ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

englishcrumpet
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

Absences exceeded

Post by englishcrumpet » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:13 pm

Hello Lovely forum members, moderators, and advisers.
I just wanted to say big thank you to you all for your support and effort, many people are grateful. I've been reading this forum for quite a while, just wanted to ask a question that concerns me really.

I've had my ILR for 6 years soon. Moved to London to my parent when I was a teenager. Been visiting the UK for more than 12 years. I've been studying here (college 3 years) and currently working. Every summer I used to go to my home country on holiday to see my relatives etc.. For now I have a bit less than 550 days away from the UK for the last 5 years. I know that HO requires a strong connection with the UK, however, after this summer it will be about 479 days outside of the country. I just wanted to ask is it really matters or if it's a problem? Is it compromising my 'future intention' requirement? My mom has been living in the UK for 20 years (She is BC for 7 years) with a good record history, stepfather - British. I haven't ever broken any laws and never received any penalties.

A few years back I had surgery in my home country and I can provide documents that I was away for 20 days. I just wanted your honest opinion on how important the absence criteria. Thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Absences exceeded

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:56 pm

You may have seen the guidance already - if not:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ooklet.pdf
Absences of up to 480 days are normally disregarded, of which in the last 12 months before your application date up to 100 days are normally disregarded. This is part of the requirements and whilst UKVI may use their discretion it's normally a good idea not to be too far off the maximum - you have already worked out that waiting for a while will reduce the numbers.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

englishcrumpet
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

Post by englishcrumpet » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:04 pm

Thank you very much alterhase58 ! I have seen the guidance indeed. Do you think it's relevant to provide proof of surgery? To potentially cover a number of absent days... Thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:15 pm

There's no need to provide any documents for absences, unless your case falls into the very high absence bands.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

englishcrumpet
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

Post by englishcrumpet » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:37 pm

Thank you for your reply. I just calculated numbers and it seems like I have 2 weeks extra until 480 days limit. Would you say I can travel during this summer or it's better to wait and have lower numbers like 465 days of absence? Please clarify, thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:08 pm

The choice is yours - if you really need/want to travel perhaps a shorter trip might be an idea, or you can wait a bit longer until the numbers are normalised again.

englishcrumpet
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

Referees question

Post by englishcrumpet » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:42 pm

Hello, dear members and gurus of the forum. I have a small question. Do I have to get my referees signing the form prior to the online application process or the referees form could be uploaded after I submit my application? Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referees question

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:22 pm

Topics merged. Please keep all your questions in this topic.
Do I have to get my referees signing the form prior to the online application process
No.
or the referees form could be uploaded after I submit my application?
The referee forms are part of the online application form. Once you have completed the details, you have to stick your photos onto the forms after you have printed the forms and send them to your referees to sign and send back to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

englishcrumpet
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

Post by englishcrumpet » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:00 pm

Thank you CR001 for your prompt response. I have another question as I couldn't find the answer. Do I have to upload all the passport pages or it has to be just an entrance stamp pages? Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:27 pm

Biometric page and all stamped pages.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.