ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused regarding the new CoS for Tier 2 VISA extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sim64
Newly Registered
India

Confused regarding the new CoS for Tier 2 VISA extension

Post by Sim64 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

I got my first Tier 2 Visa on November 2015, the then I got extension from Sep 2017 to Sep 2020. Obviously, to get the ILR I am in short of two months (From Sep 2020 till November 2020, so I need to extend again. I am dealing with our HR regarding my new COS, and I have three questions regarding the extension, and I would appreciate if someone could answer me: I am really in need

1. My current CoS ends Aug 31st2020, however my VISA (my BRP) expires on Sep 15th 2020. So my first question is what should be the start date of my new COS? 1st of Sep or 15 of Sep? My sponsor gave me the draft of the COS, they put Sep 15, however I think as my current COS ends in Au 31st, the new COS should start from Sep 1st. who is correct? Me or my sponsor? Does this can cause refusal?

2. My sponsor, gave me a CoS for 3 years which makes my total stay more than 6 years. As far as I know, I can’t stay on Tier 2 more than 6 years. Does this can cause me refusal on my extension application?

3. My sponsor’s CoS draft is for SEP 15 (2020) till Sep 15 (2023). This is 3 years? Or this is 3 years plus one day? I ask this because obviously, I want to pay the application fee which is for up to 3 years, not the one which I for up to 5 years.

Thanks in advance for the kind consideration, and I really appreciate if you guide me through these questions.

Best wishes,
Aghil

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Confused regarding the new CoS for Tier 2 VISA extension

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:02 pm

Ask then for a cos for one year. You won't get an extension that exceeds a total of 6 years on tier 2.

31st August should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sim64
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sim64 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:02 pm
Ask then for a cos for one year. You won't get an extension that exceeds a total of 6 years on tier 2.

Thanks for the fast reply. I am a bit confsed. My current COS is till Aug 31, so the start date of the new COS must be Aug 31 or Sep 1? Als woul you please let me know how to count the years? for example Sep 1, 2020 till Sep 1 2021, is one year or one year plus one? Becase I just want to pay IHS for one year.

Best wishes,

Sim64
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sim64 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:52 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:02 pm

Actually, I followed your comment but it seems the comment wasn't correct because the HO guidence says

'" When you assign a CoS to extend a migrant’s leave in the same tier and
category, the start date on the CoS should be the day after their current leave
expires"

Therefore, now I am very stressed that this may affect my application and get refused :(

This could be a ground for refusal?