ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Obie
Ireland

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by Obie » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:28 pm

foreigner11 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:59 am
hi everyone,
it's been more then 7 months for my application but i didn't hear anything since then.
Complain complain complain. Do so forcefully and do not mince your words. Make sure your disdain about their inefficient practises is well articulated on the letter.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

zwfx
Newly Registered

Post by zwfx » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:54 pm

Congrats to those who have recently received their status!
Which channels are you using to contact the HO and make complaints?
It's around 3 months since we submitted biometrics and received the COA soon after, so I suspect we have a bit of a wait still, but I'd like to be ready because as soon as it hits six months I'll begin putting the pressure on (or is it worth doing that earlier?).

adinaedri

Post by adinaedri » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:43 pm

Obie wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:26 pm
adinaedri wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:31 pm
So today the forms arrived in the post, 60 pages of pure joy :)))

I really do not understand why - seeing that the HO previously granted me a RC via Suridner Sing route - we are asked to send ALL that information yet again (supporting documents about our life in EU country, BC's activity there etc).
We will send it all of course, but I thought that the whole purpes of 'personalised' documents was to avoide all that process.

And on a positive note: We called and ordered the form on June 11, they arrived today, so 4 days.
Those issued a residence card after November 2016 do not need to fill up everything again. They are exempted from filling the centre of life aspect of the application.
"Obbie if this is so, why did they send us that part? I mean, I thought that the whole idea behind a personalised form is that they acknowledge that we have already passed that point . I am thinkig of filling it and sending all documents just in case HO feels they need to ask for further details.

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:55 pm

if you read the form carefully will tell you THIS ( IF YOU HAVE RC RESIDENCE CARD YOU DONT NEED TO FILL THIS SECTION).

A Canadian
Canada

Post by A Canadian » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:02 pm

Jumping the gun here a bit but does anyone know if after being granted Pre-Settled status, will we need to apply for Settled Status on a paper form again (when in the UK for 5 years) and provide all the same kind of evidence of having had our centre of life in another EU country with our British spouse - or if we get the Pre Settled via the SS route we'd be able to apply online like others in the EEA Route and evidence would be just for the period between the successful Pre Settled status and the new Settled application (eg evidence for years 4&5 in the UK only etc)?? Any insights most welcome.

Seems like a National Insurance number can reduce the amount of evidence needed so those who don't have it yet, and are in the UK, should probably apply for one.

adinaedri

Post by adinaedri » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:03 am

JAMAA wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:55 pm
if you read the form carefully will tell you THIS ( IF YOU HAVE RC RESIDENCE CARD YOU DONT NEED TO FILL THIS SECTION).
True. But knowing the HO I prefer to send in the info again lol.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:49 am

adinaedri wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:03 am
JAMAA wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:55 pm
True. But knowing the HO I prefer to send in the info again lol.
When you do the opposite of what you are asked to do, and the caseworker proceed on an erroneous basis in his or her dealing with your application, then do not come here complaining.

The application states that those with a residence card issued after November 2016, should not fill certain questions, if you did that, and you confuse the caseworker, then an adverse consequences will be of your making.

LiyanaLiyana
Newly Registered

Post by LiyanaLiyana » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:35 am

Hi guys,

Just posting my timeline for anyone else in the same boat and also with the COVID-19 situation.

Requested Paper Application: 7th May 2020
Paper Application Received: 13th May
Paper Application Sent to Home Office: 18th May
Paper Application Received by Home Office: 19th May
Biometrics Letter Received & Return of Passport: 2nd June
Biometrics Sent to Home Office: 5th June
COA Received: Waiting

If anyone else in a similar situation could post their timeline it would be interesting to compare and discuss.

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:35 pm

Hi guys,
I sent an email to eu resolution center asking about my application which biometric details are submitted in February 2020, two days later I receive an email : ( your case is currently under consideration, and we are unable to provide a time scale for completion, each application is considered on a case by case basis, we understand you have not received any update, we apologise for any inconvenience, we appreciate your patience).
I hope this process will end soon.
Good luck everyone

mikefruk
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mikefruk » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:27 pm

Hi Boo,

My COA is dated 04 January 2020. No news so far. I sent an email to the EU Resolution team and 3 days after I got this reply.

Thank you for your question regarding your submitted application.
We understand that you have not received any notifications about the progress of your application.
Having checked our records, we can confirm that your application has been submitted successfully. The caseworker acknowledged receipt of your valid application via an email sent to you on 04 January 2020.
Your case is currently under consideration. You will be notified by the caseworker if any additional information is required or when a decision is made.

Please note, you will not receive you Biometric Residence Card until you have been granted status.
It is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19).

Each application is considered on a case-by-case basis. Therefore, we are unable to give a timescale for completion. However, helping you obtain your status is of utmost importance to us. Please rest assured that we will notify the caseworker today of your email and concerns.

Please wait to hear from the caseworker and follow their instructions when prompted. Please ensure you check your Inbox, as well as your Spam and Junk Mail folders regularly.

Should you require further information about the EU Settlement Scheme, please go to https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families or alternatively, contact the EU Settlement Resolution Centre by phone on 0300 123 7379 (from inside the UK), 0203 080 0010 (from outside the UK) or by submitting a further question using the online enquiry form https://eu-settled-status-enquiries.ser ... v.uk/start

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so, we would be grateful if you could complete our customer survey https://homeoffice.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe ... DBhhKZnDW5

Please note we cannot deal with any enquiries/replies sent directly to this mailbox.

Yours sincerely,

EU Settlement Resolution Centre

UK Visas & Immigration

I have contacted my MP this week and he said he had already sent a request to the HO.

It is so annoying to be at the mercy of the HO.

I hope all this ends up so. Good luck to you and to the others who are waiting.

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:55 pm

Hi Mikefruk,
You know it doesn't matter when you have received your certificate of application (COA); your processing time if you're non Eu citizen starts from the day you submitted your fingerprint, and if you're Eu citizen from the day your identity document is received by the HO.
On the other hand, when I check my status online it says the details entered don't match our records, I didn't get the code yet as in my case the decision clearly is not issued, but I think we might receive that code soon as our applications are under consideration, because I called the eu resolution last month and i've been told that my application is in progress; note Mike that there are five stages for the caseworker in surrender sign to process the application; in my view under consideration means when the application is in final stage where the caseworker declare the final decision after taking the four stages into consideration.
Obviously, this waiting time leads in my case leads to two major problems: prevents me from finding work and travelling; even when I went to open a bank account the COA is not accepted by NatWest, Santander... except Monzo and Nationwide.
If I get any news I will update you.
Stay safe

esrbks
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by esrbks » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:50 pm

Hi everyone,
It's my first time posting but I've been following everyone's experiences. I can't seem to find the answer to my question so I guess I just hope that someone has been in this situation before?

I've applied for settled status via the Surinder Singh route (paper application). Here is my timeline:

Jan 12 - application submitted
Jan 20 - documents returned
Jan 21 - biometrics enrolled
.... then nothing

I have not received a CoA and I've called the HO twice and both times told that my case is under review and I don't need to contact them, they'll contact me. And they can't give me any indication as to how much longer this will take. Isn't it strange I haven't even been sent a CoA? Has this happened to anyone else?

After reading many of the comments it seems I need to start putting some pressure on them, I'm just not sure how. I guess I can contact my MP - does anyone have a sample letter of what they wrote that got results? This wait time and absolute lack of transparency is ridiculous.

Thank you for your time and help.

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:56 pm

Hi Obie
How about those received the UK RESIDENCE CARD before November 2016 ?
Does still need British Citizen needs exercise treaty right working or self employed etc

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:04 pm

JAMAA wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:56 pm
Hi Obie
How about those received the UK RESIDENCE CARD before November 2016 ?
Does still need British Citizen needs exercise treaty right working or self employed etc
They should not. I do not believe the application requires them to do so either.

A Canadian
Canada

Post by A Canadian » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:15 am

Hi everyone - interesting and important ruling here --
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/cjeu-pe ... 387e5b0285

To summarize: a non-EU national who holds a permanent residence card from one EU state, is under EU law, exempt from any domestic law requirement to hold a visa to enter another EU state.

Hope this helps some people, wish I knew this when I first arrived!

Raja0007
Newly Registered

Post by Raja0007 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:41 pm

Hi Posting on the behalf of my friend his online status has been updated and granted Pre settled status yesterday.

He applied in the start of October last year and his application was decided yesterday. He was entered in UK on article 10 residence card and his passport was endorsed with entry under EEA regulations 2016.

Wish everyone goodluck who are waiting for the outcome of their applications.

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:34 am

Update: EU Settlement Scheme - One Year until Application Deadline
Home Office Communications <homeoffice@communications.homeoffice.gov.uk>
Wed 01/07/2020 00:56
Home Office

30 June 2020

This is the latest information on the EU Settlement Scheme.

ONE YEAR LEFT TO APPLY TO THE EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME

Today (30 June 2020) marks one year before the EU Settlement Scheme application deadline of 30 June 2021. Already there have been over 3.6 million applications and, according to internal management figures, more than 3.3 million applications have been granted.

EEA citizens and their family members who have been granted pre-settled or settled status have secured their rights in UK law, ensuring that they will have the evidence they need to continue living and working in the UK – the country they call home.

The latest detailed official statistics show that the highest number of applications have so far come from Polish (697,900), Romanian (590,100) and Italian (363,600) nationals with more than 3.2 million applications coming from citizens living in England, 180,700 from Scotland, 59,400 from Wales and 59,700 from Northern Ireland.

Secure your status now by applying on GOV.UK

A range of support is available online, by email and over the telephone to help EEA citizens and their family members apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
The EU Settlement Resolution Centre continues to provide support seven days a week by telephone and by email.
People can use the EU Exit ID Document check app available on idiot-phone and on Android to complete the identity stage of their application. A postal route is also available.
Assisted Digital offers additional support for those who do not have the appropriate access, skills or confidence to apply online.
We have also translated communication materials into 26 EU languages, including Welsh and Irish.
Applications must also be submitted for children of any age and parents applying on their behalf are encouraged to link their applications.

Kind regards,

Home Office Communications

Islandson
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by Islandson » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:01 pm

Islandson wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:55 pm
Anyone submitted their paper application in early December for settled status, received a decision yet? We got our COA dated Jan 09th, straight forward case, five years living here, all documents proving eligibility and still married.
I'm about to escalate our complaint to a senior staff member but I wanted to check with others first.
Thanks everyone
Hi everyone, so some good news for us today. My wife's application for settled status was approved on Jun 23rd. The online status still says that her details cannot be located; we called and they've logged the issue with tech support...BUT that doesnt matter, after 7 months, we're successful.

What now? we're going to apply for her citizenship.

Stay strong everyone, it'll all be okay.

tucumano
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by tucumano » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:13 pm

Just a timeline which may help those waiting:
Application is for my Argentine wife, we lived in Spain.

We returned to the UK on 21/12/17 after spending 10 months in Spain.
She received her UK Residence Card ( Family Member: EU Residence ) dated 29/8/18
Applied to EU Settlement Scheme 20/11/19 and received COA on 26/11/19.
Nothing happened for ages so around mid April 2020, we contacted the scheme using the online form. We got the standard reply saying process was taking longer due to coronavirus, be patient etc.
Nothing happened as we approached mid-June. Sent a second online form but this time said that it should be regarded as the start of the complaints process. Stated the length of delay was unacceptable and was affecting job applications/education funding possibilities etc. Specified that we would be contacting the MP.
Then, bingo, a letter arrives today, 2/7/20 stating Pre-settled status granted!
So, whole process took just over 7 months. That seems in keeping with other recent posts so I hope more of you will be getting good results soon. Good luck to everyone.

mikefruk
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mikefruk » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:32 am

Boo47 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:55 pm
Hi Mikefruk,
You know it doesn't matter when you have received your certificate of application (COA); your processing time if you're non Eu citizen starts from the day you submitted your fingerprint, and if you're Eu citizen from the day your identity document is received by the HO.
On the other hand, when I check my status online it says the details entered don't match our records, I didn't get the code yet as in my case the decision clearly is not issued, but I think we might receive that code soon as our applications are under consideration because I called the eu resolution last month and i've been told that my application is in progress; note Mike that there are five stages for the caseworker in surrender sign to process the application; in my view under consideration means when the application is in final stage where the caseworker declare the final decision after taking the four stages into consideration.
Obviously, this waiting time leads in my case leads to two major problems: prevents me from finding work and travelling; even when I went to open a bank account the COA is not accepted by NatWest, Santander... except Monzo and Nationwide.
Stay safe
Hi Bo,

As promised I want to share the great news. I have received this morning (04/07/2020) communication from the HO (Royal Mail Special Delivery before 1 pm) with my pre-settled status (as expected). Please note that the website still shows "The details entered don't match our records". This shows that the same that has happened to another member of this board has happened to me, the system does not update as fast as thought.

The Home Office sent me the approval letter (5 double-sided pages) with more information on rights and informing that my BRP card should arrive in 10 working days.

Please find below my updated timeline. It has been almost 7 months of waiting.

01/07/2019 - EEA Family Permit Entry Clearance issued from France
10/10/2019 - Moved to the UK
02/12/2019 - Paper Application Form requested from the HO
09/12/2019 - Application form received (post)
11/12/2019 - Application form submitted with all supporting original documents
15/12/2019 - Original passports returned with a biometric invitation letter
16/12/2019 - Biometric submitted at the local post office
06/01/2020 - COA received and dated 04/01/2020
17/06/2020 - Contacted my local MP and asked him to intervene
19/06/2020 - MP confirmed he sent a request to the Home Office and said I should for 10 days until the MP get a response from the Home Office.
04/07/2020 - Approval letter received, dated (02/07/2020)

I am not sure if the MP contact has helped or not, I am still waiting for the MP response, I will only know after he has got back to me. However, I will let him know today that I got the approval letter, just in case he spends more of his valuable time following up with the HO.

I will update you and the others here when I receive my BRP card.

My prayers for you BO, and to others who are waiting, is that you all can get the approval letter soon.

Thank you all.

Mike

mikefruk
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mikefruk » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:33 am

Boo47 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:55 pm
Hi Mikefruk,
On the other hand, when I check my status online it says the details entered don't match our records, I didn't get the code yet as in my case the decision clearly is not issued, but I think we might receive that code soon as our applications are under consideration because I called the eu resolution last month and i've been told that my application is in progress; note Mike that there are five stages for the caseworker in surrender sign to process the application; in my view under consideration means when the application is in final stage where the caseworker declare the final decision after taking the four stages into consideration.
Stay safe
Hi Bo,

As promised I want to share the great news. I have received this morning (04/07/2020) communication from the HO (Royal Mail Special Delivery before 1 pm) with my pre-settled status (as expected). Please note that the website still shows "The details entered don't match our records". This shows that the same that has happened to another member of this board has happened to me, the system does not update as fast as thought.

The Home Office sent me the approval letter (5 double-sided pages) with more information on rights and informing that my BRP card should arrive in 10 working days.

Please find below my updated timeline. It has been almost 7 months of waiting.

01/07/2019 - EEA Family Permit Entry Clearance issued from France
10/10/2019 - Moved to the UK
02/12/2019 - Paper Application Form requested from the HO
09/12/2019 - Application form received (post)
11/12/2019 - Application form submitted with all supporting original documents
15/12/2019 - Original passports returned with a biometric invitation letter
16/12/2019 - Biometric submitted at the local post office
06/01/2020 - COA received and dated 04/01/2020
17/06/2020 - Contacted my local MP and asked him to intervene
19/06/2020 - MP confirmed he sent a request to the Home Office and said I should for 10 days until the MP get a response from the Home Office.
04/07/2020 - Approval letter received, dated (02/07/2020)

I am not sure if the MP contact has helped or not, I am still waiting for the MP response, I will only know after he has got back to me. However, I will let him know today that I got the approval letter, just in case he spends more of his valuable time following up with the HO.

I will update you and the others here when I receive my BRP card.

My prayers for you BO, and to others who are waiting, is that you all can get the approval letter soon.

Thank you all.

Mike

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:12 am

Congratulations Mike :D :D, great news I'm so happy for you, finally your nightmare comes to an end. I wish you all the best.

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:39 pm

congratulations Mike
please could you tell how long did stay in France, when you came back to the UK Did you start working as Qualified British citizen, please which documents send to HO and did translated any French documents.
thanks

Mikefr
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Mikefr » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:50 am

JAMAA wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:39 pm
congratulations Mike
please could you tell how long did stay in France, when you came back to the UK Did you start working as Qualified British citizen, please which documents send to HO and did translated any French documents.
thanks
Thank you Jamaa,

My application pack was very succinct:

a. Completed Personalised application form (received from the EU Settlement Scheme team)
b. my original non EU passport
c. my partner’s original British passport
d. copy of my French EU Family Member Residence Card
e. copy of my partner’s EU French Residence Registration

Original passports, both, were returned within 5 days of sending them to the EU Settlement Scheme Team.

The copies sent were received 7 months after with the approval letter.

Ah.. application form:
I wrote a summary of our relationship and facts. I refused to keep answering all other already questions answered on the EU Family Permit visa application from France and kept answering this questions asking the case worker to refer to my partner’s passport page with the EU Family Permit granted in France by the UKVI.

We stayed in France for 12 months. I only started working in the UK in February, but sent my partner’s application within the 3 months period of arrival in the UK.

I hope this answers all your questions.

I wish your approval letter comes soon.

Keep safe.

Mike

mikefruk
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mikefruk » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:56 pm

Dear All,

I have received an email from my MP and he said that the HO has already finalised my application and he sent me a copy of their reply stating that. So, in other words, in my case, contacting the MP did not help at all. Maybe I should have contacted my MP earlier :? .

The online system still does not show my status and my BRP card has not arrived yet. I contacted the EU Settlement Scheme team and they said it takes few days for the system to replicate.

Keep safe.

Mike