ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics Appointment for Global Talent Visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

VikasMandal

Biometrics Appointment for Global Talent Visa

Post by VikasMandal » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:58 pm

I have submitted my application for stage 2 Global Talent visa on 10th June (stage 1 endorsement received on 07th June) but unable to book appointment with UKVCS due to COVID-19. I am currently in UK on TIER 2 ICT expiring on 30th July 2020
1. Can I stay in the UK and work for the same employer beyond 30th Jul if I dont get an appointment before 30th July 2020 for biometric from UKVCAS as I am awaiting decision on my application from Home Office?
2. If I get an appointment for BIOMETRIC before 30th July but don’t get a decision before 30th July 2020 then Can I stay in the UK and work for the same employer beyond 30th July till I get a decision on my Stage 2 application

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometrics Appointment for Global Talent Visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:05 pm

1. Can I stay in the UK and work for the same employer beyond 30th Jul if I dont get an appointment before 30th July 2020 for biometric from UKVCAS as I am awaiting decision on my application from Home Office?
Your existing visa conditions continue while you have an application pending with HO.
2. If I get an appointment for BIOMETRIC before 30th July but don’t get a decision before 30th July 2020 then Can I stay in the UK and work for the same employer beyond 30th July till I get a decision on my Stage 2 application
Yes, however they might want to know why you have not applied for an extension with their sponsorship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:41 pm

Thanks for your response. On Tier 2 ICT I will complete 5 years and it cannot be extended beyond that so I was left with GLOBAL Talent option.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:59 pm

What option do I have if my employer doesn’t allow me to work from UK till I get a decision on my Global Talent stage 2 application visa after my Tier 2 ICT has expired?
Can I resign and stay in the UK till I get a decision on my Global Talent application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:23 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:59 pm
What option do I have if my employer doesn’t allow me to work from UK till I get a decision on my Global Talent stage 2 application visa after my Tier 2 ICT has expired?
Can I resign and stay in the UK till I get a decision on my Global Talent application?
Yes you can leave your employer. You won't be able to do any other work while you wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:11 pm

Thanks CR001 for your prompt response.
In that case if my wife is on my tier 2 ict dependent and working for a different employer then does she also needs to resign?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:23 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:11 pm
Thanks CR001 for your prompt response.
In that case if my wife is on my tier 2 ict dependent and working for a different employer then does she also needs to resign?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:57 pm

I have already submitted my Global talent stage 2 visa application to UKVI and if I don’t get UKVCAS biometric appointment within next 3 months, in that case my endorsement will expire as its valid for 3 months. Will my stage 2 application be still considered as valid?

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:09 am

Hi Team/CR001 - any luck on my above queries?

Hello123fr
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Hello123fr » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:57 am

Hi VikasMandal,

Can you pls share the timelines on when you submitted the Stage 1 application. I applied on May (12th) and getting anxious now :/

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:58 pm

19th Apr

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:59 pm

It differs case by case,
timeline is 8 weeks though

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:50 am

Hi CR001,

Does Global Talent stage 2 decision is sent out over email or do they send the BRP directly once successful?

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:01 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:50 am
Hi CR001,

Does Global Talent stage 2 decision is sent out over email or do they send the BRP directly once successful?
Any update on the above query pls

suriyag
Newly Registered

Post by suriyag » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:57 am

Hi Vikas,

I read through your questions. I've applied for stage2 online and trying to book an appointment but cant find any slots till August end. Received my endorsement on 22Jul2020. I'm yet to upload the document in sopra steria site.

Does the sopra steria does everything online these days? Did you get any email from them?

Thanks,
SuriyaG

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:41 am

Hi,

You will not be able to book an appointment as they haven’t started slots for July applicants.
Currently they are giving appointments to June applicants or VIP appointments only. Link below

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:51 am

Once they start sending email for July applicants then you will get a email either to book a biometric appointment or if they can reuse your previous application biometric (i don’t know what’s the qualifying criteria for this)
You can follow the below page for more details around this
indefinite-leave-to-remain/suspension-o ... -1500.html

suriyag
Newly Registered

Post by suriyag » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:43 am

thank you Vikas for sharing the links! I submitted my application on July 30th. Looks like i need to wait for a month.

Regards,
Suriya G

suriyag
Newly Registered

Post by suriyag » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:51 pm

Hi Vikas,
Did you manage to book an appointment? I see you have made your stage2 application on June 10th.
The UKVCAS website says, they have called out applications submitted on June.
I'm switching from Tier2 ICT to Tier1.

I appreciate your help!

Regards,
Suriya G

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:58 pm

suriyag wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:51 pm
Hi Vikas,
Did you manage to book an appointment? I see you have made your stage2 application on June 10th.
The UKVCAS website says, they have called out applications submitted on June.
I'm switching from Tier2 ICT to Tier1.

I appreciate your help!

Regards,
Suriya G
Yes, I did

suriyag
Newly Registered

Post by suriyag » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:12 pm

when did they send you a notification email to book an appointment. Just trying to understand the timeliness.

Thanks,
Suriya G

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:17 pm

suriyag wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:12 pm
when did they send you a notification email to book an appointment. Just trying to understand the timeliness.

Thanks,
Suriya G
For all June applicants they announced on 20th July and sent notifications to book an appointment before 22nd July and for rest who were qualified for biometric reuse, for them reuse notifications were sent on or after 23rd July

suriyag
Newly Registered

Post by suriyag » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:42 pm

Hi Vikas,
Today, I received an email from, "W&S Contigency Case Work".
Its a long email. did you receive such email.
Few lines from it:
Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.

As global travel and public health restrictions begin to lift following coronavirus, Visa Application Centres (VACs) and UK Visa and Citizenship Application Centres (UKVCAS) are resuming services where local restrictions allow, it is safe, and both customers and staff are protected.

In order to provide services for our most vulnerable customers, Support Service Centres (SSCs) reopened a limited service from 20 April and UKVCAS commenced a wider phased resumption of services from 1 June 2020. However, given the impact across our whole network, this process will take time and not all UKVI services are going to be available immediately, or at full capacity.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:23 pm

suriyag wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:42 pm
Hi Vikas,
Today, I received an email from, "W&S Contigency Case Work".
Its a long email. did you receive such email.
Few lines from it:
Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.

As global travel and public health restrictions begin to lift following coronavirus, Visa Application Centres (VACs) and UK Visa and Citizenship Application Centres (UKVCAS) are resuming services where local restrictions allow, it is safe, and both customers and staff are protected.

In order to provide services for our most vulnerable customers, Support Service Centres (SSCs) reopened a limited service from 20 April and UKVCAS commenced a wider phased resumption of services from 1 June 2020. However, given the impact across our whole network, this process will take time and not all UKVI services are going to be available immediately, or at full capacity.
No, I didn’t

suriyag
Newly Registered

Post by suriyag » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:11 pm

Cool. I will post it as a topic and find out if anybody has got such email.

Thanks!