ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 Creative - Cancelling application and CoS

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yessemper
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Tier 5 Creative - Cancelling application and CoS

Post by yessemper » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:22 am

Hi all,

I am currently on a Tier 5 Creative and Sporting 3-month concession visa, which got extended to July 31st due to COVID-19.

I am applying for a new, 12-month Tier 5 Creative and Sporting visa with a CoS that expires on August 3rd.

Due to flight restrictions, I can't go back to my country to do the BRP application (Argentina), so I was planning to apply from an EU country, Switzerland in particular. However, borders are still closed for non-EU citizens almost everywhere.

I wanted to know on one hand how long does an application stay open before setting up a BRP appointment.

On the other, if I chose to cancel my current visa application and submit another one, would the current CoS be spoiled? I should be able to get a refund if I haven't set up a BRP appointment at the application centers, right?

Thank you very much for your time and help.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 5 Creative - Cancelling application and CoS

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:50 am

yessemper wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:22 am
Due to flight restrictions, I can't go back to my country to do the BRP application (Argentina), so I was planning to apply from an EU country, Switzerland in particular. However, borders are still closed for non-EU citizens almost everywhere.
There is a concession to apply in the UK. See https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

yessemper
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by yessemper » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:03 pm

Thanks for your answer!

I thought that applied to me, but apparently it doesn't because I got in the UK with the Tier 5 3-month concession, which means I didn't need to do my BRP for this visa.

The helpline agents told me those exceptions to do it from the UK require you to apply for an extension instead of a new visa application, but in my case that would get my CoS automatically rejected because of my entry under the concession.

I called many times to different helplines getting contradicting information most of the time, so I prefer doing the regular process. My two questions from the original post are the only doubts I have.

Thanks again

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:07 pm

yessemper wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:03 pm
I called many times to different helplines getting contradicting information most of the time, so I prefer doing the regular process. My two questions from the original post are the only doubts I have.
Why is your Tier 5 sponsor not advising you on this?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.