ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

menskos
Newly Registered

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by menskos » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:15 am

tahmineh_s2001 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:56 pm
menskos wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:14 pm
tahmineh_s2001 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:21 am
menskos wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:22 am

Thanks very much for you info. Just one last question. when did you actually submit your online application? i assume it was well before 29th jan?
No problem. I submitted my online application on 21/01/2020 and my biometric was due to expire on 26th of February. I managed to find an appointment slot for fingerprint on 22/01/2020 around 6am and I booked it for 29th of January.
Many thanks. we are still waiting to hear from HO.
Fingers crossed you’ll hear the good news after bank holiday. I know how difficult it is this situation. My sister is still waiting for hers and she applied in mid February.
did you sister get her decision? we are still waiting

Faheem ahmed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Faheem ahmed » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:13 am

menskos wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:14 am
Faheem ahmed wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:21 pm
Can anyone plz help me out in telling home office correct address or contact number or even an email address? Where I can trace out my application status for refugee leave to remain...Plz
The best thing to do is to look for you local MP and raise the matter with them. they can get a response from Home Office quickly. calling home office may never solve your problem as they usually don't provide you with application status.
Thx for u advise dear I already contact with my local MP is will he said he write them home letter 11May But they still didn’t reply My MP is will

Faheem ahmed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Faheem ahmed » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:02 pm

shukar alhamdulillah finally I revd home office email my refugee ilr application has been approved with my baby boy ofter 7 month
Thx for ur guys helping me ..

Jesse8

Post by Jesse8 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:22 pm

Faheem ahmed wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:02 pm
shukar alhamdulillah finally I revd home office email my refugee ilr application has been approved with my baby boy ofter 7 month
woah..thats great news maate....

i appliedon the 10th jan and did my biometrics on the 16th.. still havent heard anything...

do you think i should speak to my local MP??

bhatti007
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti007 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:00 pm

Jesse8 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:22 pm
Faheem ahmed wrote:

i appliedon the 10th jan and did my biometrics on the 16th.. still havent heard anything...

Mate
I think you should wait till 6 months And then contact your MP, I am still awaiting I applied on 4th of March

menskos
Newly Registered

Post by menskos » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:14 am

Jesse8 wrote:
Faheem ahmed wrote:

any news Jesse8? is there nay email address I can try to get an update on the application?

Jesse8

Post by Jesse8 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:27 pm

menskos wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:14 am
Jesse8 wrote:
Faheem ahmed wrote:

any news Jesse8? is there nay email address I can try to get an update on the application?
Nothing as of right now....m gonna wait until the end of this month...need that for graduate job applications

menskos
Newly Registered

Post by menskos » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:56 pm

Jesse8 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:27 pm
menskos wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:14 am
Jesse8 wrote:
Faheem ahmed wrote:

Nothing as of right now....m gonna wait until the end of this month...need that for graduate job applications
oh man. this is so frustrating. have you seen/heard any ILR refugee cases rejected?

refugee345

Post by refugee345 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:31 pm

Dear All,

Hope you are all coping well during these extraordinary times!

It is time that I must start collating all the relevant information for the application and I have started to fill in the online application form (SET-P).

Whilst filling in the form, most of the questions are straight forward. However, I am not so sure about the following questions

• Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
I have got all my brothers and sisters including mother here in the UK. My father is passed away and is buried in the country I sought asylum from.
(If answering yes, then do I need to provide the details of all my aunties, uncles and cousins? I have got too many of them!)?
(If answering no, the form asks to state the reasons why do I have no family in the country I sought asylum from?)

I guess the question, here is what is the definition of “family” for Home Office?

• I have included the details of my son, he is British Citizen under Non Applying children and for the reason to why are they not applying, I have mentioned that he is a British Citizen.
• I have also included the information around refusal of UK visit visa in 2012, does this need to provided or is it too old and should be excluded?

I look forward to your kind responses and some feedback.

Thank you....

refugee345

Post by refugee345 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:25 pm

refugee345 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:31 pm
Dear All,

It is time that I must start collating all the relevant information for the application and I have started to fill in the online application form (SET-P).

Whilst filling in the form, most of the questions are straight forward. However, I am not so sure about the following questions

• Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
I have got all my brothers and sisters including mother here in the UK. My father is passed away and is buried in the country I sought asylum from.
(If answering yes, then do I need to provide the details of all my aunties, uncles and cousins? I have got too many of them!)?
(If answering no, the form asks to state the reasons why do I have no family in the country I sought asylum from?)

I guess the question, here is what is the definition of “family” for Home Office?

• I have included the details of my son, he is British Citizen under Non Applying children and for the reason to why are they not applying, I have mentioned that he is a British Citizen.
• I have also included the information around the refusal of UK visit visa in 2012, does this need to provided or is it too old and should be excluded?

Thank you....
Anyone?????

Jesse8

Post by Jesse8 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:55 pm

refugee345 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:25 pm
refugee345 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:31 pm
Dear All,

• I have also included the information around the refusal of UK visit visa in 2012, does this need to provided or is it too old and should be excluded?

Thank you....
Anyone?????
I mentioned about anyone living in the home country... U probably would have during interview...

Yea do mention about the refusal.

Rajux

Post by Rajux » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:40 pm

Hi
Did any anyone received latest updates for SET P application?? I am also waiting nearly months.
Thanks

Jesse8

Post by Jesse8 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:35 pm

Rajux wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:40 pm
Hi
Did any anyone received latest updates for SET P application?? I am also waiting nearly months.
Thanks
Your timeline?? I applied in Jan...

Rajux

Post by Rajux » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:26 am

Feb 19th I applied same day biometric.

Jesse8

Post by Jesse8 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:29 pm

Rajux wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:26 am
Feb 19th I applied same day biometric.
R u from Sri Lanka by any chance??

Rajux

Post by Rajux » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:43 pm

Yes I am Srilankan

Rajux

Post by Rajux » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:56 pm

Same day biometric.
[/quote]

Jesse8

Post by Jesse8 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:04 pm

Rajux wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:43 pm
Yes I am Srilankan
I m Sri lankan too...there seems to be some kind of update in regards to country guidance....that probably is causing the delay...Moreover one of my friend who applied in Oct is still waiting no emails or anything...and I also heard some people received email asking for statement that their situation hasn't changed or something....

Btw did u apply through a solicitor or yourself....

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:11 am

When the HO knows that if a refugee is granted ILR &after a year will be able to apply &get approved for nationality they hold or delay the application while when HO knows that even if the refugee is granted ILR but after a year wouldn't be able to get approval for nationality as he was an overstayer or illegal worker the HO grants ILR quickly.They always play smart/clever game with applicants.Im sure most of the delayed applicants are either eligible for nationality after ILR without waiting or those who have families &claim benefits.

Jesse8

Post by Jesse8 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:54 am

London22 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:11 am
When the HO knows that if a refugee is granted ILR &after a year will be able to apply &get approved for nationality they hold or delay the application while when HO knows that even if the refugee is granted ILR but after a year wouldn't be able to get approval for nationality as he was an overstayer or illegal worker the HO grants ILR quickly.They always play smart/clever game with applicants.Im sure most of the delayed applicants are either eligible for nationality after ILR without waiting or those who have families &claim benefits.
Could be true and it all depends on the case worker I suppose..

Rajux

Post by Rajux » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:29 pm

Yes Jesse8 I did myself but I knew some srilankan's friend applied last year March/April 19 but they got ILR within 3months without any issue.I don't what are new guidelines in line will see....what next??

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:08 pm

Jesse8 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:54 am
London22 wrote:
Jesse8
It doesn't depend on the caseworker when to decide an application as caseworkers only follow current HO policy for each application &for each application they are provided training what to do &how to do &follow current policy.I don't think caseworkers do anything as they want but what they are told to follow.Its not a fair &just system we all know that as it is a politicised system.

Jesse8

Post by Jesse8 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:45 pm

Rajux wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:29 pm
Yes Jesse8 I did myself but I knew some srilankan's friend applied last year March/April 19 but they got ILR within 3months without any issue.I don't what are new guidelines in line will see....what next??
Yea last year there wasn't any big fuss.....they updated Sri Lanka country guidance this Jan after a visit to the country and also in may with some updates in regards to the government change.....
They probably r looking at the upcoming election in SL...
But yeah...there s not much we could do sadly...

Jesse8

Post by Jesse8 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:48 pm

London22 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:08 pm
Jesse8 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:54 am
London22 wrote:
Jesse8
It doesn't depend on the caseworker when to decide an application as caseworkers only follow current HO policy for each application &for each application they are provided training what to do &how to do &follow current policy.I don't think caseworkers do anything as they want but what they are told to follow.Its not a fair &just system we all know that as it is a politicised system.
I mean like....there was a show on an Asian channel about immigration topic...they mentioned that there is huge pressure to bring the net migration level...that could be influence the way in which the caseworkers handle the cases....but yeah it's all assumptions...we could only hope for the best....

Rajux

Post by Rajux » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:45 pm

Yes Jesse8.
I remember that before 3 people (I knew srilankan) was waiting more than a year to get the ILR as this same issue in place at the time but unlikely we are are the victims this time.
Are you family or single applicant??