ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrestricted COS issue

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Unrestricted COS issue

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:18 pm

vtox_g wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:18 pm
Got it thanks for clarifying.

In the application form, they asked Nation ID card detail which is issued my non-UK gov. Does anyone know which card detail I need here if I am Indian?
Ignore it. Not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vtox_g

Post by vtox_g » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
vtox_g wrote:
Got it thanks for clarifying.

In the application form, they asked Nation ID card detail which is issued my non-UK gov. Does anyone know which card detail I need here if I am Indian?
Ignore it. Not required.
Thanks CR001 for your help.

Information1
Newly Registered

Post by Information1 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:15 am

cx2y18 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:28 am
vtox_g wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:30 pm
Cx2y18, Thank you.

I am pretty sure it has not assigned to me yet as the COS was submitted and it was not issued by the HO. When was your COS raised? and any idea if the priority service is working?
Mine was only raised 1-2 weeks ago. HO told my employer that they have 1-2 weeks backlog due to COVID-19. But I feel it is much more than that according to this post.

I'm not sure about priority service sorry. There is a HO helpline that employers can call and enquire. Maybe it would help? At the bottom of this page: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ce-service
Did you received Ucos yet ? or what is latest response from HO to your employer ?

cx2y18
Newly Registered
China

Post by cx2y18 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:42 am

Information1 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:15 am
cx2y18 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:28 am
vtox_g wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:30 pm
Cx2y18, Thank you.

I am pretty sure it has not assigned to me yet as the COS was submitted and it was not issued by the HO. When was your COS raised? and any idea if the priority service is working?
Mine was only raised 1-2 weeks ago. HO told my employer that they have 1-2 weeks backlog due to COVID-19. But I feel it is much more than that according to this post.

I'm not sure about priority service sorry. There is a HO helpline that employers can call and enquire. Maybe it would help? At the bottom of this page: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ce-service
Did you received Ucos yet ? or what is latest response from HO to your employer ?

No not yet. I haven't followed up with them actually because I think it would be the same answer since people earlier than me haven't got it yet. Are you waiting for UCOS too?

vtox_g

Post by vtox_g » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:53 pm

Same here waiting for UCOS, are you guy employed or waiting for curtailment letter like me?

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by ejz127 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:11 am

vtox_g wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:13 am
Hey, One of my friends, his company has raised UCOS on 3rd April but not yet issued.

Even I am in a similar situation, so according to the home office if the COS is assigned we can join the company and the rest of the visa application that can be taken care of parallelly. But COS its self is not getting assigned so how this will work, any thoughts?
Hi vtox_g,

Do you know if your friend who applied Ucos on 3 April has received Ucos?
Mine was raised on 9th April and I am still waiting.

Thank you.

mnp108
Newly Registered
India

Post by mnp108 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:17 pm

Any updates on Ucos Allocation anyone

vtox_g

Post by vtox_g » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:20 pm

hey ezj127,
I just checked, no update yet. I think mostly they will open the 200-pound priority line again not sure.

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by ejz127 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:39 pm

vtox_g wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:20 pm
hey ezj127,
I just checked, no update yet. I think mostly they will open the 200-pound priority line again not sure.
Hi Vtox_g,

Thank you for checking. When my employer checked about a week ago, the HO said they were dealing with the request of UCOS rasied on 30 of March. It doesn't seem it has speeded up dealing with it.

lycheelondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by lycheelondon » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:41 pm

My employer just told me my allocation submitted 3 allocation request on mid-May and received result early June (3 weeks time) only 1 of 3 got approved the other 2 got rejected. They are applying again on 5th June, still not yet to hear back from HO yet.

Does anyone know how many times can you try to request additional allocation within a year?

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by ejz127 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:30 pm

lycheelondon wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:41 pm
My employer just told me my allocation submitted 3 allocation request on mid-May and received result early June (3 weeks time) only 1 of 3 got approved the other 2 got rejected. They are applying again on 5th June, still not yet to hear back from HO yet.

Does anyone know how many times can you try to request additional allocation within a year?
As far as I know, only the employer can apply one UCOS for one employee. Why do they apply for 3 UCOS allocation for one person?
Anyway, if one is approved for you, why is your employer applying again? I'm confused. Are you sure it's UCOS?

limali

Post by limali » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:37 pm

I have two questions. I was redundant last months (tier 2) and waiting for my curtailment letter.
1) can you tell how long it took for you personally to get the curtailment letter after your company let HO know about the redundancy? I can be less stressed if I know it will take more than 2 weeks. I have heard in threads in here it can be varied from 2 weeks to months but personal experience can be much more relieving to hear.
2) If a company does not have any sponsoring license, how long the process take (in the official HO website it says up to 10 weeks but can it take sooner?) can you explain how is the process? They apply for UCAS (because I am already on tier 2 in UK and it will take about 3 weeks for that to be assisigned to the company and then I can have that cos and start working?

Any info about my situation will be helpful and make me less stressed

lycheelondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by lycheelondon » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:43 am

ejz127 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:30 pm
lycheelondon wrote:

As far as I know, only the employer can apply one UCOS for one employee. Why do they apply for 3 UCOS allocation for one person?
Anyway, if one is approved for you, why is your employer applying again? I'm confused. Are you sure it's UCOS?
They have three candidates needs the UCOS. Therefore, they applied three UCOS. As such, the approval of UCOS is not subject to the candidate's profile, it's subject to the company business needs deciding by HO?

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by ejz127 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:17 am

lycheelondon wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:43 am
ejz127 wrote:
lycheelondon wrote:

They have three candidates needs the UCOS. Therefore, they applied three UCOS. As such, the approval of UCOS is not subject to the candidate's profile, it's subject to the company business needs deciding by HO?
Thank you for clarifying. I don't know how they reject and approve but I think you are right. It's more like their business..
Others who requested earlier than mid-May are still waiting for the respond from HO and I wonder how your employer got their response earlier than others..

lycheelondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by lycheelondon » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:47 pm

ejz127 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:17 am
lycheelondon wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:43 am
ejz127 wrote:
lycheelondon wrote:

Thank you for clarifying. I don't know how they reject and approve but I think you are right. It's more like their business..
Others who requested earlier than mid-May are still waiting for the respond from HO and I wonder how your employer got their response earlier than others..
I am not entirely sure the reasons how they got the response.
Does anyone know if or when will the Priority Service open?

vtox_g

Post by vtox_g » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:56 pm

LycheelLondon, I am wondering how someone got UCOS who applied in May. My friend who is waiting since April 3rd still no response. Can you let me know if there is way and we don't know about it.

Thank you

lycheelondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by lycheelondon » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:15 pm

vtox_g wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:56 pm
LycheelLondon, I am wondering how someone got UCOS who applied in May. My friend who is waiting since April 3rd still no response. Can you let me know if there is way and we don't know about it.

Thank you
I really don't have the idea for this as this all the information that's provided me from my employer.
They requested again for the additional allocations on early June, we are still waiting.

checkmeifucancs
Newly Registered

Post by checkmeifucancs » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:00 pm

I have potential employer who is looking further to request for UCOS allocation for me. But this position is time sensitive and I might loose this opportunity if process takes too long for UCOS. Based on last check with HO, UCOS submitted request by first week of May are in progress.

Does anyone know when will be the priority service for UCOS allocation start ? Any potential date/week ? Also few solicitar sites says that UCOS allocation priority service is still open (posted on 22nd May). Does anyone know if it is true ? Can employer request two UCOS requests parallely ?

lycheelondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by lycheelondon » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:26 pm

checkmeifucancs wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:00 pm
I have potential employer who is looking further to request for UCOS allocation for me. But this position is time sensitive and I might loose this opportunity if process takes too long for UCOS. Based on last check with HO, UCOS submitted request by first week of May are in progress.

Does anyone know when will be the priority service for UCOS allocation start ? Any potential date/week ? Also few solicitar sites says that UCOS allocation priority service is still open (posted on 22nd May). Does anyone know if it is true ? Can employer request two UCOS requests parallely ?
I’ve just received the confirmation from HO today in regards to reopen. They confirmed priority service remains closed and have no confirmed date to open.

checkmeifucancs
Newly Registered

Post by checkmeifucancs » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:41 am

Has anyone received any update on UCOS ?

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by ejz127 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:15 am

checkmeifucancs wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:41 am
My company has UCOS allocated yesterday.
They applied on 9the April
We are gonna apply today maybe and hopefully it can be issued in about a week.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:21 am

ejz127 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:15 am
checkmeifucancs wrote:
There is no priority or super priority service, it is suspended. You also won't get a biometrics appointment that soon as they are dealing the the backlog of applicants first.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

checkmeifucancs
Newly Registered

Post by checkmeifucancs » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:46 pm

ejz127 wrote:
checkmeifucancs wrote:
Thanks for sharing ejz127 and Congratulations.

checkmeifucancs
Newly Registered

Post by checkmeifucancs » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:21 am
ejz127 wrote:
checkmeifucancs wrote:
There is no priority or super priority service, it is suspended. You also won't get a biometrics appointment that soon as they are dealing the the backlog of applicants first.
Hi CR001,

Once UCOS is allocated, Issuing the same to a candidate can't be done directly via SMS system ? I mean, without having any dependency on HO.

I agree that processing visa application and getting appointment needs visit hence dependency on UKVAS. My above question is only for issuing a UCOS after allocation.

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:15 pm

checkmeifucancs wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:12 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:21 am
ejz127 wrote:
checkmeifucancs wrote:
Hi CR001,

Once UCOS is allocated, Issuing the same to a candidate can't be done directly via SMS system ? I mean, without having any dependency on HO.

I agree that processing visa application and getting appointment needs visit hence dependency on UKVAS. My above question is only for issuing a UCOS after allocation.

Regards,
If an employer has UCoS to assign and allocate, they can do so whenever they wish to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)