ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - Ltd Company Director advice required

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bungee45
Newly Registered

FLR(M) - Ltd Company Director advice required

Post by bungee45 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:28 pm

Hi all,

We have our biometric appointment this week for my wife's FLR(M) application.

I have been employed by a company since March 2020, but previously worked as director of my own LTD company from 2015 to March 2020. My CT600 therefore only applies to the period from Jan - Mar 2020, not a full year.

As this is the case, I planned to provide an additional CT600 for 2019. However, all CT600s provided must be accompanied by personal bank statements showing the money coming in/out. Unfortunately I closed my old account last summer so only have access to statements from June 2019 onwards. I've called my old bank and they say it'll take 14 days (!!!) to send me the statements for the period from Jan to July 2019, with a cost!

So, how do I proceed?

1.) Submit as-is (full documentation from Jan 2019 on-wards for everything except personal bank statements for the period of Jan 2019 - June 2019)
3.) Remove the 2019 CT600 and only use the 3 month CT600 plus my current employment up to June.
3.) Cancel my appointment until I have access to the old statements.

I am way over the salary threshold and the checklist is completed with all other evidence required but I know what my government is like, so thought best to check here before making a potentially expensive mistake in the interest of time!

B45

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR(M) - Ltd Company Director advice required

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:55 pm

You need to read the official guidance Appendix FM Section 1.7 Appendix. Also be known that if your partner is employed and earning sufficiently then can use his/her income alone or combine with yours .
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Re: FLR(M) - Ltd Company Director advice required

Post by geoeng » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:05 pm

bungee45 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:28 pm
I have been employed by a company since March 2020, but previously worked as director of my own LTD company from 2015 to March 2020. My CT600 therefore only applies to the period from Jan - Mar 2020, not a full year.

So, how do I proceed?

1.) Submit as-is (full documentation from Jan 2019 on-wards for everything except personal bank statements for the period of Jan 2019 - June 2019)
3.) Remove the 2019 CT600 and only use the 3 month CT600 plus my current employment up to June.
3.) Cancel my appointment until I have access to the old statements.
This depends a bit on your employment situation at the date you submitted the application. To use Category F or G (Director or employee of a specified limited company in the UK), all sources of income must fall within the financial year(s) relied on and must still be a source of income at the time of application. In this case the relevant financial year(s) would be the last full financial year or average of the last two full financial years. If you were working as a director of a limited company you owned at the date of application, you would need to provide the specified documents (including bank statements) for the last full financial year as well as evidence of ongoing income from that source at the date of application. You could only add employment income from other sources that falls within that financial year. If you had started your new employment prior to the application date and no longer had income from the limited company, you may have a bigger issue.

See Section 9 of the guidance document linked below for details. If your wife has employment income that meets the financial requirement on her own, it would likely be easier to use that without discussing yours.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.