ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa: Evidence of tax

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AliK23
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Spouse Visa Accommodation Requirements

Post by AliK23 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:08 am

Hello,

I will be applying for a spouse visa in April and, if granted, expect to go to UK in August 2020.
Regarding accommodation, my wife and I are planning to temporarily live in her parents house in London (it does abide the standards they need).

However, my wife currently lives and works in Leeds and it is where we plan to live together. Would that temporary move to London be regarded as fishy to UKVI given that she'd lose her source of income for that period?

The thing is, my wife works part-time at schools and tutors students privately, both of which do not earn her a lot of money in summer time anyway, and we wouldn't lose out on a lot during that temporary move.

We prefer not to commit to long term rentals in Leeds (Is 6+ months the minimum?) when we do not know whether the Visa will be granted or not.

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa Accommodation Requirements

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:24 pm

AliK23 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:08 am
Hello,

I will be applying for a spouse visa in April and, if granted, expect to go to UK in August 2020.
Regarding accommodation, my wife and I are planning to temporarily live in her parents house in London (it does abide the standards they need).

However, my wife currently lives and works in Leeds and it is where we plan to live together. Would that temporary move to London be regarded as fishy to UKVI given that she'd lose her source of income for that period?

The thing is, my wife works part-time at schools and tutors students privately, both of which do not earn her a lot of money in summer time anyway, and we wouldn't lose out on a lot during that temporary move.

We prefer not to commit to long term rentals in Leeds (Is 6+ months the minimum?) when we do not know whether the Visa will be granted or not.

Thank you.
A lot of applicants/sponsor has the same desire to save the accomodation cost without looking on the heavy application fee and the consequences if application will reject on that basis. That accomodation arrangements more likely won't be accepted because London to Leeds has nearly 200 miles distances and no ordinary person can manage or even commute back to London on daily basis.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AliK23
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Spouse Visa "cash income"

Post by AliK23 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:38 am

Hello,

There is a sentence from the Appendix FM-SE that I am not sure I understand:

"(m) Cash income on which the correct tax has been paid may be counted as income under this Appendix, subject to the relevant evidential requirements of this Appendix."

Does that mean my sponsor who is self-employed has to pay for her taxes before applying rather than just submitting her self-assessment tax return and SA302? Even though her cash income was deposited in her bank account and are not cash-in-hand?

Thank you,
Ali.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa "cash income"

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:28 pm

The quote you have transported here is actually for salaried & none-salaried income and the none-employment income. For self employment the following quote is relevant:
9.3.8. Self-employed income can be cash-in-hand if the correct tax is paid. In line with
paragraph 3.1.5 of this guidance, it would generally be expected that the person’s
business or personal bank statements would fully reflect all gross (pre-tax) cash income.
Flexibility may only be applied where the decision-maker is satisfied that the cash
income relied upon is fully evidenced by the relevant tax return(s) and the accounts
information.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AliK23
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by AliK23 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:06 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:28 pm
The quote you have transported here is actually for salaried & none-salaried income and the none-employment income. For self employment the following quote is relevant:
9.3.8. Self-employed income can be cash-in-hand if the correct tax is paid. In line with
paragraph 3.1.5 of this guidance, it would generally be expected that the person’s
business or personal bank statements would fully reflect all gross (pre-tax) cash income.
Flexibility may only be applied where the decision-maker is satisfied that the cash
income relied upon is fully evidenced by the relevant tax return(s) and the accounts
information.

Hi seagul,
The quote I have sent is actually part of bullet point 1 in Appendix FM which is "general provisions" which I assumed always applies?
If that's not the case, the way I understand the quote you sent is that cash income (which should show in bank statements) is different than cash-in-hand which doesn't show in bank statements and necessitate further evidence. Am I correct in thinking so?
Also, do you think they mean the tax return should be paid rather than submitted?
Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:13 pm

AliK23 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:06 pm
seagul wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:28 pm
information.

Hi seagul,
The quote I have sent is actually part of bullet point 1 in Appendix FM which is "general provisions" which I assumed always applies?
If that's not the case, the way I understand the quote you sent is that cash income (which should show in bank statements) is different than cash-in-hand which doesn't show in bank statements and necessitate further evidence. Am I correct in thinking so?
Also, do you think they mean the tax return should be paid rather than submitted?
Thank you.
The cash in hand proceeds must be banked in full and also be backed with relevant evidence. Also most importantly that amount must be included in the tax returns.

AliK23
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Spouse Visa: Evidence of tax

Post by AliK23 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:23 pm

Hello,

For the self-employment section for Spouse Visa, the documents required related to tax are

(a) Evidence of the amount of tax payable, paid and unpaid for the last full financial year.

(b) The following documents for the last full financial year, or for the last two such years (where those documents show the necessary level of gross profit as an average of those two years):
(i) annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC (a copy or print-out); and
(ii) Statement of Account (SA300 or SA302).
My partner and I have prepared the documents in (b) and my partner paid her taxes but SA302 doesn't seem to mention what has been paid already. It just mentions what is due January 2021.

Is there a different document that we need to provide for (a) or would that just be the payment shown on the bank statement?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa: Evidence of tax

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:24 pm

Topics merged. Please keep all your questions on the same application in one topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AliK23
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by AliK23 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:24 am

Any help is appreciated..

AliK23
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by AliK23 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:26 pm

Hello,

This is probably my last post before I submit my Spouse Visa application so I wanted to know if I am missing any documents.

Relationship Documents
- Cover letter
- Marriage Certificate (from Cyprus)
- Whatsapp and Tinder messages (1 screenshot from each month and list of Whatsapp groups my wife and I are in)
- Train tickets for trips we made together
- Flights for when she came to see me in Lebanon
- Google Timeline screenshots showing that I visited her place often (1 screenshot from each month I was in the UK including our tenancy contracts at the time)
- Train tickets for when I lived in another city whilst in the UK and we visited each other.
- Photos together with captions of location and date
- Copy of my wife's passport

Language Document
- My masters certificate from University of Leeds

Accommodation Documents
- Tenancy contract of my wife
- No objection letter from letting agency
- EPC, floor plan.

Financial Documents

- Cover letter for finances explaining everything

Employment
- Employment letter (including the 2 positions during the last financial year, date salary changed, contract type, her current position which has changed, statement that payslips are authentic, statement of earnings)
- Payslips for the 12 months of last financial year
- P60

Self-Employment
- Bank statements for the last financial year with income circled around
- Copy of Tax Return
- SA302
- Chartered accountant report including confirmation that they worked on her accounts
- Invoices and receipts for every self-employment payment into her account
- Updated bank statements (less than 28 days before date of application) which show that she is still earning from self-employment and also that she has fully paid her taxes.
- HMRC letter showing that she is registered as self-employed.

Am I missing anything?
Any help is appreciated thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:33 pm

AliK23 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:26 pm
Financial Documents

- Cover letter for finances explaining everything

Employment
- Employment letter (including the 2 positions during the last financial year, date salary changed, contract type, her current position which has changed, statement that payslips are authentic, statement of earnings)
- Payslips for the 12 months of last financial year
- P60
12 Months of corresponding bank statement will also be needed
AliK23 wrote:
Self-Employment
- Bank statements for the last financial year with income circled around
- Copy of Tax Return
- SA302
- Chartered accountant report including confirmation that they worked on her accounts
- Invoices and receipts for every self-employment payment into her account
- Updated bank statements (less than 28 days before date of application) which show that she is still earning from self-employment and also that she has fully paid her taxes.
- HMRC letter showing that she is registered as self-employed.

If the income threshold can be met through employment then there is no need to include the self employment for a straightforward case.

AliK23
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by AliK23 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:49 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:33 pm
AliK23 wrote:

12 Months of corresponding bank statement will also be needed

Yes I included that in the self-employment section
AliK23 wrote:

If the income threshold can be met through employment then there is no need to include the self employment for a straightforward case.

We are barely making the threshold by £100 while combining both.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:38 pm

AliK23 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:49 pm

We are barely making the threshold by £100 while combining both.
To cover that shortfall if you have cash savings then you can even use it in substitution of extensive range of self employment documents.

AliK23
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by AliK23 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:53 pm

Hello,

I have been tracking the processing of my application and 2 days ago my application was sent to TLSContact center in Lebanon. Does anyone know how long does it usually take for them to receive it and send me the email to go and collect my passport?

I have been really anxious last couple of days and would like to get an idea..
Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:33 pm

AliK23 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:53 pm
Hello,

I have been tracking the processing of my application and 2 days ago my application was sent to TLSContact center in Lebanon. Does anyone know how long does it usually take for them to receive it and send me the email to go and collect my passport?

I have been really anxious last couple of days and would like to get an idea..
Thanks.
Various factors can influence how soon. There are applicants who get mail for collection next day and some 3 days after, may be some much later....experiences vary. Will hope you update us on yours when you finally get it. Good luck.

AliK23
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by AliK23 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:05 pm

Thank you. Will let you know when I get it!