ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 ICT to UK long term visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jkoyya
Newly Registered
India

Switching from Tier 2 ICT to UK long term visa

Post by jkoyya » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:19 pm

Hi There,
The below site is updated on 26/Jun with below information.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... ts#history

=======================================================================
If you’re applying to stay in the UK long-term
You can apply from the UK to switch to a long-term UK visa until 31 July 2020 if your leave expires between 24 January 2020 and 31 July 2020. This includes applications where you would usually need to apply for a visa from your home country.

You can also apply from the UK if your leave expires after 31 July 2020 but you urgently need to make a new application, for example to start a new job or course of study, and cannot leave the UK to make an application from overseas. This includes applications to switch into a different work route or to change jobs in the same route using a new Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS).

You’ll need to meet the requirements of the route you’re applying for and pay the UK application fee.

This includes those whose leave has already been extended to 31 July 2020.

You can apply online. The terms of your leave will remain the same until your application is decided.

=======================================================================

I'm completing 5 years of Tier2 - ICT by end of August'2020. With Covid situation in place, would I be eligible to apply for a long term visa with existing or new COS?

Many thanks & Best regards,
JK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching from Tier 2 ICT to UK long term visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:21 pm

What "long term visa" do you believe you qualify for?? You don't qualify for tier 2 general for a start.

As mentioned before, you appear to only be seeking a visa for your child to continue their education.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-ti ... l#p1878216
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jkoyya
Newly Registered
India

Re: Switching from Tier 2 ICT to UK long term visa

Post by jkoyya » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your quick response.

Yes, that is correct. I'm looking for my son to continue his education here. My concerns are around how we could continue his education in India considering the current covid situation. He is not a child to go school and doesn't qualify to go to a college due to his learning levels. The psychologist already conveyed that he is vulnerable student. We are literally looking for some options which can help us to continue here legally. I'm not sure if there is any way forward other than Tier4 which could be an expensive option.

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,
JK