ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

onestop
Newly Registered
India

Naturalisation Application

Post by onestop » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:39 pm

Dear All,

I have got my ILR over the 10 years route. I am in due applying for Naturalisation anytime now.

My wife is on her spouse visa(Family route)using FLR M application which expires in 11 months time.

Questions:

1. When I granted British Citizenship, should she still extension her visa for another 2.5 years in order to get her ILR after? or Is there any other route will be reset/changing her application? or can she apply for her ILR straight? FYI - she was on Tier 2 dependent since June 2015 her 1st visa then her continuity had reset as I applied under Long Residence Route. note; we got her visa extended in Jan 2019 under Family route(FLR M).

2. Which application should I use for myself for British Naturalisation?

3. Which application should I use for her extension?

4. What application should I apply for a newborn?

secret.simon

Re: Naturalisation Application

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:08 pm

1. She continues on FLR(M) and can apply for ILR after completing five years on FLR(M). She can then apply for naturalisation immediately after getting ILR.

2. Form AN

3. Form FLR(M)

4. Where and when was the newborn born? And where is the newborn now?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

onestop
Newly Registered
India

Post by onestop » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:18 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:08 pm
1. She continues on FLR(M) and can apply for ILR after completing five years on FLR(M). She can then apply for naturalisation immediately after getting ILR.
Is there any such a form for an extension? or the same application using this link https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flr-m

2. Form AN

3. Form FLR(M)

Will be born in the UK! planning in advance!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:19 pm

onestop wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:18 pm
secret.simon wrote:
Is there any such a form for an extension? or the same application using this link https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flr-m

2. Form AN

3. Form FLR(M)

Since you already have ILR, your child will be British by birth.

If your child is born BEFORE you yourself are British, make sure you do not return your ILR BRP as that will be the proof for child’s British Citizenship.

If born AFTER you are British, no need to keep ILR BRP.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

onestop
Newly Registered
India

Post by onestop » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:22 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:19 pm
onestop wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:18 pm
secret.simon wrote:

2. Form AN

3. Form FLR(M)

Since you already have ILR, your child will be British by birth.
So what is the process for the child? kindly please escalate some info on this?
How can it be done?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:24 pm

No process. Your child will be British by Birth if born in UK. All you need is child’s UK birth certificate and your ILR BRP to apply for child’s British Passport.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

onestop
Newly Registered
India

Post by onestop » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:27 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:24 pm
No process. Your child will be British by Birth if born in UK. All you need is child’s UK birth certificate and your ILR BRP to apply for child’s British Passport.
how much would that be? sorry sounds chilly as surprised by your reply. hope not thousands then?

Should I apply online straight for the British Passport?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:31 pm

onestop wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:27 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
how much would that be? sorry sounds chilly as surprised by your reply. hope not thousands then?

If one parent already has ILR and the child is born in UK, child automatically is British by birth.
All you need to do is get child’s UK birth certificate and your original ILR BRP to apply for child’s British Passport. Yes you can straight away apply after you have the above. It costs £49.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport ... d-passport

Also, read my my comment on the previous post regarding keeping your ILR BRP for child’s future sake.

onestop
Newly Registered
India

Post by onestop » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:31 pm
onestop wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:27 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

If one parent already has ILR and the child is born in UK, child automatically is British by birth.
All you need to do is get child’s UK birth certificate and your original ILR BRP to apply for child’s British Passport. Yes you can straight away apply after you have the above. It costs £49.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport ... d-passport

Also, read my my comment on the previous post regarding keeping your ILR BRP for child’s future sake.
Thank you so much! very helpful!