ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming Child benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

usman780
Newly Registered
Mood:

Claiming Child benefit

Post by usman780 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:38 pm

Hello everyone,
I’m new member here. I have submitted my visa on my family and child before lockdown started. Finger prints done on 18th March. My wife is on refuge status and we have a baby recently. My wife has applied for child credit (£20.35 a week) is it okay to have it while my application in process ? Would it effect on my case? I was overstayed since 2014. Also today I received an email from home office to provide baby birth certificate which has been provided. Is there any chances I’ll get visa?

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Claiming Child benefit

Post by JB007 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:56 pm

usman780 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:38 pm
Hello everyone,
I’m new member here. I have submitted my visa on my family and child before lockdown started. Finger prints done on 18th March. My wife is on refuge status and we have a baby recently. My wife has applied for child credit (£20.35 a week) is it okay to have it while my application in process ? Would it effect on my case?
Are you sure it isn't £21.05, Child Benefit? The Child Tax Credit benefit has ended and is one of the low income benefits that has been replaced by Universal Credit, which has different rules to the benefits this replaces.

Both Child Benefit and Universal Credit are public funds. If your wife is allowed to take public funds, then she can have these benefits, but she cannot claim as a single person and cannot take extra benefit money for you from UC.

usman780
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by usman780 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:38 am

Sorry. It’s child benefits £21.05 that we are claiming for the baby. My apologies.

usman780
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by usman780 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:40 am

My wife is entitled for public funds, but she isn’t using universal credit. I’ve submitted my case would claiming claiming benefits would effect on my application?