ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Query

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JayNav
Newly Registered
India

Visa Query

Post by JayNav » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:47 pm

I am in a T4 visa which is expiring soon. I am in a relationship from 2 years who is a Brit and plan to marry, due to COVID we couldn't marry. Considering two options and want best suggestion.

Option 1: Apply for marriage registration in UK once open and if our registration happens before my T4 visa expiry can apply for spouse visa. Or is there any possibility for me to stay in UK even after my T4 expiry with marriage registration in process?

Option 2: Apply for Fiancee visa (not much helpful as will be applying for spouse visa) .

TIA..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa Query

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:49 pm

Or is there any possibility for me to stay in UK even after my T4 expiry with marriage registration in process?
No.
Option 2: Apply for Fiancee visa (not much helpful as will be applying for spouse visa) .
You can't apply for a fiance visa within the UK. You have to apply from your home country.

Do you live with your partner for two years?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JayNav
Newly Registered
India

Re: Visa Query

Post by JayNav » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:10 pm

Thanks for your prompt response. Yes I stay with my partner, since its for the short term till i get dependant visa is there any option that i can think of to apply within UK rather than going back to home country. To clarify I am in relationship for 2 years but staying with my partner since jan 2019.