ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2ND NATURALISATION REFUSAL

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

London22
Member of Standing

Re: 2ND NATURALISATION REFUSAL

Post by London22 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:14 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:50 pm
I am reading again this last version of the guidance and they always refer to immigration breaches during the qualifying period which is 3 or 5 years.

But they don't follow their own guidance. Because for immigration breaches they don't look within the qualifying period only but they look back 10 years and any breach triggers a nearly mechanical refusal.

I wished they could be more upfront about this in their guidance to avoid people losing their money in doomed applications.
Why am I more curious to discuss this new guidance ?There is more on discretion for applicants in it.If HO follows its guidance I don't think anyone who has ILR and no breach during the qualifying period which is 5 years in most cases can get a refusal .There is a wide discretion on good character but HO caseworkers rarely apply it.We have seen a very few cases where overstaying has been disregarded & nationality granted .Many people don't report such cases here.There is something good for applicants in the new guidance.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:20 pm

I am interested for the same reason. My wife has been an overstayer at one point and she didn't want to apply for citizenship even if everything is ready. The risk of disappointment and losing £1300...

But I agree that if someone applies for citizenship with an overstaying history and gets it without any issue, you wouldn't find such person commenting in the forum. Most people come in only if they face issues. Otherwise, it's no event.

BoyTed
Somalia

Post by BoyTed » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:31 am

London22 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:14 pm
Zerubbabel wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:50 pm
I am reading again this last version of the guidance and they always refer to immigration breaches during the qualifying period which is 3 or 5 years.

But they don't follow their own guidance. Because for immigration breaches they don't look within the qualifying period only but they look back 10 years and any breach triggers a nearly mechanical refusal.

I wished they could be more upfront about this in their guidance to avoid people losing their money in doomed applications.
Why am I more curious to discuss this new guidance ?There is more on discretion for applicants in it.If HO follows its guidance I don't think anyone who has ILR and no breach during the qualifying period which is 5 years in most cases can get a refusal .There is a wide discretion on good character but HO caseworkers rarely apply it.We have seen a very few cases where overstaying has been disregarded & nationality granted .Many people don't report such cases here.There is something good for applicants in the new guidance.

I think HO are not fit for purpose they act like they don't care i have a funny feeling they try to make things harder for migrants who wants to be citizens first they charge you an arm and a leg then they refuse you worst part they don't change anything to help us but to make life more difficult i believe.