ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zimba
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:12 am

ilrupdates wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:00 am
Hi there, Can I register myself on UKVCAS system before the submission of my online application to UKVI?

Thanks
No. UKVCAS account can only be created only after you successfully submitted your application with UKVI
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:49 am

Zimba wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:12 am
ilrupdates wrote:
Hi there, Can I register myself on UKVCAS system before the submission of my online application to UKVI?

Thanks
No. UKVCAS account can only be created only after you successfully submitted your application with UKVI
Thanks Zimba, One more confusion if you can help me out please. Is there any specific time limit to upload supporting documents to UKVCAS system after the successful submission of online application to UKVI? I mean to ask can they be uploaded any time before I attend the UKVCAS appointment irrespective to the fact even if it takes longer (say few months) to book appointment due to current Covid-19?
Thanks
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:56 am

ilrupdates wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:49 am
Zimba wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:12 am
ilrupdates wrote:

Thanks
Thanks Zimba, One more confusion if you can help me out please. Is there any specific time limit to upload supporting documents to UKVCAS system after the successful submission of online application to UKVI? I mean to ask can they be uploaded any time before I attend the UKVCAS appointment irrespective to the fact even if it takes longer (say few months) to book appointment due to current Covid-19?
Thanks
You can upload anytime before your UKVCAS biometric appointment. Note the date of application is the date you pay and submit your online application. Biometrics date is irrelevant. Once you pay and submit via UKVI, only then you will be able to create an account on UKVCAS. At this point in time you will have to wait to book an UKVCAS appointment though and see how the phased release of appointments go ahead.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

moal11

Post by moal11 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:03 am

Can I travel outside the UK after submitting my ILR application using standard service and while waiting for the biometrics to be enrolled? As by this scenario, it could take a while to have an appointment for the biometrics.

Thanks...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:28 am

moal11 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:03 am
Can I travel outside the UK after submitting my ILR application using standard service and while waiting for the biometrics to be enrolled? As by this scenario, it could take a while to have an appointment for the biometrics.

Thanks...
No
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

happy_curious
Newly Registered

Post by happy_curious » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:41 am

Hello,

Question regarding UKVCAS's latest announcement on 19th June. Opening based on "registration date". Is this the date the applicant submitted the application via UKVI's website and was issued a UAN or the date the applicant registered an account with UKVCAS ?

In my case, I registered an account with UKVCAS around 6 months ago for another application which was granted successfully. But a few weeks ago I applied for ILR. So when I log-in to the UKVCAS website, I need to enter my ILR's UAN. So I am confused whether UKVCAS prioritizes my "registration date" (6 months ago ?!) or the date UAN was issued for my latest application (a few weeks ago). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:34 pm

happy_curious wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:41 am
Hello,

Question regarding UKVCAS's latest announcement on 19th June. Opening based on "registration date". Is this the date the applicant submitted the application via UKVI's website and was issued a UAN or the date the applicant registered an account with UKVCAS ?

In my case, I registered an account with UKVCAS around 6 months ago for another application which was granted successfully. But a few weeks ago I applied for ILR. So when I log-in to the UKVCAS website, I need to enter my ILR's UAN. So I am confused whether UKVCAS prioritizes my "registration date" (6 months ago ?!) or the date UAN was issued for my latest application (a few weeks ago). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

To be fair to everyone, most likely: “or the date UAN was issued for my latest application”

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:34 pm

happy_curious wrote:
Hello,

If you did not get an email from them, then you are not one of the people who is given priority. Because you had an account previously with UKVCAS, you will not get in front of the line
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:23 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:56 pm
When was your original appointment date?
First week of April.

adatitan
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by adatitan » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:39 pm

gc362952246 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:32 pm
I registered on 13th of April. :cry: :cry: :cry:
when did everyone else registered?
We submitted and registered on 26th March so I am hoping they will send us an email to book an appointment finally after 3 months.
Well, if you think we are lucky, you are wrong. When we registered on 26th March, there were few biometrics appointments available on UKVCAS but I told my husband that according to immigrationboards, they are canceling all the appointments so there is no point to book one. We could have priority appointments in the beginning of June and probably approval by now!
By the way, everybody will get appointments and approvals soon. Hope things get back to normal soon.

happy_curious
Newly Registered

Post by happy_curious » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:25 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:34 pm
happy_curious wrote:
Hello,

If you did not get an email from them, then you are not one of the people who is given priority. Because you had an account previously with UKVCAS, you will not get in front of the line
Thank you. I just hope they take the "date of UAN" as the priority date and put people in the queue based on that. Otherwise, it will become unclear and confusing for people like me who registered with UKVCAS a long time a go for previous applications.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:20 pm

adatitan wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:39 pm
gc362952246 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:32 pm
I registered on 13th of April. :cry: :cry: :cry:
when did everyone else registered?
We submitted and registered on 26th March so I am hoping they will send us an email to book an appointment finally after 3 months.
Well, if you think we are lucky, you are wrong. When we registered on 26th March, there were few biometrics appointments available on UKVCAS but I told my husband that according to immigrationboards, they are canceling all the appointments so there is no point to book one. We could have priority appointments in the beginning of June and probably approval by now!
By the way, everybody will get appointments and approvals soon. Hope things get back to normal soon.

Ye, no one predicted this. Are you guys planning to book a priority service or take the standard route? You are lucky that your current visa is allowing you for such a long wait!
Please keep us updated if there is any news!

Leeee704

Post by Leeee704 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:18 pm

hi Everyone, I hope everyone is safe and healthy.
I have gone through some of the questions and answers being asked on this post about priority service.
My long residency ILR is due since Feb 2020 was just being lazy honestly to fill out the application.

My question is
I have completed my application Now but on the last page of payment, it was only standard service available. To get priority service do I need to wait on this page and keep checking for priority service?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:56 pm

Priority visa processing service is a VISA SERVICE offered by UKVI. You choose this during application submission.

This is NOT related to the appointment booking services offered by UKVCAS or their operations.

Priority visa processing services are NOT offered by UKVI for now, possibly due to a large existing backlog of applications. You should continue with your application using the Standard service for now

When you apply using the standard service, NO upgrade option is available to change your application to priority later :!:

If you already applied and you're looking to book your appointment with UKVCAS, here is the latest update from UKVCAS:
In order to be fair to everyone, we are now opening up the booking system in date order starting with people who registered with UKVCAS before the 27th March but did not have an appointment. We are working from the earliest to the most recent registrations as we think this is the fairest and best approach to take. If you are one of these customers, you will have an email from us on the 21st or 22nd of June asking you to book an appointment. The email will have full instructions about next actions.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

jvjroop
Mood:

Post by jvjroop » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:13 pm

Hi
did anyone get email from UKVCAS to book appointement as they said they will send emails on 21st or 22nd ?
Thanks

jivda
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by jivda » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:50 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure where to post this but it's somewhat relevant to COVID-19 and biometrics.

I'm waiting for UKVCAS to open appointments (applied just after they closed their centres), but I was wondering when I get ILR what date is it valid from? I'm wanting to get citizenship and a British passport and want to know if I have to wait a year from when I receive my BRP card or if it happens to start on the application date (ie I could apply for citizenship in April 2021).

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:48 pm

jivda wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:50 pm
Hi,

I'm not sure where to post this but it's somewhat relevant to COVID-19 and biometrics.

I'm waiting for UKVCAS to open appointments (applied just after they closed their centres), but I was wondering when I get ILR what date is it valid from? I'm wanting to get citizenship and a British passport and want to know if I have to wait a year from when I receive my BRP card or if it happens to start on the application date (ie I could apply for citizenship in April 2021).

Thanks
Date if ilr is from the date of approval or ilr issue date. It is NOT from the application date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:48 pm

jivda wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:50 pm
Hi,

Thanks
You need full 12 months after ILR approval date/ILR BRP date if you have to apply in your own right and NOT married to a BC.

Freetownean2
Newly Registered
Sierra Leone

Post by Freetownean2 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:41 pm

Hi, can you explain this to us properly please ''if you have to apply in your own right and NOT married to a BC.''

Does this means after ILR one has to wait for another 12 months before applying for naturalisation? Does this refers to all ILR categories?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Freetownean2 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:41 pm
Hi, can you explain this to us properly please ''if you have to apply in your own right and NOT married to a BC.''

Does this means after ILR one has to wait for another 12 months before applying for naturalisation? Does this refers to all ILR categories?
If you are not married to a British citizen, you have to wait the full 12 months on ikr before you can apply for citizenship. This applies to all ILR routes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Freetownean2
Newly Registered
Sierra Leone

Post by Freetownean2 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:07 pm

Thanks so much. Understood

adatitan
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by adatitan » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:55 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:13 pm
Hi
did anyone get email from UKVCAS to book appointement as they said they will send emails on 21st or 22nd ?
Thanks
Yes we received email today and we booked for 3rd July for free (we had registered and submitted our application on 26th March). There were lots of £220 appointments available from next week. Earliest free appointment was 2nd July, each day had one-two free appointment and so many £220 appointments.

Paul99

Post by Paul99 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:09 pm

adatitan wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:55 pm
raj_262920 wrote:
Hi
Thanks
Yes we received email today and we booked for 3rd July for free (we had registered and submitted our application on 26th March). There were lots of £220 appointments available from next week. Earliest free appointment was 2nd July, each day had one-two free appointment and so many £220 appointments.
hey ,What is £220 Appointment's means ? Each applicant has to pay £220 ?Which service this is pls ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:19 pm

Paul99 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:09 pm
adatitan wrote:
raj_262920 wrote:
Hi
Thanks
hey ,What is £220 Appointment's means ? Each applicant has to pay £220 ?Which service this is pls ?
UKVCAS offer both paid and free appointments. From 22nd June they will revert back to the normal paid appointments also. Most likely, paid appointments will be earlier dates. Note do not confuse UKVI super priority with UKVCAS paid appointments. UKVCAS paid appointments are just to submit biometrics for example more expensive appointments slots on weekends or next day slots etc.

Paul99

Post by Paul99 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:25 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:19 pm
Paul99 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:09 pm
adatitan wrote:
raj_262920 wrote:
Hi
Thanks
UKVCAS offer both paid and free appointments. From 22nd June they will revert back to the normal paid appointments also. Most likely, paid appointments will be earlier dates. Note do not confuse UKVI super priority with UKVCAS paid appointments. UKVCAS paid appointments are just to submit biometrics for example more expensive appointments slots on weekends or next day slots etc.
OKAY ..I see ,So if some is booking Super priority service they have to book £800 +£220 to get earlier slots ..However priority is not open yet but In normal days ..

Good to know this .