ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can overstayer get married with British citizens , question for bathanza

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alanran
Belgium

Re: Can overstayer get married with British citizens , question for bathanza

Post by Alanran » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:07 pm

Yes I work and earn £ 18600, before tax

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:34 pm
Yes it should be fine. Others have done the same.

She then applies for a visa, likely FLR fp partner route.
CR001 , after we get married are you sure we need apply FLR(FP) ? Please note she have asylum application pending , or by the time we getting married it might they will refuse her asylum then in this case she will be overstayer

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:16 pm

FLR fp is for those who don't have legal status, which she doesn't have, and for those who have exceptional circumstances or don't meet the requirements for FLR M.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:16 pm
FLR fp is for those who don't have legal status, which she doesn't have, and for those who have exceptional circumstances or don't meet the requirements for FLR M.
Thank you
Ok I understand , so the first step is to ask the home office to send us copy of her passport

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:16 pm
CR001, am quoting from : please read it all
immigration-for-family-members/successf ... 62847.html

(As we were living together for 6 months, we were told we had better chances to submit a FLR FP Partner route, get married legally and vary the application - WRONG advice. We didn't even fulfil the criteria of 2 year co-habitation and the application submitted in Aug 16 was never considered as a partner application whatsoever. )

In this case FLR FP doesn't work for us and we need to wait 2 years after married to apply for FLR M
i don’t know guys am confused and tired 😓.. I don’t what to do and how to start

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:07 am

The difference is that the user wanted to submit the FLR fp BEFORE getting married, as unmarried partners, which requires 2 years living together evidence.

The same rule does NOT apply to married couples.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:26 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:07 am
The difference is that the user wanted to submit the FLR fp BEFORE getting married, as unmarried partners, which requires 2 years living together evidence.

The same rule does NOT apply to married couples.
CR001, the user was married for 6 month when they submitted their FLR FB application

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:43 am

Two years living together does NOT apply to newly married couples applying for the first time!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:07 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:43 am
Two years living together does NOT apply to newly married couples applying for the first time!!!
CR001, see the link please
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:11 am

you’ve been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply
This refers specifically to UNMARRIED partners and NOT married partners. You are confusing things. There are different requirements for married and unmarried partners.

I came on a spouse visa, I do know the rules!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:35 am

I don’t know , am very confused and I don’t know from where I have to start

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:05 pm

Oh I appreciate the question!

So one thing is sure. Marriage is not the only thing that will help you with gaining a visa to stay. To see what obstacles there are which will allow the Home Office to approve or decline is key if you do marry then apply FLR M.

However, with corona virus the guidance is IF you meet requirements for FLR M, which means finance requirements, english test and cohabitation you can apply in the UK rather than her returning to home country to make the same application.

So now your question. Every single person has the right to marry. If you have a pending case at the Home Office that is fine.

In order to marry contact the local registrar and find out what documents you need. The biggest problem you may face is supplying a passport, does she have it? Any form of ID?

You will have to wait a period of time for the Home Office to carry out an investigation. Then after you can marry. It'll all be okay, just go one step at a time.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:45 pm

bathanza wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:05 pm
Oh I appreciate the question!

So one thing is sure. Marriage is not the only thing that will help you with gaining a visa to stay. To see what obstacles there are which will allow the Home Office to approve or decline is key if you do marry then apply FLR M.

However, with corona virus the guidance is IF you meet requirements for FLR M, which means finance requirements, english test and cohabitation you can apply in the UK rather than her returning to home country to make the same application.

So now your question. Every single person has the right to marry. If you have a pending case at the Home Office that is fine.

In order to marry contact the local registrar and find out what documents you need. The biggest problem you may face is supplying a passport, does she have it? Any form of ID?

You will have to wait a period of time for the Home Office to carry out an investigation. Then after you can marry. It'll all be okay, just go one step at a time.
bathanza I appreciate the answer , am I feel more relax with your answer as it’s cones from personal experience.
However , I think the first step is getting married , we have one issue here as she dosnt have her passport with her at the moment as it’s with the HO, but she has biometric ID provided from the home office .
For use the most important is to get married at register office , then for us it dosent matter how long it will take to legalise her status as we can wait one or 2 years to get her visa from uk without leaving uk ..

bathanza, I have feeling that you will be great advice for us as you were in the same position like us , stay in touch please with your advice and guide
Than you again

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:55 pm

Thank you again

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:42 am

After speaking with the register office today , register office dosnt accept the ID which been provided from the HO to the asylum seekers ( ( ARC card ) , but they accept copy of the passport and should be send from the home office directly to the register office !! How we can request that from the HO ? Any one have done that before ? Any advice ?

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:11 am

Alanran wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:42 am
After speaking with the register office today , register office dosnt accept the ID which been provided from the HO to the asylum seekers ( ( ARC card ) , but they accept copy of the passport and should be send from the home office directly to the register office !! How we can request that from the HO ? Any one have done that before ? Any advice ?
Hello again ,
Dose anyone know the email address to the right department in the home office were we can request sending certified copy of the passport directly to the register office ?
I have done deep research on the net and the only result I find is :
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-915772

Which it didn’t show any contact details,
Is there is anyone can help with this ?
Thank you

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:38 am

The only thing to do is to write to them with the case reference number and request it to be sent to the registrar office. The customer service number I would doubt would give the right info.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:10 am

The Registrars trust copies only if they come directly to them from the Home Office. If the copy goes through the hands of any third party, they don't accept it as it can be easily tampered with.

So she needs to send a letter to the Home Office asking them to urgently send a copy of her passport to the Registrar.

This would automatically informs the Home Office that she is getting married. But getting married is not a crime. They may or they may not decide to interview you at one point during the process. This could be before the the wedding or even on wedding day. make yourself familiar with this type of interviews just in case it happens.

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:11 am

Thank you ,
To which address or email address I need to use to send letter / email requesting copy of the passport to be sent to the register office ? Am sure there is special address or email address for this kind of requests
Thank you

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:14 pm

Alanran wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:11 am
Thank you ,
To which address or email address I need to use to send letter / email requesting copy of the passport to be sent to the register office ? Am sure there is special address or email address for this kind of requests
Thank you
Any one can help with this if you have the correct contact details to the right department on the HO?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:00 pm

Alanran wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:14 pm
Alanran wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:11 am
Thank you ,
Thank you
Any one can help with this if you have the correct contact details to the right department on the HO?
No harm in trying that address from which the last communication was received/sent to.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:25 pm

This page may help:

https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned
If you’ve applied for asylum
Contact your caseworker or the Voluntary Returns Service to ask for your documents back.

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:10 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:25 pm
This page may help:

https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned
If you’ve applied for asylum
Contact your caseworker or the Voluntary Returns Service to ask for your documents back.
Return documents service dosnt apply for asylum seekers, beside we are not looking for documents back or to withdraw the asylum application.
We are looking for the home office send copy of the passport directly to the register office for marriage purpose.
Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:30 pm

Alanran wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:10 pm

We are looking for the home office send copy of the passport directly to the register office for marriage purpose.
Thank you
Approach your local MP who more likely be able to do this for you.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:46 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:30 pm
Alanran wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:10 pm

Thank you
Approach your local MP who more likely be able to do this for you.
Why I need to contact my MP for such thing ? It’s normal request , just I need the email address for the correct department within the HO