ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marrying in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TryllZ

Non-EEA/Non-EU marrying a woman on visit to Ireland..

Post by TryllZ » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:31 am

Hi,

I'm a Non-EEA/Non-EU national working in Ireland on work permit, am I allowed to marry someone who is visiting Ireland and is also Non-EEA/Non-EU.

Could not find anything in regards to this.

Thanks..

JJGrand
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Non-EEA/Non-EU marrying a woman on visit to Ireland..

Post by JJGrand » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:16 pm

I'm not an expert on this, but to the best of my knowledge, you can't possibly get married to someone who's in the State on a visiting visa. No registry is going to approve such marriage.

TryllZ

Marrying in Ireland

Post by TryllZ » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:12 am

Hi,

I'm a non-Irish/non-Swiss/non-EU/EEA permanent employee here in Ireland.

I have some questions that need clarification with regards marrying in Ireland, followed by making Join-Family visa application.

Questions relating to Marrying in Ireland:

1. As per INIS website both spouses have to have met face-to-face prior to making the marriage visa application.

My question is if I visit the woman in UK multiple times will that suffice or she has to visit me in Ireland as well (she is a student in the UK and this might not be feasible for her).

2. If she has to visit me in Ireland will she have to apply for an ordinary visit visa then visit me, then go back and apply for marriage visa and then come back for the marriage, this is how I understand it.

Question relating to applying for Join-Visa as an international student in the UK:

Once, and if, the marriage has taken place in Ireland, she will return to the UK for her studies and apply for Join-Family visa.

My question is if the spouse is an international student in the UK (also non-Irish/non-Swiss/non-EU/EEA), can she apply for Join-Visa as a student from the UK or will she have to return to her home country to make this application. And if she can apply as a student then how long must her visa be valid in the UK before she can apply the Join-Visa.

Thank You

griffith
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Marrying in Ireland

Post by griffith » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:05 am

Stay strong & never Give up!

TryllZ

Re: Marrying in Ireland

Post by TryllZ » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:46 am

Nice, thanks for that, will get me more info.