ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zimba
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:44 pm

nickb wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:21 pm
Zimba wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:55 pm
You must wait to get your BRP.

Does this mean that visa has been granted?
Very likely
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

SNC114

Post by SNC114 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:08 pm

Hi Friends,

From tomorrow (Monday 29 June) UKVCAS would be opening appointment slots for people who have registered with UKVCAS from 27th March. They say they would be sending emails to such applicants.

I had submitted my application on 27th March, but have yet to receive an email from them.

What I would like to know is this:

'Does the email from UKVCAS contain a special link that would allow such applicants to book the appointment ... or... would the applicant also be able to book the appointment by logging in to his UKVI/Sopra Steria account where he had uploaded the documents?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:16 pm

SNC114 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:08 pm
Hi Friends,

From tomorrow (Monday 29 June) UKVCAS would be opening appointment slots for people who have registered with UKVCAS from 27th March. They say they would be sending emails to such applicants.

I had submitted my application on 27th March, but have yet to receive an email from them.

'Does the email from UKVCAS contain a special link that would allow such applicants to book the appointment ... or... would the applicant also be able to book the appointment by logging in to his UKVI/Sopra Steria account where he had uploaded the documents?

Thanks
Did you also create an UKVCAS account on 27th March?

Possibly the emails will start coming by next week. Did you try logging in your UKVCAS account and see if you can see any slots?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

SNC114

Post by SNC114 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:36 pm

Hi Cullinan,

Yes, I could create an UKVCAS account and was also able to upload all my documents.

Yes, did try logging in ... but nope ... unable to book.

I have read some posts where some individuals, who were to have their booking slots opened last Monday, had received their email from UKVCAS - a day before - on Sunday .... and so was a little worried.

Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:58 pm

SNC114 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:36 pm
Hi Cullinan,

Yes, I could create an UKVCAS account and was also able to upload all my documents.

I have read some posts where some individuals, who were to have their booking slots opened last Monday, had received their email from UKVCAS - a day before - on Sunday .... and so was a little worried.

Thanks.
Nothing to worry. You shall receive one soon as UKVCAS is going via registration date order.
Also, did you check Junk mail?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:49 pm

Priority visa processing service is a VISA SERVICE offered by UKVI. You choose this during application submission and right before the payment stage.

This is NOT related to the appointment booking services offered by UKVCAS or their operations.

Priority visa processing services are NOT offered by UKVI for now, possibly due to a large existing backlog of applications. You should continue with your application using the Standard service for now

Priority service many NOT resume anytime soon, so do NOT wait and apply if your visa is expiring :!: :!:

When you apply using the standard service, NO upgrade option is available to change your application to priority later :!:

If you already applied and you're looking to book your appointment with UKVCAS, here is the latest update from UKVCAS:
We’re moving forward at pace, increasing capacity and safely re-opening as many Service Points as we can. From June 29th, we’ll be releasing more appointments, adding new sites and opening up the booking system to more customers in phases based on registration dates
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

SNC114

Post by SNC114 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:43 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:58 pm
SNC114 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:36 pm
Hi Cullinan,

Thanks.
Nothing to worry. You shall receive one soon as UKVCAS is going via registration date order.
Also, did you check Junk mail?

Yes, I did... but, nothing.

Hopefully, something should come soon.

Thanks

gaukhar
Newly Registered

Post by gaukhar » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:08 am

People who received appointment booking email whose submission date was after 27th March, can you let us know your submission dates.

The rest of us are eagerly awaiting some data points to help us extrapolate some approximate timelines.

Please and thank you!

knocker
Newly Registered

Post by knocker » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:03 am

SNC114 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:08 pm
Hi Friends,

Thanks
Hi,

I'm in the same situation as yours, I have registered in UKVCAS on 27th March afternoon and still didn't receive any email.
If I got anything I'll update her and hopefully you can do the same.

Regards
Tarek

SNC114

Post by SNC114 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:07 am

Good idea.

Shall do so.

Thanks.

techtoon20
Australia

Post by techtoon20 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:49 pm

can someone please respond to my query...

Hi,

My TIER 2 General Visa is going to expire in August 2020 and need your advice. Given the priority service is not opened should I apply for ILR using standard route or should I wait for sometime.

How much normally standard route takes?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:52 pm

techtoon20 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:49 pm

Hi,

My TIER 2 General Visa is going to expire in August 2020 and need your advice. Given the priority service is not opened should I apply for ILR using standard route or should I wait for sometime.

Thanks
No one on the forum could possibly know when the Super Priority and Priority service will be available again. Only you can make the decision of when to apply or how long to wait. Unreasonable to expect strangers on an internet forum to give you such advice.

Standard route normally takes 8 weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Daided
Mexico

Post by Daided » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:52 pm
techtoon20 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks
No one on the forum could possibly know when the Super Priority and Priority service will be available again. Only you can make the decision of when to apply or how long to wait. Unreasonable to expect strangers on an internet forum to give you such advice.

Hi CR001

So for ILR Standard Service is 6 months, but it usually takes 8 weeks?
That's the first time I heard about it, that's be nice!
I applied early this month but got a generic email that it could take more than 6 months due to COVID-19.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:15 pm

Daided wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:13 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:52 pm
techtoon20 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Hi CR001

So for ILR Standard Service is 6 months, but it usually takes 8 weeks?
That's the first time I heard about it, that's be nice!
I applied early this month but got a generic email that it could take more than 6 months due to COVID-19.
It NORMALLY takes 8 weeks. It CAN take up to 6 months. Given the backlog since March, it can take longer. However a member posted an update the other day of receiving their decision within a few days after their biometric appointment and also applied using standard service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sir Murphy
Mood:

Post by Sir Murphy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:42 pm

Application Update!

Application for ILR SET (F) submitted on 26th of March 2020 with documents uploaded to UKVCAS. Initial Biometric appointment 03/04/2020 (paid £110 x 2) but cancelled due to Covid-19 and reschedule for 22/05/2020, then 19/06/2020 and cancelled again by UKVCAS due to lockdown. On the 1st of June 2020, received email to rebook and Friday 19/06/2020 appointment at Croydon was booked for the second time. Biometrics enrolment at UKVCAS Croydon around 5pm even though the appointment time was 5:30pm and today Monday 29th of June 2020, approval emails was received for my children application.
I wish all those waiting for appointment and decision good luck.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:45 pm

As per the timelines and information shared, looks like UKVI is processing on time. Its just the UKVCAS that has delay for now!

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:54 pm

Sir Murphy wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:42 pm
Application Update!

Application for ILR SET (F) submitted on 26th of March 2020 with documents uploaded to UKVCAS. Initial Biometric appointment 03/04/2020 (paid £110 x 2) but cancelled due to Covid-19 and reschedule for 22/05/2020, then 19/06/2020 and cancelled again by UKVCAS due to lockdown. On the 1st of June 2020, received email to rebook and Friday 19/06/2020 appointment at Croydon was booked for the second time. Biometrics enrolment at UKVCAS Croydon around 5pm even though the appointment time was 5:30pm and today Monday 29th of June 2020, approval emails was received for my children application.
Were you standard and had you been contacted by the HO to submit your documents to an email address?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:59 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:54 pm
Sir Murphy wrote:
Application Update!

Were you standard and had you been contacted by the HO to submit your documents to an email address?
Standard application.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1909223
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vijayswami
India

Post by vijayswami » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi All,

Whoever has registered with UKVCAS post 27th of March, whether anyone received the Biometric appointment email pls?

Thanks

knocker
Newly Registered

Post by knocker » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:42 pm

vijayswami wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:13 pm
Hi All,

Whoever has registered with UKVCAS post 27th of March, whether anyone received the Biometric appointment email pls?

Thanks
Not yet, I registered on 27th March and nothing received.

Sir Murphy
Mood:

Post by Sir Murphy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:59 pm
AnILRApplicant wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:54 pm
Sir Murphy wrote:
Application Update!

Standard application.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1909223
Standard application submitted on 23rd of March 2020 and no contact from HO to submit any documents before attending UKVCAS for Biometric appointment on 19th of June 2020.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:54 pm

Thanks CR001 and Sir Murphy. Useful to know

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:28 pm

Priority visa processing service is a VISA SERVICE offered by UKVI. You choose this during application submission and right before the payment stage.

This is NOT related to the appointment booking services offered by UKVCAS or their operations.

Priority visa processing services are NOT offered by UKVI for now, possibly due to a large existing backlog of applications. You should continue with your application using the Standard service for now

Priority service many NOT resume anytime soon, so do NOT wait and apply if your visa is expiring :!: :!:

When you apply using the standard service, NO upgrade option is available to change your application to priority later :!:

If you already applied and you're looking to book your appointment with UKVCAS, here is the latest update from UKVCAS:
We’re moving forward at pace, increasing capacity and safely re-opening as many Service Points as we can. From June 29th, we’ll be releasing more appointments, adding new sites and opening up the booking system to more customers in phases based on registration dates
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

YM1900

Post by YM1900 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:12 am

vijayswami wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:13 pm
Hi All,

Thanks
I've got mine, application submission/registration date was 27th of March.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:21 am

Can you please give some more details what is mentioned on the email like -
Available location and how many appointments slots available
What is the earliest date of appointment slot available
What is the deadline given to book an appointment

If possible can you paste the entire email content so that it gives an idea how long it would take for others by looking at all the timelines mentioned in the email