ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Violetsareblue

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Violetsareblue » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:52 pm

jay287 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:21 pm
Hi violet,

Congratulations! I am very happy for you. I read somewhere that they have temporary post office brp enrolment.

As for myself I am happy as I was granted with scholarship I will start university this September. Still waiting for my decision. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Violetsareblue wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:23 am
Also I’m going to be appealing with with the help of my lawyer because the caseworker made many error ( like saying my husband was my dependent). I haven’t been with my ex husband since 2017 so I dont know why they said that. They also said that I’m educated to secondary school level and can speak English abit so I can return as a lone woman. This is mad because I have 6 children, two with special needs now and I have medical problems. I don’t have any family in My country (which was accepted) so I don’t know how I’d survive that to be honest so I don’t know what they’re thinking. I have no savings nothing Nothing.
They also failed to consider my mental health condition when they said my story wasn’t very accurate. My interview lasted 8 hours long, I was 6 months pregnant, I had a very bad interpreter( as I spoke in my native language) and they didn’t even give me breathing space. I don’t know why my caseworkers has no compassion in regards to these.
I’m going to try and appeal for first tier tribunal on based or Lone woman and Article 3 destitution and Dregrading treatment. If I’m lucky the happy days, if not I’ll just stick to my family life leave to remain.
Immigration is driving my mental.
Any advice on those who have appealed will be appreciated so I can be well prepared and not make any errors.
Thank you people🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
Hello Jay,
Thank you 🙏🏾 and hopefully you receive good news too as we had similar time frame. Congratulations on your scholarship too. My son too was lucky to get a scholarship to for university last year and he’s currently studying chemical Engineering. Free tuition and maintenance.
I’m really happy for you too 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:55 pm

shooroma wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:04 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:12 am
Hello everyone, I posted an update on my claim but I think it been deleted as I haven’t been able to access this website as it was undergoing maintenance.
I received a decision letter from the home on 3 days ago and it says I’ve been granted leave in the U.K. under Family life but my claim for asylum and humanitarian have been refused.
Firstly I’m just really happy that me and my children now have some form of leave to remain.
I have also been given deadline to enroll my brp so they I can prove my new status but all the centres are closed and I don’t know what to do. The phone number aren’t going through island I’m not able to book the appointment soo I’m really worried. Could someone advice on what to do please.
Hi Violetsareblue

Congratulations on being granted under family and private life although you wanted asylum which you are planning on appealing, but at least you now have leave to remain.
Thank you soo much. It does give me comfort knowing I have ltr whilst appealing.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:32 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Hello everyone, I posted an update on my claim but I think it been deleted as I haven’t been able to access this website as it was undergoing maintenance.
I received a decision letter from the home on 3 days ago and it says I’ve been granted leave in the U.K. under Family life but my claim for asylum and humanitarian have been refused.
Firstly I’m just really happy that me and my children now have some form of leave to remain.
I have also been given deadline to enroll my brp so they I can prove my new status but all the centres are closed and I don’t know what to do. The phone number aren’t going through island I’m not able to book the appointment soo I’m really worried. Could someone advice on what to do please.
Hi Violet,

Congratulations for your success and I'm so happy for you finally its time to jump out of stress. when I read your post I had little hope because my case has similar part as yours that I sent my daughter's British nationality certificate to HO last February . unfortunately my solicitor is not very useful as I been asking her to write chase letter since two months. last month she said she will write but still haven't heard anything yet. I'm not sure she did it or not. tried to contact her over the phone and sent many email last two weeks no reply yet just receptionist said home office just open back you have to be patient.
anyway good luck for your appeal too. can you kindly tell me when your solicitor sent chase up and how long it took to get reply back from HO. if you know please give me a advice what should I do in this situation to get update.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:42 pm

jay287 wrote:
Hi violet,

Congratulations! I am very happy for you. I read somewhere that they have temporary post office brp enrolment.

As for myself I am happy as I was granted with scholarship I will start university this September. Still waiting for my decision. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Violetsareblue wrote:
Also I’m going to be appealing with with the help of my lawyer because the caseworker made many error ( like saying my husband was my dependent). I haven’t been with my ex husband since 2017 so I dont know why they said that. They also said that I’m educated to secondary school level and can speak English abit so I can return as a lone woman. This is mad because I have 6 children, two with special needs now and I have medical problems. I don’t have any family in My country (which was accepted) so I don’t know how I’d survive that to be honest so I don’t know what they’re thinking. I have no savings nothing Nothing.
They also failed to consider my mental health condition when they said my story wasn’t very accurate. My interview lasted 8 hours long, I was 6 months pregnant, I had a very bad interpreter( as I spoke in my native language) and they didn’t even give me breathing space. I don’t know why my caseworkers has no compassion in regards to these.
I’m going to try and appeal for first tier tribunal on based or Lone woman and Article 3 destitution and Dregrading treatment. If I’m lucky the happy days, if not I’ll just stick to my family life leave to remain.
Any advice on those who have appealed will be appreciated so I can be well prepared and not make any errors.
Thank you people🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
Hi Jay,

Its glad to hear that you have granted scholarship. how about your accommodation process did you hear anything ?
I rang them yesterday regarding accommodation request then they said yesterday file been submitted to the HO and it will take 2 to 3 weeks to hear from HO. I'm still trying to get update from FSU but I think solicitor didn't send chase up even I requested to do so.

jay287

Post by jay287 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:15 pm

Hi violet,

Thank you so much. Well done to your son!amazing. I’ll take psychosocial studies. Keep us posted with your appeal.
Violetsareblue wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:52 pm
jay287 wrote:
Hi violet,

Violetsareblue wrote:
Thank you people🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
Hello Jay,
Thank you 🙏🏾 and hopefully you receive good news too as we had similar time frame. Congratulations on your scholarship too. My son too was lucky to get a scholarship to for university last year and he’s currently studying chemical Engineering. Free tuition and maintenance.

jay287

Post by jay287 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:18 pm

Hi senu,

Thank you. I haven’t heard anything from them. I called last week for an update for my accommodation but they said no action taken yet. My support worker said they will chase them. Any news from your solicitor? I don’t have any yet, it’s been more than a month since my solicitor replied to HO for updated legal consent.

senu14 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:42 pm
jay287 wrote:
Hi violet,

Violetsareblue wrote:
Thank you people🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
Hi Jay,

Its glad to hear that you have granted scholarship. how about your accommodation process did you hear anything ?
I rang them yesterday regarding accommodation request then they said yesterday file been submitted to the HO and it will take 2 to 3 weeks to hear from HO. I'm still trying to get update from FSU but I think solicitor didn't send chase up even I requested to do so.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:42 pm

jay287 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:18 pm
Hi senu,

Thank you. I haven’t heard anything from them. I called last week for an update for my accommodation but they said no action taken yet. My support worker said they will chase them. Any news from your solicitor? I don’t have any yet, it’s been more than a month since my solicitor replied to HO for updated legal consent.

senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi violet,

Violetsareblue wrote:
Thank you people🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
Hi Jay,

jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi violet,

Violetsareblue wrote:
Thank you people🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
Hi Jay,

Hi Jay,
I'm not sure my solicitor did send chase letter or not as she doesn't reply me at all when I asked about it. If soliciotor sent out chase up letter to HO, are they asking my consent to reply for solicitor or not. I keep hope at least MP letter will helpful because my MP would like to write behalf of me. I will post here if i hear anything.

jay287

Post by jay287 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:52 pm

Hi senu,

I asked my solicitor for an update but she hasn’t replied as well. Next week I will ring my solicitor and accommodation people. Yes MP is good as someone told me ho replied after 2 weeks when MP sent a chase letter.

Let’s keep each other posted.
senu14 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:42 pm
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi violet,

Hi Jay,

jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi violet,

Hi Jay,

Hi Jay,
I'm not sure my solicitor did send chase letter or not as she doesn't reply me at all when I asked about it. If soliciotor sent out chase up letter to HO, are they asking my consent to reply for solicitor or not. I keep hope at least MP letter will helpful because my MP would like to write behalf of me. I will post here if i hear anything.

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:35 pm

senu14 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:32 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:
Hi Violet,

Congratulations for your success and I'm so happy for you finally its time to jump out of stress. when I read your post I had little hope because my case has similar part as yours that I sent my daughter's British nationality certificate to HO last February . unfortunately my solicitor is not very useful as I been asking her to write chase letter since two months. last month she said she will write but still haven't heard anything yet. I'm not sure she did it or not. tried to contact her over the phone and sent many email last two weeks no reply yet just receptionist said home office just open back you have to be patient.
anyway good luck for your appeal too. can you kindly tell me when your solicitor sent chase up and how long it took to get reply back from HO. if you know please give me a advice what should I do in this situation to get update.
Hi Senu, I told my lawyer to send chase up letter along with my child passport in February. I also kept calling migrant help to keep escalating adding my new child to my support like 5 time as the home office didn’t add him because he was British. I think I was just lucky with them deciding my claim sooner but I think it’s because it’s initial decision and not fresh claim.. I’ll keep u in my prayer hopefully you guys hear good news. I’ll be really happy for you and Jay.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:42 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:35 pm
senu14 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:32 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:
Hi Violet,

Hi Senu, I told my lawyer to send chase up letter along with my child passport in February. I also kept calling migrant help to keep escalating adding my new child to my support like 5 time as the home office didn’t add him because he was British. I think I was just lucky with them deciding my claim sooner but I think it’s because it’s initial decision and not fresh claim.. I’ll keep u in my prayer hopefully you guys hear good news. I’ll be really happy for you and Jay.
Hi Violet,
Thank you for your reply. I thought same as your one asylum initial decision i could be faster than further submission. But this waiting is very stressful specially with kids this life isn't easy hope you know that well. My solicitor keep telling me is not useful sending chase letter in covid situation they get same reply from HO saying decision making process will be delay than usual. But i heard from many people HO reply with timeframe even in lockdown. anyway good luck for your future plans.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:12 am

Violetsareblue wrote:
Hi Violet,
may i asked you that you have given leave to remain without you gave biometric or what does it mean you should enrol BRP in given deadline. sorry but i didnt understand it clearly because I'm thinking my claim decision process will not start untill we give biometric so this mean they make decision without biometric available
it's a silly question but i'm so confused

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:55 pm

senu14 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:12 am
Violetsareblue wrote:
Hi Violet,
may i asked you that you have given leave to remain without you gave biometric or what does it mean you should enrol BRP in given deadline. sorry but i didnt understand it clearly because I'm thinking my claim decision process will not start untill we give biometric so this mean they make decision without biometric available
Hi Senu,
My decision letter says I’ve been granted leave to remain under family life. They also included a biometric enrolment letter saying I should do it within 7 working days so they can send me a brp.
It’ll take 5-10 day after enrollment to receive my biometric card as I already have decision. I hope I was able to explain better.
Also 7 working days have passed and I haven’t done it because every centre is closed🥴

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:40 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:55 pm
senu14 wrote:
Violetsareblue wrote:
Hi Violet,
Hi Senu,
My decision letter says I’ve been granted leave to remain under family life. They also included a biometric enrolment letter saying I should do it within 7 working days so they can send me a brp.
It’ll take 5-10 day after enrollment to receive my biometric card as I already have decision. I hope I was able to explain better.
Also 7 working days have passed and I haven’t done it because every centre is closed🥴
If you received a letter with a barcode to do biometrics, you need to go the post office with the letter and not a UKCVAS centre. The letter should clearly state this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:18 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:55 pm
senu14 wrote:
Violetsareblue wrote:
Hi Violet,
Hi Senu,
Hi Jay,

Thank you for explanation and sorry to hear still you could not make it. As much as i know brp for asylum cases need do at home office not post office but with this situation it could be change. Anyway wish you able to do that as soon as possible.

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:50 am

The letter doesn’t have a barcode. I went to the post office last week after I couldn’t get through to the centres but they couldn’t do it as it didn’t have a barcode.
I don’t understand why they’ll give a deadline when the Ho know that all centres are closed. Would it won’t cause any issues as I’ve passed the deadline?

jay287

Post by jay287 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:48 pm

Hi senu Hi violet,

Thanks for the kind words violet. Still praying that I will hear an update for my case. Sorry I’ve been busy.

Senu I received a call from outreach team for my accommodation. She asked me for documents and request of accommodation statement. Did you hear any news?

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well.
Violetsareblue wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:50 am
The letter doesn’t have a barcode. I went to the post office last week after I couldn’t get through to the centres but they couldn’t do it as it didn’t have a barcode.
I don’t understand why they’ll give a deadline when the Ho know that all centres are closed. Would it won’t cause any issues as I’ve passed the deadline?

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:22 pm

jay287 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:48 pm
Hi senu Hi violet,

Thanks for the kind words violet. Still praying that I will hear an update for my case. Sorry I’ve been busy.

Senu I received a call from outreach team for my accommodation. She asked me for documents and request of accommodation statement. Did you hear any news?

Violetsareblue wrote:
Hi Jay,
I didn’t hear anything so far as migrant help mentioned it might take few weeks after submitting self statement so I’m in second week now. Let’s wait and see. It’s good sign that they asked you to provide statement that’s mean they started the process . for pending further submission still waiting to hear. Day by day stress level increase no news from MP either yet.

jay287

Post by jay287 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:09 pm

Hi senu,
It’s tough time’s especially the pandemic is not belong. But keep the faith we will get there one day.

Hopefully they will consider my request of area too. Did you request for one? I still didn’t hear anything for my permission to work application.
senu14 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:22 pm
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu Hi violet,

Violetsareblue wrote:
Hi Jay,
I didn’t hear anything so far as migrant help mentioned it might take few weeks after submitting self statement so I’m in second week now. Let’s wait and see. It’s good sign that they asked you to provide statement that’s mean they started the process . for pending further submission still waiting to hear. Day by day stress level increase no news from MP either yet.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:01 am

jay287 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:09 pm
Hi senu,
It’s tough time’s especially the pandemic is not belong. But keep the faith we will get there one day.

Hopefully they will consider my request of area too. Did you request for one? I still didn’t hear anything for my permission to work application.
senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu Hi violet,

Violetsareblue wrote:
Hi Jay,
Hello Jay,
Yes I did request area that’s We are living for 10 years Cambridge. Keep praying I could get it same area but never heard anyone got accommodation in Cambridge. I didn’t apply for work right because it will not useful for me as mother of three kids at the moment I have to made my mind to stay away from work for sometimes.
Pray for you to get your prefer area of accommodation and work right 🙏

jay287

Post by jay287 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:41 pm

Hi senu,

Thank you. Praying that we both get our preferred accommodation. And news of our application
senu14 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:01 am
jay287 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:09 pm
Hi senu,

senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu Hi violet,

Hi Jay,
Hello Jay,
Yes I did request area that’s We are living for 10 years Cambridge. Keep praying I could get it same area but never heard anyone got accommodation in Cambridge. I didn’t apply for work right because it will not useful for me as mother of three kids at the moment I have to made my mind to stay away from work for sometimes.
Pray for you to get your prefer area of accommodation and work right 🙏

jay287

Post by jay287 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:42 pm

Hi violet,

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

That might give you enlightenment for your biometric.
Violetsareblue wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:52 pm
jay287 wrote:
Hi violet,

Violetsareblue wrote:
Thank you people🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
Hello Jay,

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:04 pm

Thank you Jay.

Glamchic
Newly Registered

Post by Glamchic » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:30 pm

Hello everyone,
I've claim asylum in August 19
my main interview on 24 feb 20
And biometrics on 28 feb 20
I was staying with my friends and now requested for NASS accommodation on 23 june when i called migrant help for an update they said they forwarded my request to home office on 3rd July
My question is..Home office requested for medical letter confirmation from my mental health care on 1st July is it related to accommodation or decision making

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:58 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:04 pm
Thank you Jay.
Hi Violet,

Did you manage to get your brp done or still waiting for it. from your experience could your tell me how long will it take to get accommodation after been success of accommodation request. yesterday i rang migrant help to get an update regards my accommodation request then they said application success and waiting for home office arrangements .

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:22 pm

senu14 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:58 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:04 pm
Thank you Jay.
Hi Violet,

Did you manage to get your brp done or still waiting for it. from your experience could your tell me how long will it take to get accommodation after been success of accommodation request. yesterday i rang migrant help to get an update regards my accommodation request then they said application success and waiting for home office arrangements .
Hello Senu,
Unfortunately I still haven’t done my biometrics as Ukvcas are not open for new customers to book appointments. They’re doing it month by month and now they’re only doing brp appointment for those that registered in May so still waiting for updates on their website.

I got my accommodation if I remember clearly within 4-5 days and then we were given a date to move in which was about 1 and half weeks after getting the letter.