ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

senu14
Sri Lanka

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by senu14 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:07 pm

jay287 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:32 am
Hi senu,

Unfortunately no news yet I guess we have to wait for them. I was thinking to ring them but it hasn’t been a month yet. I’ll surely keep you posted. No news for both.

senu14 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:32 pm
jay287 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:48 pm
Hi senu,

I will surely update you. did your solicitor sent the chase letter yet? It’s been 9months since my main interview. Fingers crossed for us all. I honestly feel like I am in double pandemic. I think we all are feeling the same thing. But I know our uncertainty is temporary.
senu14 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:18 pm

Hi Jay ,

its nice to hear you are living around here in Cambridge. we live in Cambridge for 10 years now to be honest its really hard to leave here now specially for kids their all friends here they never been out of Cambridge. yeah we are only getting financial support yet because we didn't want accommodation before but with current situation its hard for us to stay same place. same as you every single day I'm waking up with full of hopes hear something from HO but nothing yet. please let me know once you hear around where you gonna get accommodation. at the moment burning problem where will be
Hi Jay,
Did you hear from NASS regards your accommodation request or any news from FSU ? I have sent eviction letter and self statement nearly two weeks before but after that didn't hear anything yet.
Hi Jay,
Thank you for reply. me too thinking ring them. didn't hear nothing from solicitor either its been nearly 4 weeks im waiting from her too. good luck for us.

jay287

Post by jay287 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:21 pm

Hi senu,

My support worker told me that it normally take 46weeks for them unless you have an eviction date. I think it’s worth calling them. I’ll wait until next week otherwise I will ring them too.

senu14 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:07 pm
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

Unfortunately no news yet I guess we have to wait for them. I was thinking to ring them but it hasn’t been a month yet. I’ll surely keep you posted. No news for both.

senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:48 pm
Hi senu,

I will surely update you. did your solicitor sent the chase letter yet? It’s been 9months since my main interview. Fingers crossed for us all. I honestly feel like I am in double pandemic. I think we all are feeling the same thing. But I know our uncertainty is temporary.

Hi Jay,
Did you hear from NASS regards your accommodation request or any news from FSU ? I have sent eviction letter and self statement nearly two weeks before but after that didn't hear anything yet.
Hi Jay,
Thank you for reply. me too thinking ring them. didn't hear nothing from solicitor either its been nearly 4 weeks im waiting from her too. good luck for us.

nuni1234
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by nuni1234 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:24 pm

Hi to all Members
i need your help please i claimed asylum and had screening interview in april 2019 since then i didnt hear anything from HO no main interview nothing could anyone please help what should i do? where should i contact them for my interview?

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:12 pm

nuni1234 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:24 pm
Hi to all Members
i need your help please i claimed asylum and had screening interview in april 2019 since then i didnt hear anything from HO no main interview nothing could anyone please help what should i do? where should i contact them for my interview?
I am in the same position. I had mine in March 2019 and since then nothing either.

nuni1234
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by nuni1234 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:00 pm

rina wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:12 pm
nuni1234 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:24 pm
Hi to all Members
I am in the same position. I had mine in March 2019 and since then nothing either.
Hi rina have you chase HO regarding the interview.are you living in HO accomodation or urs ?

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:39 pm

jay287 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:21 pm
Hi senu,

My support worker told me that it normally take 46weeks for them unless you have an eviction date. I think it’s worth calling them. I’ll wait until next week otherwise I will ring them too.

senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

senu14 wrote:

Hi Jay,
Hi Jay,
Hi Jay,
I have contacted MP today and got fast reply from him. as he said his office staff rang HO regarding my application status but HO only mentioned application continuous to remain under consideration . but MP written to me that he would like write to HO to asking urgently prioritise my application for a decision based on the difficulties currently being experienced. do you think will it help to get fast response or know anybody had same experience

jay287

Post by jay287 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:28 pm

Hi senu,

I read somewhere involving MP however to me personally it won’t make any difference. It won’t influence the HO decision on our cases, My solicitor and support worker didn’t suggest doing those things but we have all the rights to chase the HO especially there’s no decision for over 6months. I’ll keep you posted if something come up. Lemme know as well!

Best of luck to us
senu14 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:39 pm
jay287 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:21 pm
Hi senu,

senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

Hi Jay,
Hi Jay,
I have contacted MP today and got fast reply from him. as he said his office staff rang HO regarding my application status but HO only mentioned application continuous to remain under consideration . but MP written to me that he would like write to HO to asking urgently prioritise my application for a decision based on the difficulties currently being experienced. do you think will it help to get fast response or know anybody had same experience

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:53 pm

A quick update on my case. The home office send my lawyer an email saying they aim to make a decision between the next 8-9 weeks.
Also My life has been a stressful this past 3 weeks as my ex husband (which I didn’t know was still in the country as I haven’t seen him since 2017) managed to find me and the kids. Things got bad when he came as I was injured on my hand and my back and my son also got bruised when he was trying to protect me. The police came and took pictures and took statements After called the police but he’s left before they arrived and I got referred to domestic violence organisation and now something about MIRAC. They have apply for non molestation order for me and now he’s is currently wanted. I don’t know how he found out my address as I left this abusive marriage back then. Part of my asylum claim was due to him and his family member back home as they maltreat me and want to separate me from my children due to my HIV status which I was diagnosed in 2015 after I was raped the year before. I’ve been mentally drained. The dv agency have contacted my solicitor and she said we should wait till they make a decision on my asylum hopefully in September ending before she decides next step or inform home office of my new situation.

jay287

Post by jay287 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:15 pm

Hi violet,
So sorry about this. I hope you’re keeping well. I understand how you’re feeling, we kind of have similar case. It’s tough but stay strong for your kids. I think they will give you a refuge now. I hope you will be move to another place.

You can send those as part of your claim. To me personally inform the home office, it is a safeguarding concern especially you have children. Lesson learned from my case was I didn’t tell the Ho straight away about my dv.

I have a civil case as well for my ex husband and in laws.

Best of luck to us all
Violetsareblue wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:53 pm
A quick update on my case. The home office send my lawyer an email saying they aim to make a decision between the next 8-9 weeks.
Also My life has been a stressful this past 3 weeks as my ex husband (which I didn’t know was still in the country as I haven’t seen him since 2017) managed to find me and the kids. Things got bad when he came as I was injured on my hand and my back and my son also got bruised when he was trying to protect me. The police came and took pictures and took statements After called the police but he’s left before they arrived and I got referred to domestic violence organisation and now something about MIRAC. They have apply for non molestation order for me and now he’s is currently wanted. I don’t know how he found out my address as I left this abusive marriage back then. Part of my asylum claim was due to him and his family member back home as they maltreat me and want to separate me from my children due to my HIV status which I was diagnosed in 2015 after I was raped the year before. I’ve been mentally drained. The dv agency have contacted my solicitor and she said we should wait till they make a decision on my asylum hopefully in September ending before she decides next step or inform home office of my new situation.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:41 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:53 pm
Hi Violet,
really sorry to hear about this and hope you and your kids doing well now. its nice to hear that you did hear from HO im sure you will get positive outcome near future. if you don't mind could you please let me know how long did it take HO response to your solicitor because im waiting more than a month to hear from my solicitor. she said wrote the HO a month before but still didn't hear anything from her.

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:34 pm

Hi senu, I sent my child’s passport in February to be added as my dependent and my also told my lawyer to ask for updates On my claim.

In MAY we receive email asking for further evidence regarding my me and my daughter medical issues.

Then Two days ago we received another email giving time frame for decision.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:35 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:34 pm
Hi senu, I sent my child’s passport in February to be added as my dependent and my also told my lawyer to ask for updates On my claim.

In MAY we receive email asking for further evidence regarding my me and my daughter medical issues.

Hi Violet,

Thank you for your reply. I sent new evidence for my elder daughter's 7 years resident( she been born UK) last October. Then sent second daughter's British citizen registered certificate in last February same as you. no response at all so I'm trying to get update or timeframe but nothing works yet.

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:25 pm

senu14 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:35 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:

Hi Violet,

Thank you for your reply. I sent new evidence for my elder daughter's 7 years resident( she been born UK) last October. Then sent second daughter's British citizen registered certificate in last February same as you. no response at all so I'm trying to get update or timeframe but nothing works yet.
Hopefully we receive good news soon.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:19 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:25 pm
senu14 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:35 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:

Hi Violet,

Hopefully we receive good news soon.
Hi Violet,
I wish the same but have worried they are working as normal during this climate or not. It was super slow process even before covid 19 situation so now ?

Nicefat1920
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Nicefat1920 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:16 pm

Good day friends,please i needed advised on how or what to do with regards to our application.I came to this country some years ago.to be precise 2009 with a student visa and i did my programme and went ahead to renew to PSW.with my PSW ,i brought my MRS to the UK and we renew to student again until our college was revoked and we apply for FLRO then to Asylum which has since be refused with the appeal exhausted in 2018. We have since be reporting yearly at the reporting centre though i managed to fund my mortgage,never claim any kind of support or help from the system. i have 3 children in the UK which are all born here and the eldest is 6 years plus. I have be reading this thread and would solicit any good help here as we are short of money and scared to claim anything because loads of questioning that comes with govt. support. is it safe to apply for fee waiver? is it better or quicker to apply for further submission or FLR FP application? what are the issues you think may be my hurdle in anyway i go. I am thinking of making the application myself, do you think its safe?
#advisedneedednotabuse#

shooroma

Post by shooroma » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:43 am

Hi Nicefat1920,

I think the easy option might be to submit further evidence regarding the child 7 year rule when your child turns 7.However , these submissions may take long time for the home office to decide your case based on other peoples experiences on this forum but it all depends on the individual circumstances as some people have received quick reply.

Applying for a fee waiver may require you to submit detailed information about your finances to prove that you are destitute or may be at risk of being destitute as a result of paying application fees , and as you have mentioned that you own a house , it may raise further questions.

The best option might be to seek legal advice from a lawyer before deciding which route to take.

All the best

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:10 am

Khatoon82 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:14 am
senu14 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:39 pm
senu14 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:12 pm
Khatoon82 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:47 pm

Hi
Any updates regarding your application, bio metric letter or any contact from home office ?
I am still in same situation waiting patiently no updates
Hi,
I didn't received anything yet so stressful waiting. two times sent complaint emails but no response either. I seen some people who made a claim this January also received biometric for 7 years basis don't know why it keeping us this long.
hi,
I received an email from MP today. I have contacted MP regarding my application delay after I didn't get response myself but it was not that useful too. HO informed to MP they received recent evidence and being reviewed but HO didn't update him progressing of application only says still being work on it.
Hi thanks for the update ,
Well I did put a complaint in last September and they replied that they will make a decision on my application within next 7 months , just guessing depending on forum experience I think it take about 19 months I think you will receive a biometric letter before end of this month , and then another month for grant . Fingers crossed
Hi,
Didn't hear from you long.hope you are doing well. did you hear anything or any updates. I'm still in waiting game since 21 months.

Nicefat1920
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Nicefat1920 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:09 pm

shooroma wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:43 am
Hi Nicefat1920,

I think the easy option might be to submit further evidence regarding the child 7 year rule when your child turns 7.However , these submissions may take long time for the home office to decide your case based on other peoples experiences on this forum but it all depends on the individual circumstances as some people have received quick reply.

Applying for a fee waiver may require you to submit detailed information about your finances to prove that you are destitute or may be at risk of being destitute as a result of paying application fees , and as you have mentioned that you own a house , it may raise further questions.

The best option might be to seek legal advice from a lawyer before deciding which route to take.

All the best

Thanks Shooroma,
i was told that with further submission if refused as in the case of many,there is no appeal and that may be further delay.i dont know if this is true

shooroma

Post by shooroma » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:52 am

Nicefat1920 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:09 pm
shooroma wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:43 am
Hi Nicefat1920,

All the best

Thanks Shooroma,
i was told that with further submission if refused as in the case of many,there is no appeal and that may be further delay.i dont know if this is true
Hi,
If you make further submissions based on Human rights,you get the right to appeal to the court should they refuse you.

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:12 am

Hello everyone, I posted an update on my claim but I think it been deleted as I haven’t been able to access this website as it was undergoing maintenance.
I received a decision letter from the home on 3 days ago and it says I’ve been granted leave in the U.K. under Family life but my claim for asylum and humanitarian have been refused.
Firstly I’m just really happy that me and my children now have some form of leave to remain.
I have also been given deadline to enroll my brp so they I can prove my new status but all the centres are closed and I don’t know what to do. The phone number aren’t going through island I’m not able to book the appointment soo I’m really worried. Could someone advice on what to do please.

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:12 am

Hello everyone, I posted an update on my claim but I think it been deleted as I haven’t been able to access this website as it was undergoing maintenance.
I received a decision letter from the home on 3 days ago and it says I’ve been granted leave in the U.K. under Family life but my claim for asylum and humanitarian have been refused.
Firstly I’m just really happy that me and my children now have some form of leave to remain.
I have also been given deadline to enroll my brp so they I can prove my new status but all the centres are closed and I don’t know what to do. The phone number aren’t going through island I’m not able to book the appointment soo I’m really worried. Could someone advice on what to do please.

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:23 am

Also I’m going to be appealing with with the help of my lawyer because the caseworker made many error ( like saying my husband was my dependent). I haven’t been with my ex husband since 2017 so I dont know why they said that. They also said that I’m educated to secondary school level and can speak English abit so I can return as a lone woman. This is mad because I have 6 children, two with special needs now and I have medical problems. I don’t have any family in My country (which was accepted) so I don’t know how I’d survive that to be honest so I don’t know what they’re thinking. I have no savings nothing Nothing.
They also failed to consider my mental health condition when they said my story wasn’t very accurate. My interview lasted 8 hours long, I was 6 months pregnant, I had a very bad interpreter( as I spoke in my native language) and they didn’t even give me breathing space. I don’t know why my caseworkers has no compassion in regards to these.
I’m going to try and appeal for first tier tribunal on based or Lone woman and Article 3 destitution and Dregrading treatment. If I’m lucky the happy days, if not I’ll just stick to my family life leave to remain.
Immigration is driving my mental.
Any advice on those who have appealed will be appreciated so I can be well prepared and not make any errors.
Thank you people🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

shooroma

Post by shooroma » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:03 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:12 am
Hi Violetsareblue

Congratulations on being granted under family and private life although you wanted asylum which you are planning on appealing, but at least you now have leave to remain.

shooroma

Post by shooroma » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:04 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:12 am
Hi Violetsareblue

Congratulations on being granted under family and private life although you wanted asylum which you are planning on appealing, but at least you now have leave to remain.

jay287

Post by jay287 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:21 pm

Hi violet,

Congratulations! I am very happy for you. I read somewhere that they have temporary post office brp enrolment.

As for myself I am happy as I was granted with scholarship I will start university this September. Still waiting for my decision. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Violetsareblue wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:23 am
Also I’m going to be appealing with with the help of my lawyer because the caseworker made many error ( like saying my husband was my dependent). I haven’t been with my ex husband since 2017 so I dont know why they said that. They also said that I’m educated to secondary school level and can speak English abit so I can return as a lone woman. This is mad because I have 6 children, two with special needs now and I have medical problems. I don’t have any family in My country (which was accepted) so I don’t know how I’d survive that to be honest so I don’t know what they’re thinking. I have no savings nothing Nothing.
They also failed to consider my mental health condition when they said my story wasn’t very accurate. My interview lasted 8 hours long, I was 6 months pregnant, I had a very bad interpreter( as I spoke in my native language) and they didn’t even give me breathing space. I don’t know why my caseworkers has no compassion in regards to these.
I’m going to try and appeal for first tier tribunal on based or Lone woman and Article 3 destitution and Dregrading treatment. If I’m lucky the happy days, if not I’ll just stick to my family life leave to remain.
Immigration is driving my mental.
Any advice on those who have appealed will be appreciated so I can be well prepared and not make any errors.
Thank you people🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾