ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General employment permit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

weinys
Newly Registered
Ireland

General employment permit

Post by weinys » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:58 am

Hi, I would like to ask that if an employment offer of annual salary is just a little less than 27k eur, i.e. 26.5k eur, would that result in refusal of general employment permit?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: General employment permit

Post by littlerr » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:12 am

Yes. This is a mandatory requirement. Not a negotiable guideline.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:16 pm

@Littlerr : couple of questions, regarding general work permit..

1. A person has offer 58K, still person need degree in that field for general work permit OR not?
2. A general work permit holder can bring his family from NON-EU country?
3. A general work permit holder can also apply for stamp4 after completing 2 years e.g. like critical skill??

Thanks,
Kind Regards,

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:59 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:16 pm
@Littlerr : couple of questions, regarding general work permit..

1. A person has offer 58K, still person need degree in that field for general work permit OR not?
2. A general work permit holder can bring his family from NON-EU country?
3. A general work permit holder can also apply for stamp4 after completing 2 years e.g. like critical skill??

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Hi, the type of permit depends on the occupation.
There are 3 categories of occupations:
1. Critical skills list
2. Ineligible work list
3. Occupation that is neither in the critical skills list or ineligible list

If you are applying for a general work permit, I presume your occupation belongs to list (3) (i.e. not a critical skills work and not an eligible work), the requirement on degrees won't be as strict as that for Critical Skills permit, although the employer should still expect that the applicant has some relevant degree or previous work experience.

For Critical Skills, applicants can apply for an immediate family reunification for their dependent. For General permit, I think you would have to wait for a year but I haven't kept in touch with the policies in recent years. Stamp 4 is possible only after 5 years (via Long Term Residency).

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:02 am

Thanks @littlerr

Yes I was talking about General work permit.. occupation fell under the ICT umbrella.. Person have Professional experience of 10+ year But don't have Proper degree.. that's why I suggest General work permit.. please correct me if I'm wrong..

Second if he go for general work permit, will he be able to bring his family? that's the most important question/Concern for him..

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:12 am

finalversion_2k wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:02 am
Thanks @littlerr

Yes I was talking about General work permit.. occupation fell under the ICT umbrella.. Person have Professional experience of 10+ year But don't have Proper degree.. that's why I suggest General work permit.. please correct me if I'm wrong..

Second if he go for general work permit, will he be able to bring his family? that's the most important question/Concern for him..
He should be able to apply for a Critical Skills if he has 10 year experience plus an offer at that level. Only critical skills permit allow immediate family reunification.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:28 am

are you sure he should to apply?? because as I read on DBEI web. without degree you need 64K and Job should be in Critical skill set..

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:19 am

Yes the occupation needs to be in the critical skills list. You said the occupation is under the ICT umbrella. Is it not critical skills related occupation? If not, then the general permit is his only option.

Johni
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Johni » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:58 am

Hi finalversion_ 2k
What's news about your case, are you applying work permit or somebody else.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:47 am

Yes his occupation is in critical skill list, but he has received offer of 58K..

As per DBEI without degree on critical skill list you need 64K offer..

@Johni : I'm looking for information for someone else.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:25 pm

A degree is certainly highly recommended but it cannot be a hard stop. A person with many years of relevant experience is certainly more favourable than a person that just graduated from college with zero work experience. He should also try to put any professional certification he has in the application.

It would really depend on the personal circumstances, and the condition/status of the employer. A big employer in the trusted scheme is more likely to get approved than a small employer with only a handful staff. DBEI would also need to examine how relevant the 10-year work experience is, and how 'critical' the skill sets are.

My company recruited 2 Brazilian staff before Covid-19 started, one of which did not go to a university but has worked in the area for more than 20 years now. Both applications were submitted together and both were approved together.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:53 pm

Thanks @littlerr ..
littlerr wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:25 pm
A degree is certainly highly recommended but it cannot be a hard stop. A person with many years of relevant experience is certainly more favourable than a person that just graduated from college with zero work experience. He should also try to put any professional certification he has in the application.

It would really depend on the personal circumstances, and the condition/status of the employer. A big employer in the trusted scheme is more likely to get approved than a small employer with only a handful staff. DBEI would also need to examine how relevant the 10-year work experience is, and how 'critical' the skill sets are.
I have worked in trusted partner company.. completely agree with you.. Trusted partner are always ther favourite..
littlerr wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:25 pm
My company recruited 2 Brazilian staff before Covid-19 started, one of which did not go to a university but has worked in the area for more than 20 years now. Both applications were submitted together and both were approved together.
again agree with you.. here interesting thing is, if we know whats the offer both candidate received, were they above OR below 64K.. I know we will not get the answer as its unprofessional to share your package details..

Thanks a mill