ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

European Family Permit - Confusing Documents Checklist - Which ones do i need to provide?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ixb11170
Newly Registered
Italy

European Family Permit - Confusing Documents Checklist - Which ones do i need to provide?

Post by ixb11170 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:59 pm

Hello,

I am an Italian national with pre-settled status in UK. My wife (non EEA) is doing an application for a European Family Permit. We are at the point where she needs to go and provide documents/biometrics. We got the appointment to do this, however we are confused by the checklist gov.uk provided us with. In the checklist there are multiple documents listed but i think most of them are not required or do not apply at all.

the following documents seem to be required:
  • National ID of my wif (applicant)
    Passport of my wife
    Proof of our relationship
But also continuing on there is another section which lists various docuents and asks to tick the ones you will include. the list is:
  • Information about your visit
    Money (either income or savings)
    Home address
    Evidence of assets
    Additional Information
Are any of these compulsory? Even if not, should i provide some of these?

Thank you!

admin1
Newly Registered
Spain

Re: European Family Permit - Confusing Documents Checklist - Which ones do i need to provide?

Post by admin1 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:06 pm

your wife needs to apply for EUSS family permit. not EEA family permit. for her application she just need your pre settlement 16 digit number and link your application to her and your original marriage certificate