ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk spouse visa expired vignette

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Paulmac1
Newly Registered

Uk spouse visa expired vignette

Post by Paulmac1 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:08 am

Hello all, my wife’s vignette expired due to COVID 19. She has emailed CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk requesting a new 30 day visa but not received a reply. Her local visa centre has now reopened but she does not know how/when she will get an appointment. Can anyone in the same situation advise whether they have received a reply from the home office or an appointment from their local visa centre ? We call CIH on a weekly basis and are not getting anywhere. The local visa centre also does not accept calls or emails. Do not know how to get an appointment.

We have considered applying for a new vignette via the transfer of conditions on gov website and pay for this despite confirmation that this will be free to those affected by COVID. We are concerned that if we do this it will be considered a new application and may even mean we have to wait longer than we do currently.

I’d be grateful to hear from anyone who has received any information from the home office or can advise what we should do?

Thank you

geoeng
Canada

Re: Uk spouse visa expired vignette

Post by geoeng » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:37 am

If you've done what the UK government guidance has suggested already, which it sounds like you have, there's not much more you can do I wouldn't imagine other than be patient knowing they will eventually get to you. I understand waiting is tough but with the whole process just starting to get going again, it's going to take a while for a reduced number of staff to work their way through everything.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Paulmac1
Newly Registered

Post by Paulmac1 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:01 pm

Thanks for the reply geoeng.

If anyone reading this has had similar experiences or has made any further progress in getting a new vignette, or has heard from the home office at all on this can you please share your experience. Look forward to hearing from you all. Thanks.

Elle268
Australia

Post by Elle268 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:11 am

Hi Paulmac1

I'm in a similar boat. I've emailed CIH with the request and also some questions but have not heard back.

My local visa centre has also re-opened but I have not heard from them either. I think they are prioritising applicants who applied before lockdown but couldn't complete their biometrics.

I'm trying to stay patient but do wish there would be more updates!

Paulmac1
Newly Registered

Post by Paulmac1 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:15 am

Has anyone received any contact from the home office/an appointment at their local visa centre regarding a replacement vignette due to covid? Local visa centres have been open now for over 2 weeks. I want to know if anyone is making any progress with this?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:34 pm

Some applicants depending on their region received 3 months of entry clearance during this plague, not sure as whether anyone on this forum reported that yet.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Ahmed_hassan_2020
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Ahmed_hassan_2020 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:13 pm

I emailed the CIH much times regarding my Tier2 Vignette Expiring, but I did not hear from them, does anybody receive a reply from CIH?

Ahmed_hassan_2020
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Ahmed_hassan_2020 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:18 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:34 pm
Some applicants depending on their region received 3 months of entry clearance during this plague, not sure as whether anyone on this forum reported that yet.
if same people renew their vignette
Did they fill in any application online/paper?
How did they book an appointment (it must be via UK.gov only), did they do the new application?
How do they apply for new Vignette without reply from CIH , doses the application centre accept this approach?
is the new Vignette valid for 90 days?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:40 pm

Ahmed_hassan_2020 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:18 pm
seagul wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:34 pm
if same people renew their vignette
Did they fill in any application online/paper?
How did they book an appointment (it must be via UK.gov only), did they do the new application?
How do they apply for new Vignette without reply from CIH , doses the application centre accept this approach?
is the new Vignette valid for 90 days?
Reference being made to people who got their visa vignette recently, not renewal of expired already issued vignette.