ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (o) medical reason - Waited for over 14 months

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jfreddy
Newly Registered

FLR (o) medical reason - Waited for over 14 months

Post by jfreddy » Wed May 20, 2020 11:01 am

Hi

My Mother came to visit us on Sept 2018. She was due to fly back on Jan 2019. However due to medical reason she was unable to fly. We applied for a visa extension via FLR(o) route until she feels better. Its May 2020, there is no response or update from UKVI. We only got an acknowledgment at somepoint last year that the file has been successfully received.

Can you please let me know
1. Understand UKVI does not set a service standard for FLR(o). Normally how long does it take for FLR(0) application to receive an answer?
2. Can I contact UKVI for an update - if yes, whats the contact number?
3. What is the general success rate of FLR(o) application.

Thank you
JJ

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (o) medical reason - Waited for over 14 months

Post by CR001 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:17 am

On what grounds did you apply for FLR(O)??

Form FLR(O) is also no longer a valid form. It was withdrawn by HO on 1st December 2016.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-flro

To extend a visitor visa, you should have applied on FLR(IR) with substantial evidence of why it needs to be extended and if on health grounds, evidence of private medical insurance.

FLR(O) has a low chance of approval anyway. It would be seen as trying to circumvent the immigration rules of the adult dependent visas.

What exactly are her medical issues?

I really hope that she is not using the free NHS service. She should be paying for all her care at 150% of the NHS costs.

A refusal of this visa will likely shut the door to any future visitor visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jfreddy
Newly Registered

Post by jfreddy » Wed May 20, 2020 1:30 pm

Dear Moderator,

I apologies. We did apply using FLR route but didnt recollect the exact sub-form number. It was not our intention to use NHS. She has visited UK previously couple of times. She has all her relatives and properties too back home.

She had a mental breakdown and was unable to stay stable. We were unable to decide what to do and hence reached out to an NGO who advised us to use this FLR route under medical ground. We had to pay circa £2000 for the application. We got an acknowledgment from UKVI that all docs are received at around June 2019. We are paying for her prescriptions till date. She does get help from our local council on counselling and medicine to use. She is getting better, hopefully she will recover fully.

My question is around
1. The time taken by UKVI on such cases. I understand these are case by case basis. In general, average, how long does UKVI take to make a decision?
2. What is the success rate of such application ?
3. Can I speak to UKVI for an update on the status of the application? If yes, what is the number please?

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:11 pm

1. The time taken by UKVI on such cases. I understand these are case by case basis. In general, average, how long does UKVI take to make a decision?
It can take longer than 12 months, often up to 2 or 3 years and usually ends in refusal.
2. What is the success rate of such application ?
Very low.
3. Can I speak to UKVI for an update on the status of the application? If yes, what is the number please?
You would need to call the general call centre, which is outsourced to a third party agent, who will only give you generic advice. They don't have access to the case file.

Unclear why you paid so much for this as a visitor visa extension doesn't cost that much. It really is imperative that you try find the exact form you applied on.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jfreddy
Newly Registered

Post by jfreddy » Wed May 20, 2020 2:26 pm

Your response much appreciated dear Moderator. Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:12 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.