ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rajblondonuk
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Rajblondonuk » Sat May 09, 2020 8:17 pm

Nyamebeye wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 7:54 pm
You will be advised what documents to upload or take to the biometric centre once you have completed application. It varies for each person. The usual ones are proof of ID category where you submit one piece of evidence (passport, biometric residence card etc), proof of residence (one piece of evidence) and a signed consent letter which you will download after the application. You can scan and upload it yourself if you have the facilities to but even so, I would advise you to take the documents with you to the biometric appointment (if you booked a paid one). I had uploaded my documents ok at home. I booked a paid appointment as there was no free slots so scanning and uploading was included in the fee. I took my documents anyway. On the form, it asked for one piece of evidence for ID so I uploaded my BRC. At the centre, my passport was needed as well which I had on me. The attendant said I uploaded the consent form under the wrong category so it was done again. I couldn't have imagined having to travel back home because I didn't have the documents. Always good to just take them with you.
Thanks so much for the info. Have a great weekend.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon May 18, 2020 10:54 am

Guys do you Pay for this replacement service ? I know you have to pay for FINGERPRINT but what this pay is about ?
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 11.44.46.png
Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 11.44.46.png (233.49 KiB) Viewed 2017 times
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Rajblondonuk
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Rajblondonuk » Thu May 21, 2020 4:35 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:54 am
Guys do you Pay for this replacement service ? I know you have to pay for FINGERPRINT but what this pay is about ?
Pretty sure it's for free. But you might need to pay for biometrics if the free slots are not available.

inesbankole

Post by inesbankole » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:05 pm

Hi folks

Just a quik update i got my eu pre settleent brc today and it is all thanks to you

inesbankole

Post by inesbankole » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:06 pm

got my pre settlement brc today and it is all thanks to you

thanks a lot for the advice

nomadtraveller29
Mood:

Post by nomadtraveller29 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:20 am

@ inesbankole

Could you please share your time line

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:42 am

At the end of June i submitted an application to exchange my EEA BRC to one reflecting my settled status. Yesterday i received an email from the HO asking if i was happy to proceed with application as I will no longer benefit from Schengen visa exemption for family members of EU nationals with EEA BRC if I change to a Settled Status BRC. This is not an issue for me as I already have a Schengen visa as you need one to travel to the EU anyway if you are travelling without your EEA family member.

My question is, has any else received this email? Also I saw there was an announcement on the UKVAS website saying that if the HO is able to reuse your Bio metrics then you will probably not have to attend a Bio appointment for a new application, has anyone completed a Settled status BRC transfer application under these new guidelines?

nomadtraveller29
Mood:

Post by nomadtraveller29 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:53 pm

Hi Garth1989,

I applied to change my BRC in Feb 2020 and received the email in March as well asking me if I give my consent etc etc. I did my biometrics on 30th June (delayed because of the pandemic) and received email from HO on 6th July to expect my new BRC within 7 working days. Fingers crossed

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:21 pm

nomadtraveller29 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:53 pm
Hi Garth1989,

I applied to change my BRC in Feb 2020 and received the email in March as well asking me if I give my consent etc etc. I did my biometrics on 30th June (delayed because of the pandemic) and received email from HO on 6th July to expect my new BRC within 7 working days. Fingers crossed
good to hear that it the application is quick once biometrics is done. I wonder due to Covid if they have decided that if you have had a previous BRC you might not have to submit them. The notification on the UKVAS website is dated 7 July so its obviously a recent update, hopefully I will receive communications from the HO soon as to what the next steps are. Apparently they send an email asking for an updated picture and maybe some docs

Rajblondonuk
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Rajblondonuk » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:56 pm

nomadtraveller29 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:53 pm
Hi Garth1989,

Hi,
If you dont mind me asking, how did you submit your documents? On UKVACS website or on your biometric appointment?
TIA

nomadtraveller29
Mood:

Post by nomadtraveller29 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:59 am

I took my documents with me for the appointment but the lady at Sopra Steria didn’t actually upload all the documents. I only realised that when I got home. So uploaded the documents myself on UKVACS. Please make sure you upload the documents as per checklist.

Rajblondonuk
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Rajblondonuk » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:29 pm

nomadtraveller29 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:59 am
I took my documents with me for the appointment but the lady at Sopra Steria didn’t actually upload all the documents. I only realised that when I got home. So uploaded the documents myself on UKVACS. Please make sure you upload the documents as per checklist.
Thanks for your reply. I just applied yesterday but there is no appointment available until 13th of August. When can you upload the docs on UKVACS? Is it before or after the appointment booking? Also would you mind to share your timeline?

nomadtraveller29
Mood:

Post by nomadtraveller29 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:16 pm

If I was you I would upload it before your appointment. Make sure you follow the check list as well as upload extra documents if you think it might help your application. Please take all the documents with you to your appointment. I did my biometrics on 30th June and got approval email on the 6th July. Received my BRC on 10th July.

Rajblondonuk
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Rajblondonuk » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:07 pm

nomadtraveller29 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:16 pm
If I was you I would upload it before your appointment. Make sure you follow the check list as well as upload extra documents if you think it might help your application. Please take all the documents with you to your appointment. I did my biometrics on 30th June and got approval email on the 6th July. Received my BRC on 10th July.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I did not get any option to upload the documents. Thanks for sharing your timeline.

Ahmad khan
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Ahmad khan » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:43 pm

Hi to everyone I need help plz with my PR application for eu settlement scheme.i am an unmarried partner of an eu national we are living together since 2008 .I applied for RC in 2010 and received it in Dec 2010. Then I applied for PR in Dec 2015 but after 6 months the HO refuse my application for PR Bcz my partner didn't work for nearly 1 year. And I applied again for RC in 2016 and after 6 months I got another RC in Dec 2016 and my BRC will expire in Dec 2021.can I apply for PR eu settlement scheme now before Dec 2020 . And what documents do i need to submit.my partner is self employed since 2013 I have all the tax return from accountant. And Ian working aswell.
Plz help face.Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:40 am

Ahmad khan wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:43 pm
Hi to everyone I need help plz with my PR application for eu settlement scheme.i am an unmarried partner of an eu national we are living together since 2008 .I applied for RC in 2010 and received it in Dec 2010. Then I applied for PR in Dec 2015 but after 6 months the HO refuse my application for PR Bcz my partner didn't work for nearly 1 year. And I applied again for RC in 2016 and after 6 months I got another RC in Dec 2016 and my BRC will expire in Dec 2021.can I apply for PR eu settlement scheme now before Dec 2020 . And what documents do i need to submit.my partner is self employed since 2013 I have all the tax return from accountant. And Ian working aswell.
Plz help face.Thanks
Please do not spam the forum topics with multiple duplicate posts. You have posted her, which is the correct topic for your question.

Please wait for someone to respond if the wish to!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ahmad khan
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Ahmad khan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:44 pm

Hi, please i need urgent with my application for eu settlement scheme.now I don't know if Iam eligible for settlement or pre settlement.please help me .
Thanks for your advice

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:53 am

Garth1989 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:42 am
At the end of June i submitted an application to exchange my EEA BRC to one reflecting my settled status. Yesterday i received an email from the HO asking if i was happy to proceed with application as I will no longer benefit from Schengen visa exemption for family members of EU nationals with EEA BRC if I change to a Settled Status BRC. This is not an issue for me as I already have a Schengen visa as you need one to travel to the EU anyway if you are travelling without your EEA family member.

My question is, has any else received this email? Also I saw there was an announcement on the UKVAS website saying that if the HO is able to reuse your Bio metrics then you will probably not have to attend a Bio appointment for a new application, has anyone completed a Settled status BRC transfer application under these new guidelines?
*Update
On Tuesday 21 July I received an email from UKVAS that i needed to submit my bio metrics as the HO was unable to reuse from previous applications. I had my appointment in Croydon last night so hopefully I will receive some communication from the HO on my application in the not to distant future, will keep you all updated.

nomadtraveller29
Mood:

Post by nomadtraveller29 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:07 am

Hello,
Does any one know how long does it take for the new BRC to be updated under the EU Settlement Scheme. I sent my new BRP to Liverpool over a week ago but haven't heard anything. Called resolution centre and was told that they can't see any record of it. I am surprised and annoyed that why is this not done when they issue you a replacement card instead creating extra hassle for the applicant and themselves. Please if anyone could share their timeline or experience.

Thanks

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:18 am

Hi all,

I have seen a few message in this group that have slightly confused me regarding sending your Settled status card in to update the details you used to apply for Settled Status! I used my EEA residency BRC as a family member of an EU citizen to apply for Settled status and it was accepted. I have subsequently submitted an application to update my BRC to reflect my Settled status.

My question is, why would I have to send my settled status BRC back once I receive it to update the details of my online settled status? surely the HO would do this when you send in application to update your BRC!
I might be reading into this incorrectly but it seems counter intuitive.

nomadtraveller29
Mood:

Post by nomadtraveller29 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:03 pm

Hi Garth,

This is from the Home office Website. Initially I was confused as to why do I have to send my BRC to be updated when HO is the one who has sent it.
————————————————————————————————

“Tell us about a new identity document

!
WarningDo not make this change until you have received your status decision.
If your name has changed on your new identity document, use Tell us you have changed your name instead
If you have renewed or replaced your identity document (for example, your passport or national identity card) you need to:

Download and print the file New identity document: cover sheet and checklist (PDF, 229KB)

The file includes 2 pages: a checklist for you to keep for reference and a cover sheet to send with your new identity document

Provide your new identity document - it must be the original and not a copy.

Send us the new identity document and cover sheet by recorded delivery to:

PO Box 2077
Liverpool
L69 3YP
What happens next

We will use the identity document to update our records. After you have received email confirmation of the update, you will need to use the new document to verify your identity when accessing our services.

We will return your identity document by recorded delivery as soon as we have checked and confirmed the new details. The document will be returned to the address the Home Office holds for you.”
————————

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:29 am

nomadtraveller29 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:03 pm
Hi Garth,

This is from the Home office Website. Initially I was confused as to why do I have to send my BRC to be updated when HO is the one who has sent it.
————————————————————————————————

“Tell us about a new identity document

!
WarningDo not make this change until you have received your status decision.
If your name has changed on your new identity document, use Tell us you have changed your name instead
If you have renewed or replaced your identity document (for example, your passport or national identity card) you need to:

Download and print the file New identity document: cover sheet and checklist (PDF, 229KB)

The file includes 2 pages: a checklist for you to keep for reference and a cover sheet to send with your new identity document

Provide your new identity document - it must be the original and not a copy.

Send us the new identity document and cover sheet by recorded delivery to:

PO Box 2077
Liverpool
L69 3YP
What happens next

We will use the identity document to update our records. After you have received email confirmation of the update, you will need to use the new document to verify your identity when accessing our services.

We will return your identity document by recorded delivery as soon as we have checked and confirmed the new details. The document will be returned to the address the Home Office holds for you.”
————————
Thank you Nomad Traveller, I completely understand the need for the process if you have got a new passport/ID card, it just seems so arbitrary to require the step to update an online status based on a physical document that the HO issued to prove the online status. Oh well, guess we will just have to send it off when it eventually arrives.

nomadtraveller29
Mood:

Post by nomadtraveller29 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:17 pm

Just an update on my BRC that I sent to Liverpool to be update on my EU Settlement Scheme :-

My new BRC hasn’t be updated yet but got a letter along with my BRC stating that the change has been noted. After speaking to EU Resolution centre I was assured that change can take anywhere from 1-2 months. It’s in the system but I still have to use my old BRC number to view or prove my status. Not really happy with this but as long as they have some record of it. I am bit at ease now.

Saqq123
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Saqq123 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:28 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:29 pm
Rose2019 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:58 pm
Rose2019.
Hello ar22

Since you said they never ask for your BRC card while making the application .

Do u think it is wise for one to travel or they might cancel the brc card since an application has been made

I want to convert my BRC card under EU law to the EU settlement scheme but I have travel plans for xmas and travel plans in summer. SO if they do not ask for the card. Is it safe to travel?
Same situation please could you help me with that did u travel by that time

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:29 pm

My BRC Replacement timeline:

Applied after receiving Settled Status: 30 June 2020
Biometrics: 25 July 2020
Status outcome via email that BRC replacement has been issued: 25 July and should arrive in 7 days.

It states on the email that my original BRC is no longer valid and has been cancelled and should be returned to be destroyed. I still find it strange that I have to send my new Settled Status BRC back to update my Settled Status.