ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sohail111

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by sohail111 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:38 pm

Wandra wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:29 pm
Hi,
Thank you for you help. Is the Appendix 2 mandatory document that needs to be submitted along with the other documents?
Will it affect the process of it wasn't submitted in anyway?
Does it play a key role in the process and how so?

Thank you.
Yes its important, because when I went to London walk-in centre (priority) they asked for it there.
In addition, solicitors ask for it to be filled too

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:03 pm

Hello,
Thank you for your reply. I will be attaching appendix 2 with my other documents.
I will be uploading the documents in Monday in UK and my husband will give his biometric on Tuesday. I was wondering expect for his passport and confirmation letter of biometric, does he need to take anything else with him?

Thank you.

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:39 am

Can anyone reply please. My husband going to give his biometric tomorrow.

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:44 pm

Hello all,
Today I got this email from visainfo. I have uploaded my documents along with the application in Gov.uk and my husband had done his biometric two days ago in India. I am wondering if I need to take action to this email, do I need to submit the documents again?

"Thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

PLEASE NOTE: This email is to acknowledge receipt of your Settlement application, if you or your sponsor have not already submitted supporting documentation please ensure you follow the process listed below: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents.

Please ensure that your supporting documents are submitted within 5 working days of this email.

Your sponsor, agent or representative can submit supporting documents in the UK at various locations in person or by post for a fee. For further details, please refer to Option 3 and 4 in the link below:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/en

If we do not receive your supporting documents within 5 working days your application will be processed based on the information provided in the Visa Application Form.

No further request for your supporting documentation will be issued.

With all correspondence please ensure you quote the above GWF reference number."

Thank you for your help.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:13 pm

Wandra wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:44 pm
Hello all,
Today I got this email from visainfo. I have uploaded my documents along with the application in Gov.uk and my husband had done his biometric two days ago in India. I am wondering if I need to take action to this email, do I need to submit the documents again?

"Thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

PLEASE NOTE: This email is to acknowledge receipt of your Settlement application, if you or your sponsor have not already submitted supporting documentation please ensure you follow the process listed below: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents.

Please ensure that your supporting documents are submitted within 5 working days of this email.

Your sponsor, agent or representative can submit supporting documents in the UK at various locations in person or by post for a fee. For further details, please refer to Option 3 and 4 in the link below:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/en

If we do not receive your supporting documents within 5 working days your application will be processed based on the information provided in the Visa Application Form.

No further request for your supporting documentation will be issued.

With all correspondence please ensure you quote the above GWF reference number."

Thank you for your help.
That's a generic mail sent out. If you have uploaded all supporting documents and spouse tendered passport and other items at biometric appointment then no further action required of you.

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:53 pm

Thank you for your reply.
Due to current situation in UK.
I am wondering if issue of corona virus will affect the spouse application process, to which I have submitted on 9th March.

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:06 pm

Wandra wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:53 pm
Thank you for your reply.
Due to current situation in UK.
I am wondering if issue of corona virus will affect the spouse application process, to which I have submitted on 9th March.

Thank you.
Nothing can be predicted but more likely significant delays might arise same as everywhere else. Keep an eye on immigration news:

https://www.gov.uk/government/latest?de ... mmigration
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

LovePreet2020
Newly Registered

Post by LovePreet2020 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:04 pm

Wandra wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:39 am
Hi, what did your husband take to the biometric Appointment?
I am planning to apply for Spouse visa in uk for my husband in India, and want to upload the documents in the UK.
I am confused to what is required for the biometric appointment.

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:20 am

LovePreet2020 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:04 pm
Wandra wrote:
I am planning to apply for Spouse visa in uk for my husband in India, and want to upload the documents in the UK.

Hi,
Once you upload the documents online. You only need the appointment letter from the site and passport for biometrics.

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:23 am

Hello,
Couple of days ago I sent an email to UKVI regarding status of my application.
This is the reply I got from them. I am a bit confused, could anyone please clarify this mail for me.

Thank you for your enquiry received 9 June 2020 regarding your visa application.

Please be advised that prior to making a decision on an Entry Clearance application, a number of mandatory checks need to be completed in both the applicant’s home country and the UK. Although we aim to decide all applications within our published service standards, this is not always possible as the length of time taken to complete these checks is dependent on the individual circumstances of each case.

Once these mandatory checks have been completed the results of these checks may mean that further extended checks need to be carried out, this was the case with this application.

Whilst I appreciate the delays are frustrating for the applicant UKVI policy and procedures must remain intact.

Please be advised that due to the Covid19 situation which is currently both our UK and over sea’s offices. You are advised to consult the Gov.uk website to check for any resumption of business.

***** PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT reply to this email address, unless requested, this is a temporary situation and ALL responses will be immediately deleted ***

Please contact SITEL directly, Full details of how to contact UKVI by phone or e-mail, from both inside and outside the UK, can be found at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete our customer contact survey by visiting https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffic ... k/s/2DT8W/

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK
Thank you

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:06 am

It's a fairly standard response they send. Just means they are still working on processing your application and it will take a bit longer to get a decision.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

LovePreet2020
Newly Registered

Post by LovePreet2020 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:06 pm

Wandra wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:20 am
LovePreet2020 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:04 pm
Wandra wrote:

Hi,
Once you upload the documents online. You only need the appointment letter from the site and passport for biometrics.

Thanks

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:02 am

Hello,

I have a doubt regarding my spouse's application. The application and Biometrics are done in March. Due to COVID, the application process is on hold until now. My current job contract ends this July (which I have given in the application in March) but I was able to secure another job now starts September. My worry is that if the Home Office process my application in August, will it make any problem to my application?

Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:24 am

Wandra wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:02 am
Hello,

I have a doubt regarding my spouse's application. The application and Biometrics are done in March. Due to COVID, the application process is on hold until now. My current job contract ends this July (which I have given in the application in March) but I was able to secure another job now starts September. My worry is that if the Home Office process my application in August, will it make any problem to my application?

Thank you.
Your application will be processed based on the information or details you provided as at the time of application.
Let's hope HO won't be such unfeeling beast, the Pandemic is affecting all spheres of life in different ways. However you are in good stead at having a new job which if they ask you can respond and produce evidence of your secured about to start new job.

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:19 pm

Hello,
Thank you for your support and answer.
In my employment record my lawyer noticed that my tax code was incorrect and then we corrected the tax code with the help of HMRC. Now the situation is that last pay slip will have different Tax code than the previous 5 payslip. We have changed the tax code and pay the tax. This detail I have forgotten to mention it in my cover letter. I wonder will that be any problem with my application process?
All the changes of my tax code are present in my HMRC account. In previous tax year record it shows both of my job.

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:26 pm

Wandra wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:19 pm
Hello,
Thank you for your support and answer.
In my employment record my lawyer noticed that my tax code was incorrect and then we corrected the tax code with the help of HMRC. Now the situation is that last pay slip will have different Tax code than the previous 5 payslip. We have changed the tax code and pay the tax. This detail I have forgotten to mention it in my cover letter. I wonder will that be any problem with my application process?
All the changes of my tax code are present in my HMRC account. In previous tax year record it shows both of my job.

Thank you.
If you have updated your present circumstances to HMRC and have got the correct tax code then no issue.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:55 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your answers.
I got a call from Home office today. she asked me regarding my job. I answered all the questions asked much to my capacity. However, she didn't ask anything about my second job which is school, I said that I work in 2 jobs and she took a detail of where I work. She said she will tell the main office about my second job and if they want to enquire about that job they will call me.
Will this be any issues later?

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:01 pm

Wandra wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:55 pm
Hello,

I got a call from Home office today. she asked me regarding my job. I answered all the questions asked much to my capacity. However, she didn't ask anything about my second job which is school, I said that I work in 2 jobs and she took a detail of where I work. She said she will tell the main office about my second job and if they want to enquire about that job they will call me.
Will this be any issues later?

Thank you
If you had correctly supplied the information & the corresponding documents relating to 2nd job then there shouldn't be any issue.

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:23 am

Hello,

Thankfully we have been granted spouse visa. We could like to know the current travel procedure to travel to London from India.
Also, to meet the financial requirement for the visa, I am currently working 2 jobs. As we got the spouse visa will it be okay to I quit my part time job for now, and as we only need to show the financial requirement for the past year for renewal spouse visa.

Thnak you for all your support and answers.
King regards.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:51 am

Wandra wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:23 am
Hello,

Thankfully we have been granted spouse visa. We could like to know the current travel procedure to travel to London from India.
You need to travel within the deadline of your entry clearance.
Wandra wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:23 am
Also, to meet the financial requirement for the visa, I am currently working 2 jobs. As we got the spouse visa will it be okay to I quit my part time job for now, and as we only need to show the financial requirement for the past year for renewal spouse visa.

Thnak you for all your support and answers.
King regards.
Yes you can.

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:41 pm

Hello,
To my understanding , To renew the spouse visa , I just need to show past 6 months of 18,600 from the date of renewal application.

Kind regards.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:02 pm

Wandra wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:41 pm
Hello,
To my understanding , To renew the spouse visa , I just need to show past 6 months of 18,600 from the date of renewal application.

Kind regards.
£9300 from the last 6 months till the point of applying under category A.

Wandra

Post by Wandra » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:09 pm

Hi,

I would like advice on travel from India to Chennai. As flight schedules are very much unpredictable these days. I would like to know best possible airline from India to UK.

Thank you.

Wandra

Travel to UK

Post by Wandra » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:17 pm

Hi,
I need air travel advise from India to UK. My husband recently got is a dependent visa. While searching the air tickets, agents are saying the tickets are uncertain and foreign flights may get cancelled.

Can anyone advise on which airlines you have traveled recently / going to travel from India to the UK?

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Travel to UK

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:45 pm

Wandra wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:17 pm
Hi,
I need air travel advise from India to UK. My husband recently got is a dependent visa. While searching the air tickets, agents are saying the tickets are uncertain and foreign flights may get cancelled.

Can anyone advise on which airlines you have traveled recently / going to travel from India to the UK?

Thank you
Nobody can advise about it for sure because after USA & Brazil the India is heavily hit by virus transmission, halting all day to day activities & operations abruptly. But anecdotally national airlines are comparatively more uncertain.