ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Employment letter Fixed Term Contract and Foreseeable Future

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Harish chandra

ILR Employment letter Fixed Term Contract and Foreseeable Future

Post by Harish chandra » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:48 pm

Hi

I finished my 5 years on Tier 2 general. I am on a Fixed Ter COntract until November 2021.
My employer mentioned i am on fixed-term basis and also mentioned I am needed for foreseeable future.

Will this cause an issue?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: ILR Employment letter Fixed Term Contract and Foreseeable Future

Post by poper » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:05 pm

Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Harish chandra

Post by Harish chandra » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:04 pm

Hi experts

Could anyone please advise me whether the below employment letter is acceptable? My HR mentioned the end date of the contract in the ILR letter, however, they are certifying that I am needed for the foreseeable future. Can you please let me know how LAW can be interpreted in my case?. Need your expert advice.

The letter template is as follows
"This is to confirm that Dr. Name is employed as a Research Fellow with xxxx University since xxth month 2018. The SOC Code for all his roles is 2119. His current salary is £xxxxx per annum. This is his regular salary and will not be reduced if granted Indefinite Leave to Remain. The salary is above the appropriate rate. Dr. Name appointment is on a full-time (35 hours) fixed-term basis until 30 November 2021, after which subject to funding this would be renewed. I can confirm that the probationary period is complete and he is required for the same job as Research Fellow and will be needed for the foreseeable future"

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:16 pm

There is no immigration law per se. The Immigration rules require you to be needed for the foreseeable future which in my opinion contradicts with having a contact end date. UKVI may overlook this but you simply have to apply and see
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Harish chandra

Post by Harish chandra » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:19 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:16 pm
There is no immigration law per se. The Immigration rules require you to be needed for the foreseeable future which in my opinion contradicts with having a contact end date. UKVI may overlook this but you simply have to apply and see
Thanks, Zimba. Appreciate your advice

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:30 pm

Harish chandra wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:19 pm
Zimba wrote:
Just for your peace of mind, I was a research fellow when I applied for ILR based on Tier 2 and my employer did mention the same thing i.e. foreseeable future but also mentioned the end date of my contract, and my ILR application was successful. It worked for me and hopefully, you will be fine too.

Harish chandra

Post by Harish chandra » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:24 pm

tier21419 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:30 pm
Harish chandra wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:19 pm
Zimba wrote:
Just for your peace of mind, I was a research fellow when I applied for ILR based on Tier 2 and my employer did mention the same thing i.e. foreseeable future but also mentioned the end date of my contract, and my ILR application was successful. It worked for me and hopefully, you will be fine too.
Thanks mate. Really appreciate for sharing your experience. Have a great weekend.