ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

STARTUP VISA ADVISE AND SUCCESSFUL CASES

Only for Start-Up Visas and Innovator Visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

olaolaola666
Newly Registered
Mood:
Georgia

STARTUP VISA ADVISE AND SUCCESSFUL CASES

Post by olaolaola666 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:31 pm

Hi guys, I'm writing you in a bit of a sad mood as just found out my company is making myself redundant due to Covid 19. I have used immigration boards previously and always found this website and people here being very helpful. I would like to ask for your advise regarding Tier 1 Startup Visa.

So, although, my company has announced that I was put on the redundancy risk list (which means my Tier 2 visa will be curtailed too), I have started to work on my Startup back in January and it is ready to be launched. I would like to listen to some more experienced Tier 1 visa holders and seek for an advise.
I have carefully read all rules of Tier 1 and it seems that my startup falls well within Home Office's demands. However, I have also heard that Endorsing Bodies arent' issuing any support letters for new applicants - been told this is due to CV19 outbreak.
Could anyone recommend or advise what should I do right now as it seems that I'll have around 5 months from now on to apply for a new visa? Any information would be extremely useful for myself right now
Many thanks to all!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: STARTUP VISA ADVISE AND SUCCESSFUL CASES

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:11 pm

You need think strategically at the moment.

Is it easier for you to get a Tier 2 or to change route?

For Tier 2, you know the drill already and you can find a new sponsor.

For the Tier 1, you have to convince the Endorsement Body. Tech Nation are not operating at the moment and the message displayed on their web page suggests they won't do endorsements in 2020:

https://technation.io/visa/startup-and-innovator/

They will be operating again in 2021 as the Tier 1 will be also open to EEA nationals.