ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP collecting without a person present

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

safdari_peyman
Newly Registered
Iran

BRP collecting without a person present

Post by safdari_peyman » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:02 am

Hi all

My wife and I have been waiting for 12 days to receive the BRP cards (the decision email was received on June 8). I sent email to the DX courier and their said we were no longer working for the Home office.
My wife has been here for 4 months now and she has to return to her home country.
Is it possible for me to get her card? With authorization letter or anything else?
What should be the format?

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: BRP collecting without a person present

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:50 pm

But the problem is that she won't be able to board a plane back without the card.

Also, I would wait to see the card before leaving the UK. What if the card is lost? What if the card comes in but has a massive typo or error?

As a visa national, always ensure you have your documents in hand when you leave the UK. I have already seen people leaving for a holiday and never managing to come back.

safdari_peyman
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by safdari_peyman » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:24 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:50 pm
But the problem is that she won't be able to board a plane back without the card.

Also, I would wait to see the card before leaving the UK. What if the card is lost? What if the card comes in but has a massive typo or error?

As a visa national, always ensure you have your documents in hand when you leave the UK. I have already seen people leaving for a holiday and never managing to come back.
She can not wait more due to the family issue in her home country. She came here for 1 month but now she is here for 4 months.
I will go home country in the coming months and will bring it by myself.
My problem is just collecting the BRP. I don't know is it possible or not.

quoala
Mood:

Post by quoala » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:47 pm

It's no longer DX that delivers HO documents, it's TNT.

The time I received my BRP I was not asked for any ID, I was simply given the envelope as the resident of the address so should be okay for you.

safdari_peyman
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by safdari_peyman » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:06 pm

For everyone's knowledge, due to the Coronavirus situation, the TNT just put BRPs in the mailbox, without any ID check nor signature. They just took a photo of my house door and sent it to the TNT track system.