ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reg: Referee documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

crazy_ram

Naturalisation application filling queries

Post by crazy_ram » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:14 am

Dear members,
I am glad to be a member of this great forum. I am about to apply for my naturalisation, i have following queries about filling the online application form.

1. Should I tick for "A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance".
I never been disqualified or never had problems with Vehicle tax or Insurance. But I have a speeding ticket in mid 2014 for which I have got 3 points on my licence & £100 fine. I got a parking ticket in early 2016, paid £30 with in the time given.
Never had anything since then. Please advise if I need to TICK the box or leave it as qestion mentiond disqualification & no motor insurance.

2. Question about previous applications - "Name in which you made the application"
Is this about the name of the application made or Applicant's name while making the application.

3. Trips out side UK
I went to my home country (Ind) for 8 weeks in 2018. In the same trip I went for family holiday for a week to Srilanka from India and back to India before returning to UK.
In this scenario should I mention both countries or just my home country. Online application only given option to input leaveing date from UK & Returned date to the UK.

4. When did you first arrived in the UK?
I entred UK in 2008 and left in 2010 on completion of my Masters degree. Came back 7 months later on Post Study visa. Should I input 2008 or Should I input 2010 as I spent more than 6 months outside UK in 2010

5. In employment history it asks for 10 years or since arrived in UK. If I enter my first arrival 2008 should I give employment history for before 10 years?

Thanks for taking time and reading my queries. Your time and efforts are much appreciated to give me some clarity on filling my application form.

Kind Regards,
Ram

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation application filling queries

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:57 pm

crazy_ram wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:14 am
Dear members,
I am glad to be a member of this great forum. I am about to apply for my naturalisation, i have following queries about filling the online application form.

1. Should I tick for "A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance".
I never been disqualified or never had problems with Vehicle tax or Insurance. But I have a speeding ticket in mid 2014 for which I have got 3 points on my licence & £100 fine. I got a parking ticket in early 2016, paid £30 with in the time given.
Never had anything since then. Please advise if I need to TICK the box or leave it as qestion mentiond disqualification & no motor insurance.
Tick the box and provide details - these will not impact your application but as they ask about it you should answer correctly.

2. Question about previous applications - "Name in which you made the application"
Is this about the name of the application made or Applicant's name while making the application.
This is your name under which you made the applications.
3. Trips out side UK
I went to my home country (Ind) for 8 weeks in 2018. In the same trip I went for family holiday for a week to Srilanka from India and back to India before returning to UK.
In this scenario should I mention both countries or just my home country. Online application only given option to input leaveing date from UK & Returned date to the UK.
Just your dates out and return.

4. When did you first arrived in the UK?
I entred UK in 2008 and left in 2010 on completion of my Masters degree. Came back 7 months later on Post Study visa. Should I input 2008 or Should I input 2010 as I spent more than 6 months outside UK in 2010
Use 2008.
5. In employment history it asks for 10 years or since arrived in UK. If I enter my first arrival 2008 should I give employment history for before 10 years?
Just employment from 2010 to 2020 - it's 10 years, or if less than 10 years, from the date you arrived.
Thanks for taking time and reading my queries. Your time and efforts are much appreciated to give me some clarity on filling my application form.

Kind Regards,
Ram
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation application filling queries

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:23 pm

2) There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding this question. However, I believe the best solution is in the following format:

Your Name XX [the category XX]

The online form has ample space to list both the name and the category. Thats what I personally did.

3) Mention the final destination and list the transit country in the reason section.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

crazy_ram

Parking ticket - a driving offence?

Post by crazy_ram » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:45 am

Dear members,
I am applying for naturalisation soon. I am little bit confused that whether I should mention a parking ticket which I got in March 2016. Thats the only parking ticket I have ever had. I am not sure if parking ticket comes under driving conviction, could some senior member advise me whether I should write it in my application or not.

Thanks in Advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Parking ticket - a driving offence?

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:47 am

crazy_ram wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:45 am
Dear members,
I am applying for naturalisation soon. I am little bit confused that whether I should mention a parking ticket which I got in March 2016. Thats the only parking ticket I have ever had. I am not sure if parking ticket comes under driving conviction, could some senior member advise me whether I should write it in my application or not.

Thanks in Advance.
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

crazy_ram

Reg: Referee documents

Post by crazy_ram » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:18 am

Dear members,
I took the required information from the referees and filled-up the in the application form. In the document check list it asks to upload the referee declarations. I found deceleration forms in the blow link

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

Can senior members advice me below points.

1. Are these documents still valid with online application?

2. Documents in the link says 'applicant name & should be written back the the photograph and glue it'.
a. If I glue it how can they see back of the photograph?
b. Do I need to upload the scan copy or send them by post?
3. Some one said I should take the copy of referee passport. Is that correct?

Kind Regards,
Ram

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Reg: Referee documents

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:46 am

Any particular reasons you cannot keep all your questions on the same topic in one thread??

Topics merged!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:48 am

Yes.
2. Documents in the link says 'applicant name & should be written back the the photograph and glue it'.
a. In case HO asks for the original it is so that they can match the photo with the form if the photo becomes detached.
b. Scan and upload with all your other documents. NOTHING is posted to HO anymore.
Stop listening to 'someone'. This is NOT required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

crazy_ram

Post by crazy_ram » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:46 am
Any particular reasons you cannot keep all your questions on the same topic in one thread??

Topics merged!
Sorry for the inconvenience, I did not realise all questions should be in the same thread. I will make sure any further question I will put in the same thread.

Thanks

crazy_ram

Post by crazy_ram » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:48 am
Yes.
a. In case HO asks for the original it is so that they can match the photo with the form if the photo becomes detached.
b. Scan and upload with all your other documents. NOTHING is posted to HO anymore.
Stop listening to 'someone'. This is NOT required.
Thanks a lot CR001,
Your prompt reply is much appreciated. God bless you.

crazy_ram

Residence requirement

Post by crazy_ram » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:19 am

Dear members,
I have got my ILR more than 12 months ago on completion of 5 years on my Tier-1. I am about to submit my naturalisation application. Just want to clarify quick doubt.

"Am I required to be present in the UK exactly 12 months before the date of application?"

Kind Regards,
Ram

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Residence requirement

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:44 am

crazy_ram wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:19 am
"Am I required to be present in the UK exactly 12 months before the date of application?"
NO!! The requirement is that you MUST have been physically present in the UK exactly 5 years ago on the date of appliation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)