ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Translation of payslips - ss route

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kumar1038
Cameroon

moving to UK under ss route

Post by Kumar1038 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:54 pm

Hi members ,
I am British citizen working and living in Netherlands for last one year . My wife is from India and is on her company work permit in Netherlands .She is not on dependant visa .We got married two years ago. We have been living in a rented property from last one year in Netherlands .

Now , we want to move back to Uk after her visa finishes ..that will be in 6 months .
My question is are we eligibile for Surinder sing route . if yes, what will be the requirements to fulfill ?
can you guys please send me the proper link to apply or get more information .TIA

secret.simon

Re: moving to UK under Surinder Singh route route

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:26 pm

I think (not certain) that the SS route will close at the end of this year, when the transition period comes to an end.

So you would want to look at moving to the UK with your wife before then.

Also start gathering data about how you moved the center of your life to the Netherlands in the period that you were living there. So proof of any local volunteering, joining language classes, etc.

But wait for others to advise further.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:56 pm

Kumar1038 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:54 pm
can you guys please send me the proper link to apply or get more information .TIA
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:37 am

No. Surinder Singh only applies if your spouse was in the EU country as your dependent family member, ie, her visa and residence permission were based on her status as your qualified family member. As you say she is residing there on a work permit, Surinder Singh route does not apply to her.
Also it will be closed to UK citizens at the end of 2020 anyway.

Kumar1038
Cameroon

Post by Kumar1038 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:36 pm

Granista wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:37 am
No. Surinder Singh only applies if your spouse was in the EU country as your dependent family member, ie, her visa and residence permission were based on her status as your qualified family member. As you say she is residing there on a work permit, Surinder Singh route does not apply to her.
Also it will be closed to UK citizens at the end of 2020 anyway.
Thank you secret simon and cr001 .
Yes , she is not dependant on me .Then that means i am not qualified for surinder singh route .
Thank you for the information

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:40 pm

If her residence with you in the EEA country was genuine, then it may be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:50 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:26 pm
Also start gathering data about how you moved the center of your life to the Netherlands in the period that you were living there. So proof of any local volunteering, joining language classes, etc.
Note ZA.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:59 am

That case is completely irrelevant, since the spouse was a dependent family member. Your spouse is on a work permit, her current permission is completely independent of you, and therefore Surinder Singh does not apply to you.

Kumar1038
Cameroon

Post by Kumar1038 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:49 pm

Thank you vinny and Granista.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:21 am

Granista wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:59 am
That case is completely irrelevant, since the spouse was a dependent family member. Your spouse is on a work permit, her current permission is completely independent of you, and therefore Surinder Singh does not apply to you.
Having an EU Residence card in the EU country for spouse isn’t compulsory. Therefore, I believe it shouldn’t matter, if his wife had an independent work permit. She is automatically his family member via their marriage. He was working. It may be necessary and sufficient that she was his family member and residing with him there for an appropriate time, etc.

Kumar1038
Cameroon

Post by Kumar1038 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:23 am

Thank you Vinni for your clarification

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:38 am

Being his family member is only half the point. For Surinder Singh, the family member has to be in the other member state AS a family member. That is literally the point of SS.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:17 am

Secretary of State for the Home Department v Christy [2018] EWCA Civ 2378 (25 October 2018).
7. ....Ms Christy was granted entry and a right of residence by the Polish authorities under Poland's ordinary domestic immigration rules; she had no need to seek to rely on any rights she might have as the durable partner of an EU citizen in order to obtain these benefits.

40. .... On this interpretation of the judgment, what matters is whether the relevant rights of an EU citizen and his or her family member existed or not in the circumstances of the case, rather than whether they happen to have been exercised or not (in the sense of being directly and explicitly relied upon in their dealings with the immigration authorities of the relationship Member State).

49. Secondly, however, it would not be open to the Secretary of State to adopt a policy which stipulated that the absence of a decision based on Article 3(2) of the Directive from the immigration authorities of the relationship Member State is a relevant factor to be taken into account when considering such an application for a residence card by the durable partner of a returning British citizen, where the durable partner had not made an application based on Article 3(2) because she had no need or occasion to make an application to those immigration authorities based on that provision. In that type of case, the absence of such a decision by those immigration authorities in relation to Article 3(2) would provide the Secretary of State with no assistance whatever regarding his evaluation of the circumstances in which the applicant formed the relevant durable relationship with the returning British citizen and would provide no assistance whatever in relation to the question whether she ought now to be granted a residence card in the UK. This is, of course, the position in relation to Ms Christy in the present proceedings.

Kumar1038
Cameroon

Post by Kumar1038 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:10 am

Thank you Vinny for your time . I am going thru the link you have provided .

Mian943
Newly Registered

Post by Mian943 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:03 pm

Kumar1038 wrote:
Hi members ,
I am British citizen working and living in Netherlands for last one year . My wife is from India and is on her company work permit in Netherlands .She is not on dependant visa .We got married two years ago. We have been living in a rented property from last one year in Netherlands .

Now , we want to move back to Uk after her visa finishes ..that will be in 6 months .
My question is are we eligibile for Surinder sing route . if yes, what will be the requirements to fulfill ?
Dear Kummar,
I hope you are well.
I have read your post regarding SS rute. I am also in same boat but my situation is bit different then you. My wife is from Pakistan and she is here on my dependent visa.
Recently we granted Dutch Residence card under withdrawal agreement 18 and now I am planing to move back to Ulster same time.
Please let me know when you apply for SS and any outcome of your application.
Best Regards.

Br28016
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Br28016 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:43 pm

Just noticed the reference to moving back to Ulster and wondered if you were born there and met definition of relevant person of N Ireland as detailed in document below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _PRINT.pdf

Changes take effect from 24th August and are probably easier option if you qualify for definition of relevant person of Northern Ireland.

Kumar1038
Cameroon

Post by Kumar1038 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:56 pm

Mian943 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:03 pm
Kumar1038 wrote:
Hi members ,

Dear Kummar,
I hope you are well.
I have read your post regarding Surinder Singh route rute. I am also in same boat but my situation is bit different then you. My wife is from Pakistan and she is here on my dependent visa.
Recently we granted Dutch Residence card under withdrawal agreement 18 and now I am planing to move back to Ulster same time.
Please let me know when you apply for Surinder Singh route and any outcome of your application.
Best Regards.
Dear Mian943
yes definitley i will post you as soon as i apply .

Kumar1038
Cameroon

Translation of payslips - ss route

Post by Kumar1038 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:37 pm

I m British national living in Netherlands and applying for my spouse to Uk under SS route .
We have few documents and paystubs which are in Dutch . Do we need we get them translated to English before applying. If yes where can we get translated for official purposes . Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Translation of payslips - Surinder Singh route route

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:37 am

Kumar1038 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:37 pm
I m British national living in Netherlands and applying for my spouse to Uk under Surinder Singh route route .
We have few documents and paystubs which are in Dutch . Do we need we get them translated to English before applying. If yes where can we get translated for official purposes . Thank you
I suggest you read the topic below, specifically the posts by Obie and Secret.simon. It is possible that it might be too late now to use the Surinder Singh route back to the UK.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-r ... l#p1895857
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.