ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language B1 Expired

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

English Language B1 Expired

Post by jafferdeen » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:58 pm

My friend is applying for his Spouse visa extension next week.He has submitted Trinity College B1 certificate with his initial application as a partner of British Citizen ,which was accepted.He was awarded B1 on 15th August 2017 which is now more than 2 years old.
I understand that Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago for ILR and British Citizenship.In his case will expired B1 certificate is enough for his spouse visa extension or he will need to produce a new certificate again ?

Please guide
J Khan

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: English Language B1 Expired

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:11 pm

jafferdeen wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:58 pm
My friend is applying for his Spouse visa extension next week.He has submitted Trinity College B1 certificate with his initial application as a partner of British Citizen ,which was accepted.He was awarded B1 on 15th August 2017 which is now more than 2 years old.
I understand that Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago for ILR and British Citizenship.In his case will expired B1 certificate is enough for his spouse visa extension or he will need to produce a new certificate again ?

Please guide
Yes this can be reused at it was successfully used previously and so far the provider is still on the HO approved list. Hope the certificate also carries UKVI reference number?

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

Post by jafferdeen » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:16 pm

Thanks.yes it does has reference number.
Can you share any link please just to make sure he is on safe side.i saw this link but it tells only about ILR and British citizenship .

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ituations.
J Khan

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:25 pm

jafferdeen wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:16 pm
Can you share any link please just to make sure he is on safe side
32D. If an applicant applying for limited leave to enter or remain under Part 8 or Appendix FM submits an English language test certificate or result and the Home Office has already accepted it as part of a successful previous partner or parent application (but not where the application was refused, even if on grounds other than the English language requirement), the decision-maker will accept that certificate or result as valid if it is:
(a) from a provider which is no longer approved, or
(b) from a provider who remains approved but the test the applicant has taken with that provider is no longer approved, or
(c) from a test centre which is no longer approved, or
(d) past its validity date
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:20 pm

jafferdeen wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:16 pm
Can you share any link please just to make sure he is on safe side.i saw this link but it tells only about ILR and British citizenship .

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ituations.
See paragraph 32D of FM-SE

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

Post by jafferdeen » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:12 pm

Thanks for your kind help
J Khan