ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

snooky

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by snooky » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:35 pm

Modesire wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:05 pm
hi everyone,...thanks Snooky for your help each time. I have been following for awhile now after submitting paper application in Feb and still waiting for response. i'm currently on my 2nd 2.5yrs which expires mid next year with recourse to public fund (I later applied to be removed during COVID). My question is if I apply for drf1 as suggested now and later win the appeal afterwards, will I be given settled or pre settled settlement under eu settlement scheme?
Modesire

Let me take this opportunity to explain something about the eu settlement scheme Zambrano dr.

First of all eu settlement scheme is not under eu regulations and it is a typical domestic thing.

There's this caveat or block within page 13 - 14 of the appendix eu Zambrano guidance.

Please bear in mind that if you win Zambrano EEA application under regulation 16 and you still have Leave to REMAIN under appendix fm, the appendix eu 2016 settlement scheme application will not be considered.

This is because within British domestic immigration laws the 2 forms of leave overlaps as they are all domestic leave to REMAIN.

So people should understand that, most of my write up here is based on EEA regulations. But as now there is a FTT appeal under eu settlement scheme for now no one has gone through and the courts haven't provided directions for such situations.

But having LEAVE under EEA is very important and can lead smoothly to pre/settled status

Having settled status or pre settled status all depends on how many years you have been a family member and a qualified person all together

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:42 pm

Lagosbos wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:40 pm
@ IST it was within 28 days. The have no any other excuse other than you currently hold a LTR and if you try arguing using EEA regulations they will also point out you have not been refused refused under the EEA regulations but under the EU settlement scheme. Therefore, the regulations don't apply to your case. So basically this is only dealt with within Appendix EU. So as Snooky as suggested earlier i believe DRF1 is more arguable in court.
You are right. Arguing regulation 16 with appendix eu wouldn't work because they are similar but not the same.

Appendix eu is a promise and not deeds

Modesire
Newly Registered

Post by Modesire » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:48 pm

snooky wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:35 pm
Modesire wrote:
hi everyone,...thanks Snooky for your help each time. I have been following for awhile now after submitting paper application in Feb and still waiting for response. i'm currently on my 2nd 2.5yrs which expires mid next year with recourse to public fund (I later applied to be removed during COVID). My question is if I apply for drf1 as suggested now and later win the appeal afterwards, will I be given settled or pre settled settlement under eu settlement scheme?
Modesire

Let me take this opportunity to explain something about the eu settlement scheme Zambrano dr.

First of all eu settlement scheme is not under eu regulations and it is a typical domestic thing.

There's this caveat or block within page 13 - 14 of the appendix eu Zambrano guidance.

Please bear in mind that if you win Zambrano EEA application under regulation 16 and you still have Leave to REMAIN under appendix fm, the appendix eu 2016 settlement scheme application will not be considered.

This is because within British domestic immigration laws the 2 forms of leave overlaps as they are all domestic leave to REMAIN.

So people should understand that, most of my write up here is based on EEA regulations. But as now there is a FTT appeal under eu settlement scheme for now no one has gone through and the courts haven't provided directions for such situations.

But having LEAVE under EEA is very important and can lead smoothly to pre/settled status

Having settled status or pre settled status all depends on how many years you have been a family member and a qualified person all together
@ snooky

I really appreciate your quick response. what do you advice I should do now? because very soon my application will come back as unsuccessful like others due to LTR.

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:03 pm

Modesire wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:48 pm
snooky wrote:
Modesire wrote:
Modesire

@ snooky

I really appreciate your quick response. what do you advice I should do now? because very soon my application will come back as unsuccessful like others due to LTR.
Modesire

As the EEA regulations do not bar anyone to hold the two and by having the EEA BRC, you can have ILR early.

What I will say is to go for the EEA application. In Britain things move very fast. Things can change.

So so so please go for it

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:17 pm

Hi Snooky, how are you. Glad you are still here doing your good work. Thanks and God bless you.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:30 pm

Snooky, my 2.5 leave to remain will expire in 26 days time. I still haven’t heard anything from the EU settlement scheme. I intend putting in a DRF 1 application.

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:43 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:30 pm
Snooky, my 2.5 leave to remain will expire in 26 days time. I still haven’t heard anything from the EU settlement scheme. I intend putting in a DRF 1 application.
Count yourself luck at the moment as good news because based on the HO terrible guidance, if your leave expires within their office then you stand a chance of successful getting the settlement scheme status.

I will pray that it delays fo 40 days more as that will trigger the 14 days grace period that also graces the within 28 days windows for domestic applications

jupiter2016
Mood:

Post by jupiter2016 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:46 pm

Hi to all
its been a really really long time away from this GREAT FORUM. I couldn't stop myself to share my experience with this thread..
First of all I would like to say very very BIG thank you to one of our Respected GURU,(Obie)..

He is a person with pure heart and very good knowledge of this complex rules of EU..Without his countless favours and help I wouldn't stand a chance in hostile situation with family of four without right to work since
end of 2015.I am very very thankful to him.GOD BLESS .

My battle is almost to end with HO.
HERE SHORT SUMMERY:
In 2019 HO ISSUED LTR of 2.5 years as a part of reconsideration of PREVIOUS APPLICATIONS.
We applied DRF1 IN JUNE 2019
REfused in august , FTT allowed appeal .
received DRC
( 5 YEARS UNDER ZAMBARANO)
Applied EUSS in january2020 ( no right to appeal at that time with EUSS)-refused again saying that we have LTR.

Lodge AR In april every month getting same covid 19 excuse from HO to conclude AR.
Lets see what comes to end..

Thanking you to all honourable GURUS and members of this particular thread..YOu are all helping to so many family lives..

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:47 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:17 pm
Hi Snooky, how are you. Glad you are still here doing your good work. Thanks and God bless you.

Tnx LULUBABY, we keeping the fire on so that people will have confidence within their selves and take the biggest executive power on on case by case basis

Hope you're ok too

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:58 pm

jupiter2016 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:46 pm
Hi to all
its been a really really long time away from this GREAT FORUM. I couldn't stop myself to share my experience with this thread..
First of all I would like to say very very BIG thank you to one of our Respected GURU,(Obie)..

He is a person with pure heart and very good knowledge of this complex rules of EU..Without his countless favours and help I wouldn't stand a chance in hostile situation with family of four without right to work since

HERE SHORT SUMMERY:
In 2019 HO ISSUED LTR of 2.5 years as a part of reconsideration of PREVIOUS APPLICATIONS.
received DRC
Applied EU Settlement Scheme in january2020 ( no right to appeal at that time with EU Settlement Scheme)-refused again saying that we have LTR.

Lodge AR In april every month getting same covid 19 excuse from HO to conclude AR.

Thanking you to all honourable GURUS and members of this particular thread..YOu are all helping to so many family lives..

jupiter2016

For the HO caseworkers, no one knows why the have been instructed to do automatic refusal without assessing cases. Is all about tick boxes.

What I will advise you again is to reapply for the settlement scheme application as the next refusal can lead you to FTT.

With AR, the bias case reviewers are sticking with their colleagues and working with a guidance with is illegal and not fit for purpose.

At the court you stand a better chance to gain your settled status because home Office has already confirmed your derivative right and granted leave under the EEA so any judge will allow your appeal. Moreover you could argue with the regulations at the court.

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:19 pm

@snooky please I need your peals of wisdom . I have 2.5ltr granted at the beginning of this year following a failed asylum application, it was granted after I managed to secure a British Passport for my child ( the asylum application went to appeal) . I applied for EU Settlement Scheme in February and I have received my COA. Reading your amazing advice on here about applying for DFR1 I have a Couple of questions.
If I apply for DFR1 will it cancel out the EU Settlement Scheme application?
Also can I request for the documents submitted for the EU Settlement Scheme application to submit for DFR1 or do I put a note in the application to indicate it’s already with the home office. I submitted all the letters I had as proof with my EU Settlement Scheme application.
Thank you

jupiter2016
Mood:

Post by jupiter2016 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:28 pm

thank you so much snooky.

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:31 pm

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:19 pm
@snooky please I need your peals of wisdom . I have 2.5ltr granted at the beginning of this year following a failed asylum application, it was granted after I managed to secure a British Passport for my child ( the asylum application went to appeal) . I applied for EU Settlement Scheme in February and I have received my COA. Reading your amazing advice on here about applying for DFR1 I have a Couple of questions.
Also can I request for the documents submitted for the EU Settlement Scheme application to submit for DFR1 or do I put a note in the application to indicate it’s already with the home office. I submitted all the letters I had as proof with my EU Settlement Scheme application.
Thank you
Fraustrated2019

The Drf1 application wouldn't vary/overlap your eu settlement scheme application. They the same thing but granted in different immigration Acts. So people who currently have EEA resident card can also have settled status card at the same time and use co-currently.

The Settlement scheme dont really stay on your identity documents apart from supporting evidence.

You will need to get the same documents again from the respective departments and add your identifications to it for them as it's a prerequisite.

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:35 pm

snooky wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:31 pm
Fustrated2019 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:19 pm
Thank you
Fraustrated2019

The Drf1 application wouldn't vary/overlap your eu settlement scheme application. They the same thing but granted in different immigration Acts. So people who currently have EEA resident card can also have settled status card at the same time and use co-currently.

The Settlement scheme dont really stay on your identity documents apart from supporting evidence.

You will need to get the same documents again from the respective departments and add your identifications to it for them as it's a prerequisite.
Thank you very much for your swift response. I will get unto it tomorrow. Thank you for all you do 😊

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:03 pm

snooky wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:43 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:30 pm
Count yourself luck at the moment as good news because based on the HO terrible guidance, if your leave expires within their office then you stand a chance of successful getting the settlement scheme status.

I will pray that it delays fo 40 days more as that will trigger the 14 days grace period that also graces the within 28 days windows for domestic applications
Honestly, since the lockdown ended and EU resolution centre resumed work, I put a restraining order on myself. I refused to call them. As soon as it was 27 days left on my leave to remain, (yesterday), I quickly checked my inbox and spam mails (no reply from Home Office), then called the EU resolution centre.

The agent checked and started telling me the usual “your application is with the case worker, some home office staff are working from home due to social distancing.....”, I interrupted him and said , “That’s okay, I understand. Hope you all are ok and didn’t lose anyone. Please take
yourself and have a pleasant day. Byeeeeeee.”

Since then I have been like a dog on leash. I have been well behaved, counting down and waiting. I have also had a change of name- PATIENCE.

Home Office case workers love following their guidance notes. ALAS the opportunity has come!.

Sebel
Cameroon

Post by Sebel » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:05 am

IST wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:56 pm
Sebel wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:46 pm
IST wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:56 am
snooky wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:49 am

Normal due to covid19 pandemic
Thank you Snooky

@all please inthe AR form, they are asking for my UAN number,that is a number that is found on your decision letter. But I am trying to put the number,they are telling me is incorrect .please where can I find the number? Thanks
Hi Sebel

As we got an paper application the UAN start with 0 for example if you case ID is 023471790 put as 0000-0000-2347-1790. I had the same issue and spoke to AR team .
Wow thanks so much

Sebel
Cameroon

Post by Sebel » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:18 am

jupiter2016 wrote:
Hi to all

HERE SHORT SUMMERY:
received DRC
Applied EU Settlement Scheme in january2020 ( no right to appeal at that time with EU Settlement Scheme)-refused again saying that we have LTR.

Congrates Jupiter 2016 for sharing your drf1 experience, hope you join and help us go through this process. I am onthe train of drf1 now. Did you use a solicitor? Thanks

Sebel
Cameroon

Post by Sebel » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:18 am

jupiter2016 wrote:
Hi to all

HERE SHORT SUMMERY:
received DRC

Congrates Jupiter 2016 for sharing your drf1 experience, hope you join and help us go through this process. I am onthe train of drf1 now. Did you use a solicitor? Thanks

Modesire
Newly Registered

Post by Modesire » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:27 am

snooky wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:03 pm
Modesire wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:48 pm
snooky wrote:
Modesire wrote:
Modesire

@ snooky

Modesire

As the EEA regulations do not bar anyone to hold the two and by having the EEA BRC, you can have ILR early.

What I will say is to go for the EEA application. In Britain things move very fast. Things can change.

So so so please go for it
@snooky

really appreciate, will submit it today. thanks alot

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:11 am

Good morning, I just called the EU resolution centre to request some of the supporting documents back . She insisted on knowing the reason I was requesting it so I told her I wanted to make a DRF1 application because they are refusing Zambrano carers the leave they deserve under the EU settlement even when they have all the proof they need .After putting me on hold , she came back and said someone would be in touch regarding the return of the documents. I am a bit surprised as I thought it would be a straightforward request. She didn’t say they haven’t scanned it or anything like that . She was just finding excuses not to return them. I don’t know what to think but I will give them till next week and call again.

Prettymum

Post by Prettymum » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:35 pm

Hi Guys, still waiting ooo
Congratulations to mushbir1981

bwunmi

Post by bwunmi » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:51 pm

snooky wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:21 pm
@All

There's 6 month left for anyone who want to be part of the eu law and protection.

As the court has trashed the guidance of the HO, please whatever you want to do, decide it fast before the curtain is closed on 31. 12. 2020
@spooky,I need your advice please.
I applied for Eu Settlement scheme presettle status in August 2019,as a primary carer of an Eu child. Got coa in September. I have no leave to remain at the moment. I have called the Eu Settlement scheme so many times but I still haven't got a decision yet.
My daughter 13years joined me late last year,she also got presettle status. I didn't include my daughter in my application because she wasn't here when I applied.
I'm scared my application might be refused,cos it 10 months already.
Do you think I should apply Eu route before it's too late. Waiting for your reply. Thank you

PlzHelp
Newly Registered

Post by PlzHelp » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:47 am

snooky wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:17 pm
@Leave to Remain 2.5

This is what the EU law states about WHO IS EXCLUDED FROM ZAMBRANO RIGHT TO RESIDE

Reg 16(7)(c)(i) exempt person - British citizens and ILR Only
Reg 16(7)(c)(i) right to reside under eea
Reg 16(8)(b)(ii) uncaring parents

Nb, people with limited leave to remain under rules have the Zambrano right to reside

HO guidance are ambiguous, illegal, not fit for purpose and incompatible with EU law and Parliamentary Statute

@Snooky, I need your help.
I have 2.5 ltr on 10 year route, I applied under EUSS June 2019, got a refusal decision on March 2020, on the bases that I already have a 2.5 ltr, I applied for AR and paid £80 March 2020 and again received refusal in May 2020 with the same reason that I already have 2.5 ltr and that HO won't anyway ask me to leave UK because I have 3 British children.
Therefore I should remain on that route or reaply with new evidence.
I was not given right to appeal, so what your advice to me please.

snooky

Post by snooky » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:25 am

bwunmi wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:51 pm
snooky wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:21 pm
@All

There's 6 month left for anyone who want to be part of the eu law and protection.

As the court has trashed the guidance of the HO, please whatever you want to do, decide it fast before the curtain is closed on 31. 12. 2020
@spooky,I need your advice please.
I applied for Eu Settlement scheme presettle status in August 2019,as a primary carer of an Eu child. Got coa in September. I have no leave to remain at the moment. I have called the Eu Settlement scheme so many times but I still haven't got a decision yet.
My daughter 13years joined me late last year,she also got presettle status. I didn't include my daughter in my application because she wasn't here when I applied.
I'm scared my application might be refused,cos it 10 months already.
Do you think I should apply Eu route before it's too late. Waiting for your reply. Thank you
As you have waited for 10 months already, just know that decision is just seconds away.

EEA right is your initial right and you can choose to go for it. BRC under EEA and BRC under the settlement scheme dont overlap and you can choose to have both.

As you never had any leave before you applied for the settlement scheme, you stand a better chance of being successful if you read the HO guidance.

My problem is, since the introduction of Zambrano EU settlement scheme on 2 May 2019, I haven't seen anyone who has been given pre/settled status without first having EEA Derivative BRC.

So I will say Yes. Protect yourself before you're eliminated by substitution by the dodgie HO.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:38 am

I just don’t understand why the Home Office is so inconsistent.

I thought the test question is - ‘if the applicant is required to leave the Uk for an indefinite period, will the British citizen be unable to reside in the Uk or EEA?.’

I thought it was about compulsion and not if the Home Office will ask the parent of a British citizen to leave.

It is very frustrating that they are so inconsistent. The worst part is that they have refused to update their ‘guidance’ to include those court judgements that favour those of us with 2.5 years ltr.

I just keep reading their guidance notes over and over everyday and on page 24, it is written that if at the point of decision a person has a leave to remain less than 28 days, that the case worker MUST consider the remainder of stage 4.

I have also read the ‘stage 4’ of the guidance and it is about the case worker checking if the applicant, has a leave to remain in the UK; if the British citizen will be unable to reside in the Uk or EEA; if there are alternative care arrangements available (for the British citizen).

My child is not even up to 10years old (even if they delay their decision for the next 2 years my child will only grow taller, lose or put on weight but will still not be 10years old). I can’t even travel except we are both going together and it must be during the school holiday time. I am a single parent.
Therefore if I am required to leave the Uk, we will both leave together.

My child’s other parent receives PIP.

There is no alternative care at all in place for my child.

Will Home Office now refuse the application saying that I should remain on the 10year route?.

I am becoming anxious again.