ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone had a decision yet applying from TLS Nairobi?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

HI1406
Newly Registered

Anyone had a decision yet applying from TLS Nairobi?

Post by HI1406 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi,

We applied for a spouse visa and did biometrics in January. TLS Nairobi have just opened today so wondering if anyone who applied from there has heard anything yet?

Is it worth while chasing UKVI now as it has been almost 6 months?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Anyone had a decision yet applying from TLS Nairobi?

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:57 pm

HI1406 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:33 pm
Hi,

We applied for a spouse visa and did biometrics in January. TLS Nairobi have just opened today so wondering if anyone who applied from there has heard anything yet?

You indicated they have just opened today so it may still be a while to hear from them.
Any possibility of you contacting TLS Nairobi directly? Also, there used to be a means to check
online the progress or status of application, you may be able to check the stage your application
is at.

Though we all know COVID-19 put paid to lots of things, no harm done if you reach them to find out.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:17 pm

HI1406 wrote:
Hi,

Not yet. We did ours just a week before lockdown and only had application on hold email.
I understand TLS are open only for limited Mondays and Wednesdays, so might be a while. I saw on another forum they took a week or two after reopening.
Hopefully we hear something soon. Keep us updated.
All the best.

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:41 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:57 pm
HI1406 wrote:
Hi,

You indicated they have just opened today so it may still be a while to hear from them.
Any possibility of you contacting TLS Nairobi directly? Also, there used to be a means to check
online the progress or status of application, you may be able to check the stage your application
is at.

Though we all know COVID-19 put paid to lots of things, no harm done if you reach them to find out.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes they only opened today. I think I was being slightly optimistic to think we’d be contacted so quickly.

I have checked their app and no change with the status of the application. I received an email in May from TLS stating our app was on hold because they were closed. I was wondering if that email is triggered by a decision being sent to TLS? I read somewhere that may be the case.

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:50 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:17 pm
HI1406 wrote:
Hi,

Not yet. We did ours just a week before lockdown and only had application on hold email.
I understand TLS are open only for limited Mondays and Wednesdays, so might be a while. I saw on another forum they took a week or two after reopening.
All the best.
It’s so hard waiting. Can I ask when you got your on hold email?

Will keep you all updated. I know how helpful it is when people share their journey.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:02 pm

HI1406 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:50 pm
Manugmedia wrote:
HI1406 wrote:
Hi,

All the best.

Will keep you all updated. I know how helpful it is when people share their journey.
We got TLS on hold email on 4th May, then we had a processing not staight forward due to Covid on 28th May from Sheffield followed immediately by application on hold due to VAC closure in Nairobi.
I also saw in another board the email is triggered by decision being made.
Lets hope it won't be long. Good news is lockdown will be lifted next week so air travel should ease up and be back to normality soon.

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:09 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:02 pm
HI1406 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:50 pm
Manugmedia wrote:
HI1406 wrote:
Hi,

All the best.

We got TLS on hold email on 4th May, then we had a processing not staight forward due to Covid on 28th May from Sheffield followed immediately by application on hold due to VAC closure in Nairobi.
I also saw in another board the email is triggered by decision being made.
Lets hope it won't be long. Good news is lockdown will be lifted next week so air travel should ease up and be back to normality soon.
Yes that’s great news about it opening next week. Further patience required now whilst they catch up.

I had my on hold email on the 4th May as well. I got the not straight forward email in April when 60 days had been reached. Can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Hopefully we here something soon! Good luck!

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:15 pm

Hi

Just an update. I emailed UKVI via the paid £5.48 service and they have advised a decision has been made on the application. So god willing it’ll be good news soon from the VAC.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:48 pm

HI1406 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:15 pm
Hi

Just an update. I emailed UKVI via the paid £5.48 service and they have advised a decision has been made on the application. So god willing it’ll be good news soon from the VAC.
Oh thats good, it must be good news i know. Did they advise when a decision was made?
Hope it won't be long now.

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:19 pm

Hopefully it will be good news. They said they can’t share the decision via email or call, so we’re just waiting for the VAC to be in contact.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:28 pm

HI1406 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:19 pm
Hopefully it will be good news. They said they can’t share the decision via email or call, so we’re just waiting for the VAC to be in contact.
Definitely, i know it will be, Nairobi has a very high visa success rate. Hopefully VAC will send a text to you by the end of the week.
Let's wait for the last bit that's left, though it gets more nerve wrecking the closer it gets.

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:13 pm

TLS have emailed just now saying the decision had been made and they’ll email once the passport is ready for collection. Hopefully soon they’ll be in contact. They are only open Monday and Wednesday at the moment though for passport collection. Promising that they’re still working at this hour though.

Have you received an email?

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:54 pm

HI1406 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:13 pm
TLS have emailed just now saying the decision had been made and they’ll email once the passport is ready for collection. Hopefully soon they’ll be in contact. They are only open Monday and Wednesday at the moment though for passport collection. Promising that they’re still working at this hour though.

Have you received an email?
Hi HI1406,
That's good progress, at least gives you hope soon, maybe next week.
No i haven't received any email yet,but based on your progress i hope to hear from them very soon.
I will keep updated if i hear anything.

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:14 pm

Not long after they sent an email saying my husband can come and collect his passport. Hopefully you will hear back soon as well!!

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:31 pm

HI1406 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:14 pm
Not long after they sent an email saying my husband can come and collect his passport. Hopefully you will hear back soon as well!!
Waoh , thats brilliant i know its good news. Will he collect then on Monday?
I hope to hear soon. All the best, keep the faith.

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:11 pm

He’s going to check on the off chance they’re open tomorrow. If not we’ll wait until Monday!

I wish you good luck! Will update once we know!

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:40 pm

HI1406 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:11 pm
He’s going to check on the off chance they’re open tomorrow. If not we’ll wait until Monday!

I wish you good luck! Will update once we know!
Hi,
Did your husband get any chance to collect? Are they working on other days apart from Monday and Wednesday?
We emailed UKVI on the status but they said we will have a reply in 15 days from the department concerned.

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:44 pm

They’re closed unfortunately. They’re only open Monday’s and Wednesday’s so he’ll go on Monday.

Did you email the one where you pay £5.48?
It says 2 working days on that one for a response.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:53 pm

HI1406 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:44 pm
They’re closed unfortunately. They’re only open Monday’s and Wednesday’s so he’ll go on Monday.

Did you email the one where you pay £5.48?
It says 2 working days on that one for a response.
Oh Okay! that's okay we can wait for Monday then
We had emailed them back in early May so we just replied to the same email quoting the reference number. we didn't have to pay again.
All will be well, that much i know.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:05 pm

Hi HI1406,
Just out of curosity and tracking purposes, does your tracking show "Application Transfered to VAC" on TLS website?
Ours is still stuck on "Application received by DMC", making us a bit worried.

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:27 pm

I unfortunately don’t have access to the UKVI tracking system any longer because it disappears after the 60 working day’s passes. I downloaded the TLS tracking system and it now says passport ready for collection.

When did you apply/submit biometrics?

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:42 pm

HI1406 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:27 pm
I unfortunately don’t have access to the UKVI tracking system any longer because it disappears after the 60 working day’s passes. I downloaded the TLS tracking system and it now says passport ready for collection.

When did you apply/submit biometrics?
Thanks for your response
is it the TLS App for androind you use?
We applied on 9th March and Biom's was 13th then we had Recieved by DMC on 16th March. Hopefully we hear something next week.

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:58 pm

It’s the app on the idiot-phone but believe it’s on android as well.

Wishing you the best of luck! Keep us posted!

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:52 pm

HI1406 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:58 pm
It’s the app on the idiot-phone but believe it’s on android as well.

Wishing you the best of luck! Keep us posted!
I had the app on android and doesn't work. You would think such an operation with such serious mandate would have at least a website that works. You have to login via gov.uk web to access TLS. Jeez i hate to think we are in 2020.
Sorry i feel ranting a little. Anyway,

Sawa Sawa, will keep posted. :lol:

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:34 pm

The login via the gov website to the TLS website leads you to a more in-depth breakdown on the steps. The TLS app doesn’t have all the steps it just says “with decisions makers” so you don’t get to see if it has been transferred to the VAC yet. So you’re better off having that access still. It was frustration as that gov access stopped working in April For us so we have been in the dark since last month when I saw the TLS app was available.