ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child OCI transfer + address change , what documents are needed?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

darkshadow
Newly Registered

Child OCI transfer + address change , what documents are needed?

Post by darkshadow » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:15 am

Hello,

I am in process of transferring OCI for my 5 yr old twins as well as taking advantage of changing address as well. I read other-countries/kids-oci-renewal-new-pa ... 96546.html and found it useful.

I have the following documents scanned with me:
Kids - OCI + passport copy
Kids - Birth certificate
Parents - OCI + passport copy
Parents - Marriage certificate
Parents - Electricity bill

I have a few queries:
  • What documents do I need to upload online on OCI govt website?
  • What documents do I need to take to VFS centre?
  • How many special delivry envelopes do I need to take for my 2 sons ? 2 (1 each) or 4 (2 each) ?
  • What size special delivery envelopes do I need? C3, C4 ?

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Child OCI transfer + address change , what documents are needed?

Post by crowbar6 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:58 pm

I had been to VFS again this week to submit an OCI Miscellaneous Services application to re-issue my other kid's OCI as his passport had been renewed (will update tracker separately).

I uploaded the following online. The heading where I uploaded them are in [] below.

1. Current valid passport. [CURRENT PASSPORT]
2. OCI Card - All pages of OCI Card, old passport (bio-data page) & U sticker page. [INDIAN VISA]
3. Marriage Certificate of the parents. [MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE]
4. Student ID card / Letter of Admission (Under Employment category) & bank statement as address proof [EMPLOYMENT / WORK LETTER]
5. Birth Certificate (Full Version) [RELATIONSHIP PROOF]
6. Current passport of parents (bio-data page), parents OCI Cards (first & last pages) and Surrender of Passport page (if applicable) [INDIAN ORIGIN PROOF]

Took originals & copies of the above along with -

1. Declaration - VFS will provide one if you don't have one
2. Authorisation letter as spouse couldn't attend & VFS guidance is now to let in only one person
3. Consent letter from both parents to allow this OCI Miscellaneous Service
4. 2 x Royal Mail SD envelopes. These were the C4 size as that is all I could get but C3 should do as well. - I'm not sure if you can do in 2 or need 4 (2 per applicant but run a search on the forum pages as someone surely would have submitted multiple applications in one go, for example, a family.

All copies were signed/self-attested by both parents - this is important. They've kept the OCI Card & old passport (with the U sticker) and returned all other originals including current passport. These two docs will be returned first followed by the new OCI Card later once processing has been completed.

Be sure to check the details on the VFS receipt. They spelt my kid's name wrong on the receipt and unnecessarily charged me for courier though I provided the SD envelops. Took a few mins extra to get this corrected.

Walk-ins no longer allowed due to Covid-19 guidelines so don't go if you don't have an appointment.
Regards,
crowbar6

xebec
Australia

Re: Child OCI transfer + address change , what documents are needed?

Post by xebec » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:08 am

Just a tip, if the marriage or birth certificates are not issued in India, it is preferable to have them apostilled (if issued by a member country of the Apostille Convention such as India/UK/US/Australia/EU) or legalised (eg Canada).

Having an apostilled document carries far more weight in the percieved geniuneness when presenting to a foreign government who have to legally accept it. Ideally you would want to get your birth, marriage, and citizenship/naturalisation certificates apostilled.

Whilst VFS UK does not have a mandated apostille requirement, there are some other VFS offices in other countries that do have this requirement.

This is just a suggestion to save you any potential hassles in the future.