ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visa extension - FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NaturalisationQuery
Newly Registered

Family visa extension - FLR(M)

Post by NaturalisationQuery » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:23 pm

Hello guys,

I am looking for clarifaction on financial requirements for wife's family/spouse visa extension.

I am British citizen and my wife is on family/spouse visa which is due to renewal in August 2020 after her intial 30 months stay in UK.

My wife is an employee and share holder but NOT a director in my limited company. She is receiving salary as an employee and dividends as share holder. So should I fill Employment and Self Employment (both sections) in the online application? If so, do I need to cacluate salary and dividend totals separately and fill relevent sections in the application?

Also my company financial year (Septeber to August) is different from self employee financial year (April to March), which one should I follow?

Thanks for your help in advance.

NaturalisationQuery
Newly Registered

Re: Family visa extension - FLR(M)

Post by NaturalisationQuery » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:35 am

Hello there,

Can someone please answer my query above.

I am wondering to know self sponsered is allowed in the first place. I am happy to sponser my wife as partner if thats straight forward, since I am the director of the company (again salaried and taking dividends).

Please let me know which path is more cleaner?

Finally, which paragraph/section should I follow in the below link for understanding and collecting the documents.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

Many Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:10 am

NaturalisationQuery wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:35 am

Please let me know which path is more cleaner?

Finally, which paragraph/section should I follow in the below link for understanding and collecting the documents.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

Many Thanks
From point # 9. Usually these are very complicated routes requiring extensive amount of documents and that is why most often the op is referred to the official guidance which you have already got.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

NaturalisationQuery
Newly Registered

Post by NaturalisationQuery » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:35 am

Thanks Seagul.

Unfortunately just with salary, we are unable to meet minimum income requirement, hence we need go with self employment.

Since we did not left with any choice, I am in process of gathering all the necessary documents but can you please shed some light on the below queries.

1. Self sponsering or me sponsering my wife - which is less hassle?
2. When choosing 'Which types of income will you rely on to meet the financial requirement?' - do i need to choose both Employment and Self-Employment? or director salary also comes under self employment, hence just check Self-Employment?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:26 pm

NaturalisationQuery wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:35 am
Thanks Seagul.

Unfortunately just with salary, we are unable to meet minimum income requirement, hence we need go with self employment.

Since we did not left with any choice, I am in process of gathering all the necessary documents but can you please shed some light on the below queries.

1. Self sponsering or me sponsering my wife - which is less hassle?
2. When choosing 'Which types of income will you rely on to meet the financial requirement?' - do i need to choose both Employment and Self-Employment? or director salary also comes under self employment, hence just check Self-Employment?

Thanks
1. Either of you or both of you usually can combine your incomes. In my view both will require almost the similar documents even if your partner is working in your company but due to being related to you will have to supply a long list of documents as highlighted in the guidance.

2. Directorship is actually a self employment for which there is a very conspicuous guidance in the official guidance. I think the link you are studying is confusing you perhaps it is purely texted based without using the different font/formats & highlighters. So better to read the similar guidance at below which is a bit more embellished:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... DM5voKKdXc
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

NaturalisationQuery
Newly Registered

Post by NaturalisationQuery » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:25 am

Thanks Seagul.