ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusing information regarding physiotherapists jobs

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

makkan00

Confusing information regarding physiotherapists jobs

Post by makkan00 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:46 pm

Guys,
I am asking this on behalf of a family friend so please go easy on me.

I know someone who works as Band 5 physiotherapist for a private company and already spent 2 years and 2 months on tier 2.

This person has been offered a job of Band 5 physiotherapist in NHS.

With the COVID-19, things are bit uncertain in the private sector and once we are done with furlough funds, private companies may start getting rid of some of the physiotherapists. So, it's safer to go with the NHS employer.

The NHS employer is happy to offer work permit but most of the times, managers are not equipped with complicated immigration stuff.

Few Questions:
1- Physiotherapists are not on shortage occupation so they will have to go through the labour market test. Now, the appropriate salary under eligibility criteria suggests that physiotherapists should be getting paid
£30K / Annum or the ‘appropriate rate’ for the job you’re offered - whichever is higher.

Ref: https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/eligibility

However, looking at Appendix J Table 9

Band 5 in England should earn more than £23,023

Ref: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... illed-work

Going with the first reference, 30K is higher. Does it mean that band 5 physio (earning 23-24K) cannot apply for a tier 2 visa?

To make things more complicated, the chartered society of physiotherapists published this:

Physios will be exempt from points-based immigration salary threshold of £25,600 (this is different to what HO website suggests which is 30K).

They suggested:

And now they have confirmed that: ‘Physiotherapists are one of 20 key health occupations which will be exempt from the general £25,600 salary threshold under our new points-based immigration system. Instead, we will base our salary requirements around the NHS pay scales.’

Ref: https://www.csp.org.uk/news/2020-06-10- ... ld-ps25600

The more I read... more I get confused.
Has anyone got clarity on it?

2- Does switching employer and going with another employer reset the clock for ILR?

makkan00

Re: Confusing information regarding physiotherapists jobs

Post by makkan00 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:03 pm

I guess searching a bit more revealed the CSP website is referring to the new immigration system which is being implemented in Jan 2020.

So, the good news is that physiotherapists can follow their salaries according to their bands as opposed to 30K.

However, in the current climate (from now till Dec 2020) I guess 30K is still applicable.

And still seeking the answer to Q2.

Thanks.

makkan00

Post by makkan00 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:46 pm

Can anyone answer the question 2 please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:31 pm

makkan00 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:46 pm
No it does not reset the clock!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

makkan00

Post by makkan00 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:46 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:31 pm
makkan00 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:46 pm
No it does not reset the clock!
Thanks.