ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying For ILR after 5 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

dp250281
Newly Registered
Scotland

Applying For ILR after 5 years

Post by dp250281 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:03 am

Hi All,

I am sorry if I am posting my query in the muddle of this thread/conversation!

I am on tier2 visa and going to apply ILR next year-2021/March.
My wife is on pbs dependent visa and we are going to apply for ILR together (though the dates between her entry and my entry is little late 15days)
I have sufficient funds/savings build from last year! individual accounts.
My employer is ready to provide required documents for the ILR.

We have booked our lifeintheuk exams/slot next month July 9 and 10th-2020.

1: I just want to know if I can process my application without showing my lifeintheuktest results (due to this COVID-19 test Centers are not opened yet or keep changing the dates)? I know we still have enough time for this but just in case if there is a process changed slightly due to COVID-19!
And if the dates can be changed due to COVID!

2: I have my IELTS score/passed and showed when I am entering into the UK. Do I need to redo/show my English language test?
Also my wife needs her English language test B1(trinity) test as well right?

3: what are the set of documents I need to prepare? Or Is there a link/gov website that I can refer and prepare?

4: And my salary meets the requirement 40k plus per annum and is this sufficient apart from my savings (some where around 3000£ each)?

Please advise!!

I am very sorry if my questions are repeated and I just came across this website and I want to ask these as I could see there are many experienced people replying to the queries..!

Thanks
DP

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying For ILR after 5 years

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:21 am

The start of the qualifying period for both of you are the date the initial tier 3 visa was issued and NOT the date of entry.

1. If you are only applying next year in march, then this query is not relevant at this stage. By then things will likely be back to normal and you won't benefit from any COVID disruption process.

2. You both need to prove B1 English.

3. Have you read the tier 2 guidance notes??

4. You need to meet the ilr salary requirement of £36,800pa OR what is stated in your soc, whichever is higher. Savings are NOT required or relevant.

Please also do not tag your questions onto other members topics
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dp250281
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by dp250281 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:07 am

Hi,

Thanks for your response. And I am sorry for tagging my question.

Regarding the second point-As stated in the gov.uk website about English language test in my case it is not required? I am confused. I just want to double check..see in the below link it says not required or if it expired we can still use it during the application?

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

And one more question I forgot to check/mention in the previous post- Do we need to include my son‘s name/details in my ILR application? He was born here in the U.K. (last year) or not include now and once we have our ILR we can apply citizenship for him?

Please clarify/advise if any!

Thanks
DP

dp250281
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by dp250281 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:14 pm

Hi All,

Can someone please give suggestions on the above query?

Thanks
DP

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:21 pm

The original IELST will be accepted if it was at B1 level
Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dp250281
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by dp250281 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:35 pm

Thanks Zimba. Yes, I have got B2 level expired and used when I was entering into the U.K.

Could you please advise the below point?

Do we need to include my son‘s name/details in my ILR application? He was born here in the U.K. (last year) or not include now and once we have our ILR we can apply citizenship for him?

Please clarify/advise if any!

Thanks
DP

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:15 am

Do not add the child. Register him later
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dp250281
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by dp250281 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:19 am

Thank you Zimba. Much appreciated.