ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI centers

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

logeevaghela

OCI centers

Post by logeevaghela » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:17 am

Hello All,

Are OCI centers opened now ? I have to go for the stage where my daughters’ application was submitted last year in Oct. Now that I have to go back to submit documents and we were informed last time it is walk in.

So just want to confirm if anyone is in similar situation or had same status.

Thanks & Regards,
Logee

logeevaghela

Re: OCI centers

Post by logeevaghela » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:10 am

Anyone has any update here pls?

katanayi
Mood:

Post by katanayi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:11 pm

Book an appointment, bookings are open.

I have on this Wednesday for my family

vin1983

Post by vin1983 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:18 pm

Can anyone help when to book the appointment? VFS site says slots are opened on friday evening but tried few times and it says all slots are booked.

prasanna.cvs
Newly Registered

Post by prasanna.cvs » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:15 am

Hi, Please try every friday evening 4PM, they will open the slots and within hour all slots are filled....Try from now till evening 4PM

logeevaghela

Post by logeevaghela » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:30 am

Hey Prasanna,

Thanks for quick reply.

I have now received OCI card. We emailed the administrator and they booked slot for us. We went to Hounslow for passport submission and received OCI card within 5 days.

Regards,
Logee

Sdhawan
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sdhawan » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:51 pm

logeevaghela wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:30 am
Hey Prasanna,

Thanks for quick reply.

I have now received OCI card. We emailed the administrator and they booked slot for us. We went to Hounslow for passport submission and received OCI card within 5 days.

Regards,
Logee

Hi - were you able to surrender and apply for an OCI at the same time? Usually they took a week to give the surrender certificate. Please confirm as I am sailing the same boat. Sitting with Indian passport and UK passport, and in desperate need of an OCI so that I can fly, once the flights are opened again. Thanks.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:42 pm

Sdhawan wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:51 pm
logeevaghela wrote:
Hey Prasanna,

Thanks for quick reply.

Regards,
Logee

Hi - were you able to surrender and apply for an OCI at the same time? Usually they took a week to give the surrender certificate. Please confirm as I am sailing the same boat. Sitting with Indian passport and UK passport, and in desperate need of an OCI so that I can fly, once the flights are opened again. Thanks.
You can't apply at the same time as you need the Surrender of Passport Certificate to apply for an OCI. For urgent travel, you can always apply for an e-Visa and travel on your UK passport if it meets your requirements.
Regards,
crowbar6

Sdhawan
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sdhawan » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:00 am

crowbar6 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:42 pm
Sdhawan wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:51 pm
logeevaghela wrote:
Hey Prasanna,

Thanks for quick reply.

You can't apply at the same time as you need the Surrender of Passport Certificate to apply for an OCI. For urgent travel, you can always apply for an e-Visa and travel on your UK passport if it meets your requirements.
Yeah that's what I thought too, but saw Logee's comment, hence got confused when he said he submitted the passport and got the OCI.

The issue is that VFS is not taking any appointments for surrender of Indian passport currently and are not even giving any e-visas. I did email the high commission atleast 4-5 times but did not get a single reply. Hence, just waiting since months now.

logeevaghela

Post by logeevaghela » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:41 pm

Hello All,

My little one didn't have any other nationality before. By submitting passport I meant her British passport for verification.