ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions regarding naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Questions regarding naturalisation

Post by tier21419 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:03 pm

Hello,
Trying to fill naturalization form. There are the following questions in the form so wanted to confirm these;
1) Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English, tell us about the Visa;
I have entered ILR here, is this correct?
2) Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?
What to write here?
My Mrs (she is on ILR based on my tier 2 (G) ILR), shall I write here details here?
My two kids are already british after I got ILR last year.

Thanks!

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Questions regarding naturalisation

Post by tier21419 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:28 pm

Dear All, I have a few questions and would appreciate if you could help.

1) Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English, tell us about the Visa;
I have entered ILR here, is this correct? (I got my ILR based on Tier 2 and used PhD degree as a proof)

What to write here?
My Mrs (she is on ILR based on my tier 2 (G) ILR), shall I write here details here?
My two kids are already British after I got ILR last year.

3) My first visa was issued as a sticker on my passport, what would be the reference number, in this case, is this is the visa number (VAF number) on my visa sticker?

4) What are the Reference numbers for other previous applications, which I made in the UK? Is this "Case ID", "BRP number" or anything else or any of them?

5) I have one PCN (from the council for turning left to a car park), I believe I dont have to include that in the application, right?
If yes, do I have to include this in the other details or in a cover letter?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:29 pm

tier21419 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:28 pm

I have entered ILR here, is this correct? (I got my ILR based on Tier 2 and used PhD degree as a proof)

What to write here?

3) My first visa was issued as a sticker on my passport, what would be the reference number, in this case, is this is the visa number (VAF number) on my visa sticker?

4) What are the Reference numbers for other previous applications, which I made in the UK? Is this "Case ID", "BRP number" or anything else or any of them?

5) I have one PCN (from the council for turning left to a car park), I believe I dont have to include that in the application, right?

Thanks
1) Correct
2) The online form only asks Yes/No. You do not have to list any details. Just say Yes.
3) Yes you can use that. Its a “if known” question anyways.
4) Home Office Case ID or BRP (again “if known” question)
5) No need to mention.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:16 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:29 pm
tier21419 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:28 pm

What to write here?

Thanks
1) Correct
2) The online form only asks Yes/No. You do not have to list any details. Just say Yes.
3) Yes you can use that. Its a “if known” question anyways.
4) Home Office Case ID or BRP (again “if known” question)
5) No need to mention.
Thanks.
Regarding 2) What is meant by this question and what classifies someone as my dependent? I think i have read on this forum, people suggesting to put NO......

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:37 pm

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... 49765.html

Different threads have different opinions. However, I dont think this question will have any adverse impact on your application. I personally did yes as I have dependents not applying with me.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:49 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:37 pm
https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... 49765.html

Different threads have different opinions. However, I dont think this question will have any adverse impact on your application. I personally did yes as I have dependents not applying with me.
Thanks, Cullinan

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:51 pm

A few other questions;

I have been filling dummy online AN forms by using my one email address but each application with a different password (not resetting it using forgot my password link) e.g. for the first time, I used abc@gmail.com email and 1234 as password. I then again started a new application by using the same email but a different password.
I have now filled it for the third time with the same email but a different password and now I am ready to fill that application.
Do you think it will be a problem as I have uncompleted applications associated with that email address but now I am submitting my recently completed application?

Also, I am relying on HMRC dates as my start and end dates for jobs, I have some documents which might suggest that these dates might be different but I am still going ahead with HMRC dates so that the casework does not think that there is some discrepancy. I hope I am right?