ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delays in Spouse Visa application.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hsadat
Newly Registered
Mood:

Delays in Spouse Visa application.

Post by hsadat » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:22 pm

Hi Everyone

I'm a little concerned. My wife from Canada who's applied to the UK for spouse visa had her bio metrics appointment on 25th Feb 2020 and she still hasn't received a response from the homeoffice. She is suppose to arrive here by end of June. I know this could highly be down due to COVID-19.

Are others experiencing similar delays ?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Delays in Spouse Visa application.

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:48 am

hsadat wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:22 pm
Hi Everyone

I'm a little concerned. My wife from Canada who's applied to the UK for spouse visa had her bio metrics appointment on 25th Feb 2020 and she still hasn't received a response from the homeoffice. She is suppose to arrive here by end of June. I know this could highly be down due to COVID-19.

Thanks
Applications from around the time you made yours are experiencing significant delays due to the Covid-19 situation.
Didn't you get any email from the HO about this?
Things are beginning to ease up now.

saragullu
Newly Registered

Post by saragullu » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:24 pm

hsadat wrote:
Hi Everyone

Thanks

Same my husband submitted his app online on 24th Feb 2020 and had biometrics on 17th March 2020 in Pakistan.

We have had no response at all from ukvi and our lawyer said he will start chasing from today as its been 12 weeks. Some people my lawyer has been helping have had emails.

Regards
SG

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:28 pm

saragullu wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:24 pm
hsadat wrote:
Hi Everyone

Thanks

Same my husband submitted his app online on 24th Feb 2020 and had biometrics on 17th March 2020 in Pakistan.

We have had no response at all from ukvi and our lawyer said he will start chasing from today as its been 12 weeks. Some people my lawyer has been helping have had emails.

Regards
SG

Same boat. Husband applied in India on 11th March. We received ‘on hold’ emails and currently on second escalation. Not sure if the issue is due to VACs being closed in India but definitely seems HO in UK has reopened now..

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:08 am

Hi have you heard anything regarding your applications?