ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

spartanking_007
Mood:
India

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by spartanking_007 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:03 pm

Many thanks for prompt response.

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:34 am

Hi, just wondering has anyone received an email to book an appointment. I submitted my application on 5th April and still haven’t received any yet.

I have read the notification on theit website that they have opened the booking system for applicants who submitted their application after 27th March.

Pazol Azel
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Post by Pazol Azel » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:26 am

blueskies89 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:34 am
Hi, just wondering has anyone received an email to book an appointment. I submitted my application on 5th April and still haven’t received any yet.

I have read the notification on theit website that they have opened the booking system for applicants who submitted their application after 27th March.
I have exactly the same question but was too shy to ask and I thought that I was misreading the notification on UKVCAS.

Good to know that I am not the only one not receiving that email yet. And actually I submitted my online application on 15th April, so my situation is worse than yours :lol: .

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:48 am

[/quote]

I have exactly the same question but was too shy to ask and I thought that I was misreading the notification on UKVCAS.

Good to know that I am not the only one not receiving that email yet. And actually I submitted my online application on 15th April, so my situation is worse than yours :lol: .
[/quote]

i am in the same boat too. Applied for pbs visa on 10 April 2020

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:53 am

Evicra wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:48 am
i am in the same boat too. Applied for pbs visa on 10 April 2020
This is the British Citizenship sub forum not a PBS sub forum!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

James1859

Post by James1859 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:13 am

Hello folks

So I've filled in wife's Naturalisation application and made the payment ...etc. All that is left to do is getting an appointment with UKVCAS but it seems impossible.

No matter what centre I choose and whatever date I choose, there are no appointments available. What are we to do in this situation?

Our application on the GOV UK website said that we had to make the appoinment by a certain date, but what if we can't get an appointment before the deadline! :(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:24 am

James1859 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:13 am
Hello folks

So I've filled in wife's Naturalisation application and made the payment ...etc. All that is left to do is getting an appointment with UKVCAS but it seems impossible.

No matter what centre I choose and whatever date I choose, there are no appointments available. What are we to do in this situation?

Our application on the GOV UK website said that we had to make the appoinment by a certain date, but what if we can't get an appointment before the deadline! :(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
No one will be penalised due to the delays.

UKCVAS is opening appointments for applicants (visas, ILR, Citizenship) in the date order they they applied online. This is clearly stated on the UKCVAS website. If you have only recently applied, you will be in the queue and have to wait.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:42 pm

I submitted my aplication today as well. What is strange for me as I can't even register myself on UKVCAS website. I click on the 'book an appointment' icon but it takes me straight to the login page instead of the signup page. Should I call them?

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:44 pm

Hi everyone, I submitted my aplication today as well. What is strange for me as I can't even register myself on UKVCAS website. I know most of the people cant book appointments now, but I click on the 'book an appointment' icon but it takes me straight to the login page instead of the signup page. Should I call them?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:39 pm

You cannot register yourself on UKVCAS. You'll get an email on how to register with a reference.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:29 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:39 pm
You cannot register yourself on UKVCAS. You'll get an email on how to register with a reference.
Oh, thank you Zimba!
I think biometrics should be taken at post offices too as it used to be. Don't you think it would be a great idea?

awaismalik1234
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by awaismalik1234 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:48 am

Laller wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:44 pm
Hi everyone, I submitted my aplication today as well. What is strange for me as I can't even register myself on UKVCAS website. I know most of the people cant book appointments now, but I click on the 'book an appointment' icon but it takes me straight to the login page instead of the signup page. Should I call them?
you use the same email and password you used for ukvi

otuel
Poland

Post by otuel » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:06 pm

Laller, after you submitted your application, when you click "book an appointment" for the first time, you should be able to sing up (register) to UKVCAS.

I failed as technical issue occurred and since then, like you, I have only seen "log in" button.

You should have an e-mail from UKVCAS "Welcome to UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services" and on the bottom you will find "Should your UKVCAS registration fail please try to register again here" where "here" is an active link to sign up.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:15 pm

Laller wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:29 am
Zimba wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:39 pm
Oh, thank you Zimba!
I think biometrics should be taken at post offices too as it used to be. Don't you think it would be a great idea?
PostOffice is not involved anymore. It is all via UKVCAS
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:09 pm

otuel wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:06 pm
Laller, after you submitted your application, when you click "book an appointment" for the first time, you should be able to sing up (register) to UKVCAS.

I failed as technical issue occurred and since then, like you, I have only seen "log in" button.

You should have an e-mail from UKVCAS "Welcome to UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services" and on the bottom you will find "Should your UKVCAS registration fail please try to register again here" where "here" is an active link to sign up.
Thank you otuel, but I did not get email from UKVCAS. Technical issue happend too. Since that I have tried a few times but there is no signup icon. I have an email from UKVI as payment successful and today got another email from UKVI as they have received my application. I didn't get anything else.
Thank you for trying to help me!

otuel
Poland

Post by otuel » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:38 pm

In that case I would recommend sending an-email to UKVCAS, asking for the registration link.

Good luck!

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:15 pm

I submitted on the 15th April as well and still didnt have an email. Hopefully soon!

Pazol Azel
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Post by Pazol Azel » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:02 pm

oxana777 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:15 pm
I submitted on the 15th April as well and still didnt have an email. Hopefully soon!
Thank you oxana777. If I get an email I will write it here. In theory it should come to both of us on the same day as I also applied on 15th April too. Fingers crossed

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:03 pm

otuel wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:38 pm
In that case I would recommend sending an-email to UKVCAS, asking for the registration link.

Good luck!
I will try to send one then. Thank you for you help

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:57 pm

Pazol Azel wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:02 pm
oxana777 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:15 pm
Thank you oxana777. If I get an email I will write it here. In theory it should come to both of us on the same day as I also applied on 15th April too. Fingers crossed
Yes i will write in here if i receive an email too. Im just worried that they will miss me out or email will get lost! Always paranoid. But i hope it will be ok. And i hope we will receive an email soon!!

fbaig76
Newly Registered

Post by fbaig76 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:44 am

Hi there, My application date is 11 April and i am unable to book biometric appointment on UKVCAS website, has anyone submitted application in the month of April managed to book Biometric appointment?
Secondly is it advisable to uploading documents on UKVCAS without having appointment? As per my solicitor they will book the appointment when my appointment is booked and before attending the appointment.

Pazol Azel
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Post by Pazol Azel » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:37 am

fbaig76 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:44 am
Hi there, My application date is 11 April and i am unable to book biometric appointment on UKVCAS website, has anyone submitted application in the month of April managed to book Biometric appointment?
Secondly is it advisable to uploading documents on UKVCAS without having appointment? As per my solicitor they will book the appointment when my appointment is booked and before attending the appointment.
Hi,
blueskies89 on 29thJune (see post above) said s(he) applied 5th April and still couln't book the Biometrics appointment.
oxana777 and myself both applied on 15th April and are in that same situation today.
The notifications of the UKVCAS page explains that all of us who have registered on UKVCAS but could not book a biometrics appointment because of covid will be contacted by email with instructions on how to book an appointment (so we should not use the standard online booking system which currently has no available slots). However these emails will be sent out in order of application date, so my guess is that at the moment they haven't gone further than the early April applications.

Your second question is of interest to me as well, because I would need to upload documents to amend my home address (I am moving home tomorrow) and that of one of my referees...CR001 (moderator) suggested above that I can upload new documents at any time after my application (15th April) either before or after booking the biometrics appointment....However I can't for the life of me find a way to upload more documents onto UKVCAS in my current situation (i.e. no biometrics appointment booked yet). As your solicitor advised, the only way would possibly be to submit a new application, which is not my favorite option as that would bump me down in the waiting list. So I'll wait until I can book a biometrics appointment (looking forward to that email...) and then see if I can upload supporting documents at that stage.

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:11 am

Pazol Azel wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:37 am
fbaig76 wrote:
Hi,
blueskies89 on 29thJune (see post above) said s(he) applied 5th April and still couln't book the Biometrics appointment.
oxana777 and myself both applied on 15th April and are in that same situation today.
The notifications of the UKVCAS page explains that all of us who have registered on UKVCAS but could not book a biometrics appointment because of covid will be contacted by email with instructions on how to book an appointment (so we should not use the standard online booking system which currently has no available slots). However these emails will be sent out in order of application date, so my guess is that at the moment they haven't gone further than the early April applications.

Your second question is of interest to me as well, because I would need to upload documents to amend my home address (I am moving home tomorrow) and that of one of my referees...CR001 (moderator) suggested above that I can upload new documents at any time after my application (15th April) either before or after booking the biometrics appointment....However I can't for the life of me find a way to upload more documents onto UKVCAS in my current situation (i.e. no biometrics appointment booked yet). As your solicitor advised, the only way would possibly be to submit a new application, which is not my favorite option as that would bump me down in the waiting list. So I'll wait until I can book a biometrics appointment (looking forward to that email...) and then see if I can upload supporting documents at that stage.
Out of interest, why can’t you upload documents? I still have that option when i login, can upload as much as i want. Maybe you are looking in the wrong place? Or maybe im on the wrong website :D :D :D

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:11 pm

Anyone from April got an email by now?

Pazol Azel
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Post by Pazol Azel » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:42 pm

oxana777 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:11 am
Pazol Azel wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:37 am
fbaig76 wrote:
Hi,

Out of interest, why can’t you upload documents? I still have that option when i login, can upload as much as i want. Maybe you are looking in the wrong place? Or maybe im on the wrong website :D :D :D
Really ?... could you give me the link of the page you use to log in please? I wouldn't be surprised if I were looking in the wrong place. :lol:

Thank you ! :)