ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amin126
Newly Registered

FLR Application

Post by amin126 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:15 am

I am applying for FLR spouse visa for my wife. I have some questions if someone could kindly help I would really appreciate.
Her uk arrival date is 1st March 2018 so that her 30 months will be 1st Sept 2020. On her BRP her visa expires 21st Oct 2020.
Question : I can apply for FLR 28 days from what date? 1st sept 20 or 21st oct 20 ?
We have both been employed since aug 2019 til april 2020 and our combined salary is in excess of 18600. Since april we have not worked but hopefully will be starting work next few days. We will be applying via CAT B ie 12 months payslip period
Question: I know we need employment letter from our new employer but do we need employment letter and payslips verification for our previous employer from aug 19 to apr 20? or just P45?
Thank you.

geoeng
Canada

Re: FLR Application

Post by geoeng » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:37 am

amin126 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:15 am
Her uk arrival date is 1st March 2018 so that her 30 months will be 1st Sept 2020. On her BRP her visa expires 21st Oct 2020.
Question : I can apply for FLR 28 days from what date? 1st sept 20 or 21st oct 20 ?
In order to reach the 60 months residence in the UK requirement for ILR without having to apply for unnecessary extensions, you should apply no earlier than 28 days before reaching 30 months residence in the UK (so 28 days before 1st September) and no later than the BRP expiry date (21st October).
amin126 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:15 am
We have both been employed since aug 2019 til april 2020 and our combined salary is in excess of 18600. Since april we have not worked but hopefully will be starting work next few days. We will be applying via CAT B ie 12 months payslip period
Question: I know we need employment letter from our new employer but do we need employment letter and payslips verification for our previous employer from aug 19 to apr 20? or just P45?
My interpretation of paragraph 2.(b) of Appendix FM-SE is that an employer letter should be provided for any payslips being relied upon so I would suggest it would be preferable (if possible) to get a letter from all employers you are using payslips from. A P45 is not required to be submitted.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

amin126
Newly Registered

Post by amin126 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:52 am

Thank you so much for your response. Just to be clear do I need to get all my payslips stamped by previous employer as well?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:13 pm

amin126 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:52 am
Thank you so much for your response. Just to be clear do I need to get all my payslips stamped by previous employer as well?
No, per Appendix FM-SE:
Payslips must be:
(i) formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name; or
(ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic;
So if you receive a formal payslip showing the employer's name, that is all you would need to provide.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

amin126
Newly Registered

Post by amin126 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:36 pm

With regards to the employment letter from the previous employer, should i obtain the letter now or should i wait until september close to the application date, ie, does the date of the employment letter make any difference?