ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Korekt » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:18 am

Then it appears it is an exception. It's certainly not the case in the majority of applications made outside of the UK, unless they've changed tack.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Yazy lat
Algeria

Post by Yazy lat » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:18 am

Any one still waiting more than 6 months?
I am 10+ months! Haven't heard from them. Except the silly automated messages 'not sraight forward' or awaiting decision. Inchallah there will be a lot of good news for us this blessed ramadan.

NiDz91
Newly Registered

Post by NiDz91 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:39 pm

Yazy lat wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:18 am
Any one still waiting more than 6 months?
I am 10+ months! Haven't heard from them. Except the silly automated messages 'not sraight forward' or awaiting decision. Inchallah there will be a lot of good news for us this blessed ramadan.
In Sha Allah. Ameen

There is delay in processing bcz of COVID-19 also VFS are closed in Pakistan.I am waiting since December. May Allah help us all Ameen.

NiDz91
Newly Registered

Post by NiDz91 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:06 pm

Anyone received any emails or decision?? I am still waiting 5+ months priority application. :(

Steve12345
Newly Registered

Post by Steve12345 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:45 pm

Yes, decision recieved couple of days ago.

Finally after 5 months wait, and paid Priority for, which was a waste cause did not get a decision within 4-6 weeks.

My wife settlement visa has been granted, with a 3 months valid visa, think it used to be 1 month.

after worrying for 5 months, now i am so relieved.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:18 am

Steve12345 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:45 pm

Finally after 5 months wait, and paid Priority for, which was a waste cause did not get a decision within 4-6 weeks.

My wife settlement visa has been granted, with a 3 months valid visa, think it used to be 1 month. Yes it used to be 1 month but now 3 months to validity to allow for any delays in travels due to COVID-19,

NiDz91
Newly Registered

Post by NiDz91 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:30 pm

Steve12345 wrote:

My wife settlement visa has been granted, with a 3 months valid visa, think it used to be 1 month.

Which country did you apply from?

NiDz91
Newly Registered

Post by NiDz91 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:30 pm

Steve12345 wrote:

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:57 pm

My husband and I applied for his visa from India in March 2020 priority service. Waiting to hear back. Has anyone applied in India and received back decision/passport? I heard that passport return service is now operating only but only if a decision has been made.

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:57 pm

My husband and I applied for his visa from India in March 2020 priority service. Waiting to hear back. Has anyone applied in India and received back decision/passport? I heard that passport return service is now operating only but only if a decision has been made.

Steve12345
Newly Registered

Post by Steve12345 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:34 am

NiDz91 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:30 pm
Steve12345 wrote:

Wife applied in China

Mh83
Newly Registered

Post by Mh83 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:14 am

Has anyone applied for settlement visa from Thailand this year? We have received the email asking us to pay the IHS fee for child rather quickly, which we are wondering if this is “normal” or not?

We applied wife and dependent : june 15th
Email asking to pay dependents IHS charge : june 24th

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:37 am

Mh83 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:14 am
Has anyone applied for settlement visa from Thailand this year? We have received the email asking us to pay the IHS fee for child rather quickly, which we are wondering if this is “normal” or not?

We applied wife and dependent : june 15th
Email asking to pay dependents IHS charge : june 24th
If you are applying along for the child, there is nothing not normal about asking you to pay.
It's rather a good thing once you pay up the child's IHS fee out of the way.

Mh83
Newly Registered

Post by Mh83 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:07 am

We’ve just had an SMS saying visa applications are processed and ready to collect. Its only been two and a half weeks since the application was made. Feeling a bit sick with nerves.

idaz
Newly Registered

Post by idaz » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:40 am

Congrats! When did you apply and was it priority? Did you get any emails in between? Did you ever escolate? I'm so fed up now tbh

Remti

Post by Remti » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:37 am

Mh83 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:07 am
We’ve just had an SMS saying visa applications are processed and ready to collect. Its only been two and a half weeks since the application was made. Feeling a bit sick with nerves.
Usually when they ask for a childs surcharge it can likely be a good news as ive read on this thread previously. So lets hope it is. Think positive and let us know what the outcome is. When are you/spouse planning to go collect it. I know someone who had their visa done within 2 weeks and others are waiting on months plus. So theres really no time frame for anyone just depending on luck and how theyve met all the criterias. Good luck

Mh83
Newly Registered

Post by Mh83 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:45 am

Thank you.

Well she got to the VFS centre and they told her they had already posted the passports to her home address. So we should know by tomorrow!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:56 pm

Mh83 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:45 am
Thank you.

Well she got to the VFS centre and they told her they had already posted the passports to her home address. So we should know by tomorrow!
Await your good news of July jubilation.

Mh83
Newly Registered

Post by Mh83 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:17 am

The visas were granted! And they arrive to the UK on Monday at midday.
It has been a whirlwind couple of days, we are still in a bit of shock how quickly its all been processed.
I would like to thank everyone on these forums for the help and guidance offered.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:31 am

Mh83 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:17 am
It has been a whirlwind couple of days, we are still in a bit of shock how quickly its all been processed.
I would like to thank everyone on these forums for the help and guidance offered.
I saw congratulations to you and your family. May others get positive results too soon.

Remti

Post by Remti » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:58 am

Mh83 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:17 am
Aww congratulations i did say it will be a positive outcome. May i ask how long does the visas last ?

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:30 am

Lots of people (including myself) are receiving these 2 emails immediately after one another. I’ve read that these emails are triggered by a decision being made. Has anyone else received this and subsequently received a decision in last few days/weeks?

Thanks

Recived x 2 emails from UKVI withing 1 minute apart.

First Email

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

Second Email

We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the worldwide impacts of COVID-19, and resulting Visa Application Centre (VAC) closures in your region, your application has been placed on hold. We would like to reassure customers that this is due to the operational impacts of COVID-19. Customers should not be concerned that there is something wrong with their application. Once the VACs re-open and your application can be processed, we will contact you. Please do not attend the VAC until you have been advised that your application has been decided. If you’ve paid for courier return, your passport will be returned, where local permissions allow. If your passport is currently held in a VAC and you need it returned urgently, but have not previously arranged for it to be returned by courier, please contact the visa application centre where you lodged your application to discuss return. For TLS at https://pos.tlscontact.com/par_en/contact and for VFS customercare@vfsglobal.com Finally, if you are concerned about your situation please contact the Coronavirus Immigration Helpline at: CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk We appreciate your patience at this time.

Kind regards,

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:46 am

We got both of those emails above. The 2nd one on the 4th May whilst the VAC was still closed. We got an email this week saying the decision is ready and passport can be collected as the VAC reopened this week.

Is your VAC open in your country yet?

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:49 am

HI1406 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:46 am
We got both of those emails above. The 2nd one on the 4th May whilst the VAC was still closed. We got an email this week saying the decision is ready and passport can be collected as the VAC reopened this week.

Is your VAC open in your country yet?
Nope - it’s opening on 6th July so we’re crossing fingers and toes for then!

saragullu
Newly Registered

Post by saragullu » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:26 pm

Aarav086 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:30 am
Lots of people (including myself) are receiving these 2 emails immediately after one another. I’ve read that these emails are triggered by a decision being made. Has anyone else received this and subsequently received a decision in last few days/weeks?

Thanks

Recived x 2 emails from UKVI withing 1 minute apart.

First Email

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Second Email

We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the worldwide impacts of COVID-19, and resulting Visa Application Centre (VAC) closures in your region, your application has been placed on hold. We would like to reassure customers that this is due to the operational impacts of COVID-19. Customers should not be concerned that there is something wrong with their application. Once the VACs re-open and your application can be processed, we will contact you. Please do not attend the VAC until you have been advised that your application has been decided. If you’ve paid for courier return, your passport will be returned, where local permissions allow. If your passport is currently held in a VAC and you need it returned urgently, but have not previously arranged for it to be returned by courier, please contact the visa application centre where you lodged your application to discuss return. For TLS at https://pos.tlscontact.com/par_en/contact and for VFS customercare@vfsglobal.com Finally, if you are concerned about your situation please contact the Coronavirus Immigration Helpline at: CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk We appreciate your patience at this time.

Kind regards,

I think from memory my husbands timelines is similar to yours.

We applied 24th Feb and submitted the bio metrics on 17th March in Islamabad, Pakistan.

Our lawyer had to chase on 10th June and we just got these exact x2 emails a minute apart from each other a couple of days ago.

We have no idea when the VAC is opening in Pakistan as no announcements have been made but I am sure i seen some other member commenting on another post saying they had got an email saying they are aiming to open up 8th July in Pakistan. Not sure if this is true.