ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zimba
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:33 pm

Priority visa processing service is a VISA SERVICE offered by UKVI. You choose this during application submission and right before the payment stage.

This is NOT related to the appointment booking services offered by UKVCAS or their operations.

Priority visa processing services are NOT offered by UKVI for now, possibly due to a large existing backlog of applications. You should continue with your application using the Standard service for now

When you apply using the standard service, NO upgrade option is available to change your application to priority later :!:

If you already applied and you're looking to book your appointment with UKVCAS, here is the latest update from UKVCAS:
In order to be fair to everyone, we are now opening up the booking system in date order starting with people who registered with UKVCAS before the 27th March but did not have an appointment. We are working from the earliest to the most recent registrations as we think this is the fairest and best approach to take. If you are one of these customers, you will have an email from us on the 21st or 22nd of June asking you to book an appointment. The email will have full instructions about next actions.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:44 pm

Please note that there never been such a thing as a super priority appointment.

The super priority service is provided by UK Visa and Immigration (Home office) and has NOTHING to do with UKVCAS (which is a third party). UKVCAS operations has no relation to the return of super priority. It is up to UK Visa and Immigration (Home office) to bring the super priority processing back (they are the ones that process your visa application)

UKVCAS is ONLY in charge of collecting your documents and Biometrics and pass them on to UKVI for processing.

By submitting a super priority application, UKVI will aim to assign a caseworker to your application within 24 hours of your appointment, regardless of when or how and where you enrolled your Biometrics.

When you show up for your appointment, it does NOT matter whether you have applied for a standard or super priority visa application. ALL applicants must book an appointment with UKVCAS regardless of their application type.

The level of service you have requested from UKVI has no bearing on UKVCAS operations. I have been repeating this for months here and I hope this clears it up a little more.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vmp
Newly Registered

Post by vmp » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:54 pm

Hi, I have a question on this priority appointment with UKVI. I have completed my ILR application SET (M) now but on the last page of payment, it was only standard service available. To get priority service do I need to wait on this page and keep checking for priority service? Once UKVI start priority/super-priority service will that option appear on this page for me to book it? Would be grateful if you share your thoughts/ideas. Thanks much in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:57 pm

vmp wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:54 pm
Hi, I have a question on this priority appointment with UKVI. I have completed my ILR application SET (M) now but on the last page of payment, it was only standard service available. To get priority service do I need to wait on this page and keep checking for priority service? Once UKVI start priority/super-priority service will that option appear on this page for me to book it? Would be grateful if you share your thoughts/ideas. Thanks much in advance.
Priority service is currently suspended and will likely be suspended until the bulk of the last 3 months backlog is cleared. Note also that it is not a 'priority appointment with UKVI'. It is a priority service offered by UKVI for a quicker decision. Your UKCVAS (third party agent) biometric appointment is the same for everyone, there is no different standard or priority option for the appointment.

If super priority was available, it would be offered on the same page where it says Standard Service before you pay. Once you have submitted and paid for your application, there is no option to change from standard service to priority service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vmp
Newly Registered

Post by vmp » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:02 pm

Thanks much for you reply. I have visa valid for a few months too, so thought to wait for priority service. I have not paid for the application (hence not applied), so was just wondering if I will be able to choose the priority service once it is available if I stay in the payment page of my application.
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:57 pm
vmp wrote:
Priority service is currently suspended and will likely be suspended until the bulk of the last 3 months backlog is cleared. Note also that it is not a 'priority appointment with UKVI'. It is a priority service offered by UKVI for a quicker decision. Your UKCVAS (third party agent) biometric appointment is the same for everyone, there is no different standard or priority option for the appointment.

If super priority was available, it would be offered on the same page where it says Standard Service before you pay. Once you have submitted and paid for your application, there is no option to change from standard service to priority service.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:20 pm

vmp wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:02 pm
Thanks much for you reply. I have visa valid for a few months too, so thought to wait for priority service. I have not paid for the application (hence not applied), so was just wondering if I will be able to choose the priority service once it is available if I stay in the payment page of my application.
CR001 wrote:
vmp wrote:

You might have to restart the application to get the option, but I am not 100% sure. Applications only remain 'live' for a period and then they are deleted (10 weeks I think).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vmp
Newly Registered

Post by vmp » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:20 pm
vmp wrote:
CR001 wrote:
vmp wrote:

You might have to restart the application to get the option, but I am not 100% sure. Applications only remain 'live' for a period and then they are deleted (10 weeks I think).
Thanks CR001. But even if we restart the application, we will need to reach this payment page to find out if the super-priority service is available, right? Are there any place where UKVI provide us the update regarding super-priority service status - similar to the ongoing update UKVCAS provide (sorry if it was previous discussed)? If so, we could wait in the previous page (declaration page) of the application I guess.
Re. 'live' status of the application, do you know if that 10 weeks count from the time an application started or is it from the time when the application was last 'edited'?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:38 pm

vmp wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:36 pm
CR001 wrote:
vmp wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks CR001. But even if we restart the application, we will need to reach this payment page to find out if the super-priority service is available, right? Are there any place where UKVI provide us the update regarding super-priority service status - similar to the ongoing update UKVCAS provide (sorry if it was previous discussed)? If so, we could wait in the previous page (declaration page) of the application I guess.
Re. 'live' status of the application, do you know if that 10 weeks count from the time an application started or is it from the time when the application was last 'edited'?
1. Yes, the same page.

2. https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa-settlement

3. Counts from the date the application started.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:58 pm

vmp wrote:
CR001 wrote:
vmp wrote:
CR001 wrote:

You can always come back from the page where it gives you service options. Once you proceed that page to the worldpay page where you input your payment details, you can not come back from there (the system cautions you NOT to proceed if your application is not complete yet at this stage). The application will not get deleted if you log back in within 6 weeks once.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

vmp
Newly Registered

Post by vmp » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:00 pm

Thanks for sharing the details. I would be a pain to fill-in the application multiple times to see if super-priority comes available as an option in my application. Hopefully it will show as a new option for me too once UKVI start this service. :)
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:38 pm
vmp wrote:
CR001 wrote:
vmp wrote:

1. Yes, the same page.

2. https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa-settlement

3. Counts from the date the application started.

vmp
Newly Registered

Post by vmp » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:08 pm

Thanks CULLINAN. I'm waiting with a wishful thinking that, super-priority will appear in the service options page once available. Guess until I enter payment details, the application is not final and should have all options available as on the date of the payment.
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:58 pm
vmp wrote:
CR001 wrote:
vmp wrote:

You can always come back from the page where it gives you service options. Once you proceed that page to the worldpay page where you input your payment details, you can not come back from there (the system cautions you NOT to proceed if your application is not complete yet at this stage). The application will not get deleted if you log back in within 6 weeks once.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:12 pm

vmp wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Thanks CULLINAN. I'm waiting with a wishful thinking that, super-priority will appear in the service options page once available. Guess until I enter payment details, the application is not final and should have all options available as on the date of the payment.
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:58 pm
vmp wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Most likely yes.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

priasda85
Newly Registered
India

Post by priasda85 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:09 pm

I have been waiting to see if priority service is opened again but now my wife's visa is expiring this week.
So looks like I don't have any other choice but to submit and select only available standard service.
Now this looks a scary prospect, don't know how long home office will take to make a decision and we will be stuck in UK for a long time! :cry:
Do they usually take 6 months even for straightforward applications(understand there will be added backlog now)?

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:56 pm

For those who have received email on 21st/22nd june, can you please post the content of the email or the key dates mentioned in the email.
From what and till which dates UKVCAS has given options to book an appointment for the people who have access to booking system now (for those before 27th March)?
Can you select any appointment location irrespective of the your address postcode?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:28 pm

Priority visa processing service is a VISA SERVICE offered by UKVI. You choose this during application submission and right before the payment stage.

This is NOT related to the appointment booking services offered by UKVCAS or their operations.

Priority visa processing services are NOT offered by UKVI for now, possibly due to a large existing backlog of applications. You should continue with your application using the Standard service for now

Priority service many NOT resume anytime soon, so do NOT wait and apply if your visa is expiring :!: :!:

When you apply using the standard service, NO upgrade option is available to change your application to priority later :!:

If you already applied and you're looking to book your appointment with UKVCAS, here is the latest update from UKVCAS:
In order to be fair to everyone, we are now opening up the booking system in date order starting with people who registered with UKVCAS before the 27th March but did not have an appointment. We are working from the earliest to the most recent registrations as we think this is the fairest and best approach to take. If you are one of these customers, you will have an email from us on the 21st or 22nd of June asking you to book an appointment. The email will have full instructions about next actions.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:29 pm

priasda85 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:09 pm
I have been waiting to see if priority service is opened again but now my wife's visa is expiring this week.
So looks like I don't have any other choice but to submit and select only available standard service.
Now this looks a scary prospect, don't know how long home office will take to make a decision and we will be stuck in UK for a long time! :cry:
Do they usually take 6 months even for straightforward applications(understand there will be added backlog now)?
No. It takes often 8 weeks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:29 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:56 pm
For those who have received email on 21st/22nd june, can you please post the content of the email or the key dates mentioned in the email.
From what and till which dates UKVCAS has given options to book an appointment for the people who have access to booking system now (for those before 27th March)?
Can you select any appointment location irrespective of the your address postcode?
Yes any service centre can be chosen

Daided
Mexico

Post by Daided » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:40 am

For those that can now book an appointment with UKVCAS, when did you submit your online application to UKVI?
I submitted mine on 5th June but who knows when I'll be able to book a slot at UKVCAS. Probably in a month :/ who knows

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:04 am

Daided wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:40 am
For those that can now book an appointment with UKVCAS, when did you submit your online application to UKVI?
I submitted mine on 5th June but who knows when I'll be able to book a slot at UKVCAS. Probably in a month :/ who knows
Appointments are being offered in the order that people applied, so march first, then April, then may, etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Paul99

Post by Paul99 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:12 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:04 am
Daided wrote:
Appointments are being offered in the order that people applied, so march first, then April, then may, etc.
Hi Cr001,Waht will happen from June who has applied -As this counted as backlog -Also upcomming months .

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:21 am

Daided wrote:
I’m trying to figure out timelines too. I saw someone on twitter say they’d submitted their application on the 20th of Apr and they’ve been invited to take biometrics.
One would think UKVCAS would actually be able to announce they’re now inviting April applicants but I guess we don’t deserve to know!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:50 am

Paul99 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:12 am
CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:04 am
Daided wrote:
Hi Cr001,Waht will happen from June who has applied -As this counted as backlog -Also upcomming months .
You simply need to wait till appointments become available and you are able to book once the backlog of applicants has been accommodated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:26 am

Has anyone received any latest email from UKVCAS for new appointment booking, if yes then please share the what was the registration date

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:12 am

Hi,

In case this link has not been shared earlier. Please refer for the appointment queries.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf

spikky

Post by spikky » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:19 am

Just a happy update!

One week after submitting my biometrics on June 18th, my ILR was granted June 25th yesterday, confirmed via email. Standard application. That was quick!

Cheers,

Spilky