general and that he owns the property where one room is being rented out, which is allowed under the rent a room scheme.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:02 pm

seagul wrote:
UKLL wrote:
UKLL wrote:
It's not AST because I do live in the property (I am just away a lot).

any income derived by breaching the relevant condition such as subletting the tenancy/lease (even partly) then it might not be accepted. ---- I guess unless the relevant conditions are set by the Home Office?

I think we are getting away from the point lol.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:52 pm
seagul wrote:
UKLL wrote:
UKLL wrote:
You are confusing the situation now with irrelevant information. None of this is relevant to the visa processes. The op has clearly stated they are on tier 2 general and that he owns the property where one room is being rented out, which is allowed under the rent a room scheme.
Thank you! and I guess I should still put down my London address A on the applictaion form?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:05 pm

It really isn't such a deal breaker. Simply add a brief covering letter if you need to explain.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:05 pm
It really isn't such a deal breaker. Simply add a brief covering letter if you need to explain.
:D :D :D :D :D Thank you >3

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
You are confusing the situation now with irrelevant information. None of this is relevant to the visa processes.
I was trying to narrow it down within the remit of immigration purposes only if the above scenarios are there. Adding a general information based on probabilities aren't always irrelevant rather might affect sometime.
CR001 wrote:
he owns the property where one room is being rented out, which is allowed under the rent a room scheme.
Not all lease allowed that scheme. Better I dont expand it further otherwise again being rated as irrelevant.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Completing ILR (LR) Form -- questions

Post by UKLL » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:47 pm

Hey everyone,

Many thanks for your previous help in answering my questions and I have completed my application form (Set LR) today and I have got some questions before submiting my application

I entered the UK on 8th August 2010, so I can apply from 12 July 2020 for long residence, correct?

I have all the Home Office reference numbers, execpt the one when I applied for Tier 1 Post Study Work visa, does it matter if I don't provide this one?

The form asks when I started working for my current employer and I put down as 6th August 2018. I have reviewed my CoS and it says start date as Wednesday 1st August 2018. At then time I agreed with my employer to start on 6th August as it's a Monday. I don't think my employer updated HO abou this. Does this pose a problem?

The form asks if I have other reasons to stay in the UK. Should I put down that I have a house and mortgage in the UK? Would the evidence for that be a letter from my mortgage provider?

Every time I exited the UK, there was no stamp on my passport, so I don't know how they verify my time outside the UK. I provided the time period based on the stamps when I entered and exited the visiting countries. I guess HO has their ways to verify absent times?

The form asks what was the reason for the time spent outside the UK? I answered "holidays" to all of the time period. Do I need to provide more detailed answer? I indeed just went to those countries (mainly my country of birth) for holidays.

The form asks family and friends in my country of birth. I only provided 5 in total as I can only think of them as my significant ones. I also provide answers as "I visit them on holiday and make telephone calls with them". Is this sufficient?

In the end, for documents it only asks for my passports and BRP. It does not ask for my life in the UK test and langauge certificate. Is this because I have provided the life in the UK test reference number in the application form and my language ability has been assessed in my previous Tier 2 Leave to Remain application?

Thank you very much for your help as always.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Completing ILR (LR) Form -- questions

Post by UKLL » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:02 pm

My salary has increased compared to what the original CoS stated. This is because I have been promoted to another job (same occupation job code) which is a higher band (my employer told me that they have put a note of this on the home office management system. Hope this is fine).

I put down on the form the annual earnings as what it currently states on my payslip, which does not include London allowance ( will be even higher if I include it). I hope this is correct.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:44 pm

Topics merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:48 pm

1. If that is within 28 days before the 10th anniversary of the date you entered , yes.

2. No.

3. No.

4. Not a mandatory question. There is no right or wrong answer either. It is based in your personal circumstances if you want to answer it. No evidence is required.

5. They have their own way of checking your absences.

6. No.

7. Fine.

8. Probably yes. You can still submit them though.

9. Set LR has NO employment or salary requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:48 pm
1. If that is within 28 days before the 10th anniversary of the date you entered , yes.

2. No.

3. No.

4. Not a mandatory question. There is no right or wrong answer either. It is based in your personal circumstances if you want to answer it. No evidence is required.

5. They have their own way of checking your absences.

6. No.

7. Fine.

8. Probably yes. You can still submit them though.

Hey hey thanks for merging and answering my questions as always!

For

If I answer yes, in the end for the "documents" part, it does ask me to provide evidence for those reasons.

For
I guess my main concern is my current salary is different to the one on my CoS, which can be seen as "inconsistent", but I guess it shouldn't be a problem.

I am just overthinking everything, aren't I? A bit nervous actually when I am actually applying for it now.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:40 pm

4. Owning a property is not really a "good" reason to stay. Many people who don't have UK visas own property.

9. You aren't applying for ilr based on tier 2.

Yes, you are overthinking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Uploading Documents and Appointments

Post by UKLL » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:31 pm

Hi all,

I have (finally) submitted and paid for my SET(LR) application.

I am going to upload some documents on the UKVCAS website, and I just want to ask which document type I should upload each document to.

As per the checklist, I have only been asked to provide:
- current passport
- previous passpart
- current BRP

However on the website I cannot upload any document:
This is what it shows
Mandatory documents for XX
Below is a list of mandatory document categories for your application. Each category tab contains a description of the documents required. Please ensure that you provide a document in each of these categories.

Note: If a document has a status of ‘submitted’ then it cannot be removed.

But below there's no list and there's no option for me to upload anything? Has anyone experienced this?

Under Optional documents there is a list and allow me to upload, but I don't need to upload anything if I am not asked to?

Also I cannot book any appointment on the website as it says not availale, do I just wait for notification from UKVCAS?

Thank you all for your help!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Uploading Documents and Appointments

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:43 pm

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 96002.html

The mandatory is only your passport which you upload in the “proof of application”, rest all documents are to be uploaded in optional documents. This is how the website works. Only upload what is required. The categories are generic and you do NOT to upload in all categories.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:44 pm
Topics merged!!!
Please stick to one topic!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)