ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of address AFTER application but before Biometrics

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pazol Azel
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Change of address AFTER application but before Biometrics

Post by Pazol Azel » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:17 am

I am a EU citizen with settled status / indefinite leave to remain.
I completed and submitted my online application for naturalisation last 15th April and have been unable to book a Biometrics appointment because of covid.

In ten days I will move to a different address from the one I used in my application.

The email I received as confirmation of my online application on 15th April contains the link to a page explaining how to communicate change of situation, however that seems to apply to those individuals who have a Visa or BRP. I don't have either.

Could anyone advise please?
Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Change of address AFTER application but before Biometrics

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:56 am

If still possible you could upload a note explaining the new address and/or explain at the biometrics appointment.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Pazol Azel
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Post by Pazol Azel » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:12 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:56 am
If still possible you could upload a note explaining the new address and/or explain at the biometrics appointment.
Thanks.
I think I will send a 1st class letter with my full details and application number, just like I did when I had to withdraw my previous application. That worked fine, at least in that instance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:36 pm

Pazol Azel wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:12 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Thanks.
I think I will send a 1st class letter with my full details and application number, just like I did when I had to withdraw my previous application. That worked fine, at least in that instance.
No need to post a 1st class letter. Simply upload a letter with your supporting documents before your biometrics appointment. Until you have enrolled your biometrics, HO does not have your application and paperwork. It is only sent to HO after biometrics and identity check is done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

londuk1
Mood:
Greece

Post by londuk1 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:36 pm
Pazol Azel wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
Thanks.
No need to post a 1st class letter. Simply upload a letter with your supporting documents before your biometrics appointment. Until you have enrolled your biometrics, HO does not have your application and paperwork. It is only sent to HO after biometrics and identity check is done.
Do we need to upload a proof of address (eg bill) with the new address as well? I am having the same issue, I’m moving next week and haven’t booked a biometrics appointment

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:16 pm

londuk1 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:11 pm
Do we need to upload a proof of address (eg bill) with the new address as well? I am having the same issue, I’m moving next week and haven’t booked a biometrics appointment
Please continue your questions in your own topic you already have!

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1908158
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pazol Azel
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Post by Pazol Azel » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:11 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:36 pm
Pazol Azel wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
Thanks.
Thank you.
So I understand that I will have the possibility to upload documents AFTER a biometrics appointment is booked... Is that right ? I don't see a way of uploading documents online at the moment (no appointment booked yet).
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:19 am

The requirement is to upload all your documents onto the UKCVAS web portal AFTER you have applied online and BEFORE your biometric appointment date.

When you book the appointment is irrelevant to this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)