ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Upload documents to UKVCAS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Laller
Hungary

Citizenship form help

Post by Laller » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:26 pm

Hi everyone,
Thank you for the forum and for the lots of helpful informations...

I have a few questions I am worrying about..
I am applying for British Citizenship ONLINE (naturalisation). I am an EEA citizen. There are some questions not clear for me..
1. My mothers name..if someone applying by post using the AN form it is asking for: "your mothers full name and maiden name. BUT online just asking for "your mothers name".
2. I am from EAA country so there is not any stamps in my passport. But it is asking for where did I landed in the UK. It can be Heathrow OR Dyce as well. I have no idea. What should I answer? Also asking for exact dates for my holidays..can anyone remember to this dates? Overall I was abroad 2x2 weeks and 1x3weeks. But I cant tell exactly when..
I have read the AN guidance and nationality form guidance but unfortunatelly there is difference between the online and the paper application. :x
Thanks a lot if someone can help!

alterhase58
Germany

Citizenship form help

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:56 pm

Laller wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:26 pm
Hi everyone,
Thank you for the forum and for the lots of helpful informations...

I have a few questions I am worrying about..
I am applying for British Citizenship ONLINE (naturalisation). I am an EEA citizen. There are some questions not clear for me..
1. My mothers name..if someone applying by post using the AN form it is asking for: "your mothers full name and maiden name. BUT online just asking for "your mothers name". Just enter the name as is. First Name & Last Name.
2. I am from EAA country so there is not any stamps in my passport. But it is asking for where did I landed in the UK. It can be Heathrow OR Dyce as well. I have no idea. What should I answer? Also asking for exact dates for my holidays..can anyone remember to this dates? Overall I was abroad 2x2 weeks and 1x3weeks. But I cant tell exactly when.. Just state London for arrival place. For absences give your best estimates - month/year will be sufficient. Make sure you were physically in the UK five years back from the application date.
I have read the AN guidance and nationality form guidance but unfortunatelly there is difference between the online and the paper application. :x
Thanks a lot if someone can help! In the UK the application is online only. Your should not read too much into slight differences in the wording online and the old paper form.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Laller
Hungary

Re: Citizenship form help

Post by Laller » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:41 pm

Thank you for your answer alterhase58! Don't I know well as the old paper form is still in use? It can be used if there is no online access. Isn't it?
Don't know why but there is no guidance for the online application.. or might be just I didn't find it..
There is that question: ''have you made any previous uk immigration applications''..I have permanent resident document so when I made my application for my card that was an immigration application. Wasn't it?. But it had been asked for my permanent resident document number before in the online application. Or, the application for PRD wasn't an immigration application? Somehow is not clear...

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:36 pm

The paper form is mainly for applicants who are based in Crown Dependencies (Isle of Man, Channel Islands, e.g.) who submit these to the their local government. Applications within the UK, naturalisation, ILR, etc are all online now. And it's easier because you just scan and upload your documents instead of sending originals. Some of the guidance isn't worded very elegantly ....
Your PR was an immigration application so should be mentioned.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Hello,
Just to double check...(sorry)
So you say I should use her current name?

In my birth certification my mother name appears as her maiden name. But now she uses my fathers name. So if during my naturalisation HO would check my birth certification and in my application I would use her current name? Or they don't check Birth certification?

Sorry, it is not clear for me. And application cost too much not to check everything 3x..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:12 pm

Laller wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm
Hello,
Just to double check...(sorry)
So you say I should use her current name?

In my birth certification my mother name appears as her maiden name. But now she uses my fathers name. So if during my naturalisation HO would check my birth certification and in my application I would use her current name? Or they don't check Birth certification?

Sorry, it is not clear for me. And application cost too much not to check everything 3x..
You are not required to submit your birth certificate. Simply state her name as it is now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:02 pm

Ok, great!

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOU TRYING TO HELP US!!

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:06 pm

Hi, I am at the part when I check my answers..

Asking for my "Document certifying permanent residency" number. Should I submit it with the UKF letters at the begining or without them? (UKF 1234567)

Also asking for my "Immigration application reference number". But which one is that?
1. I got one "Application reference number" when I submitted my application to UKVI and they sent it back with my name as payment succesfull. (UKVI_1ABC234567890)

2. A day later another e-mail from ukvi: " case ID'' (12345678)

3. A day later: Unique application number from UKVCAS.. 1234-1234-1234-1234-12.

I think the 1st but just to make sure.

Laller
Hungary

Form AN naturalisation queries

Post by Laller » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:46 pm

Hello everyone, I am filling my application for naturalisation but I have few silly questions..
1.) Is permanent resident document number start with UKF. Should I include the letters or not? (UKF1234457 OR 1234567)

2.) I am employed yet but I am going to be redundant with the date 31/07/2020. How can I let UKVI know about it after I submit my application? I found this address: UK visas and Immigrations, The capital building, Liverpool, L3 9PP. Is this the best way to let them know about it? Would this affect my case? If not, even not If I would be without job for a time?

Thank you for every advice!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Form AN naturalisation queries

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:58 pm

Posts merged. Please keep all your questions in your own topic!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:59 pm

Laller wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:46 pm
Hello everyone, I am filling my application for naturalisation but I have few silly questions..
1.) Is permanent resident document number start with UKF. Should I include the letters or not? (UKF1234457 OR 1234567)

2.) I am employed yet but I am going to be redundant with the date 31/07/2020. How can I let UKVI know about it after I submit my application? I found this address: UK visas and Immigrations, The capital building, Liverpool, L3 9PP. Is this the best way to let them know about it? Would this affect my case? If not, even not If I would be without job for a time?

Thank you for every advice!
1. Complete as per what the form allows.

2. Employment is not mandatory for citizenship and there is no need to inform ukvi.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:28 pm

Thank you so much!

Laller
Hungary

Proof of living in the UK-EEA

Post by Laller » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:41 pm

Hi everyone,
I am from an EEA country and I am wondering what would be the best to proof of living in the UK for my naturalisation.
I have all of my p60s, also I got a fresh employment history from HMRC.
Is this enough to proof of living in the UK for my qualifying period?
I noticed just now that on one of my p60 address' house number is wrong. Is this still acceptable?

My other supporting documents would be: passport, document certifying permanent residency, 2 referee declaration, language test certificate and I have a letter from my employer to proof the date I started on when I moved to the UK too.
Is there anything else needed?
Thank you for your advice!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Proof of living in the UK-EEA

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:44 am

P60s are fine (your employer submits them to HMRC) - also the other documents you listed. Assume you have also LITUK.

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:54 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:44 am
P60s are fine (your employer submits them to HMRC) - also the other documents you listed. Assume you have also LITUK.
Thank you for your answer alterhase58!
Yes, I have passed LITUK I just didn't list it because that just a reference number, not a document.
Is the p60 with wrong adress acceptable?
Thank you for all of your help!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:23 am

P60 is ok because it's an official document your employer sends to HMRC every year. As long as the tax reference and NI is correct I see no issue.

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:23 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:23 am
P60 is ok because it's an official document your employer sends to HMRC every year. As long as the tax reference and NI is correct I see no issue.
Great! Thank you so much!

I really appreciate your help and respect to all trying to help us on this site!

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:01 pm

Hiya, just a couple questions..
Is my document certifying permanent residency valid without signature?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:00 pm

Laller wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:01 pm
Is a signature required? Not aware that is a requirement - is there a field for signature - whose?

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:46 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:00 pm
Laller wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:01 pm
Is a signature required? Not aware that is a requirement - is there a field for signature - whose?
Yes, but actually not on the side where my photo is.
There is also space to provide my address.
I don't think it is required, but it would be good to know.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:12 pm

Can't help with any reference to the regulations (if there is one). Suffice to say there have been no reports of this being an issue. You could still sign it and add your address of course as it's your property, just in case of loss.

Laller
Hungary

Problem with UKVCAS account

Post by Laller » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:17 am

Hi everyone,
I would need your advice, I don't know what should I do. Something went wrong...
I submitted my application for naturalisation, but I can't create a UKVCAS account.
I sent an email to UKVCAS about I can't create an account because the 'book an appointment' icon at the last step takes me to the ukvcas login site instead of create an account site. I didn't even got email from ukvcas to create account. This is what they reply:

Thank you for your enquiry.
Once you have completed your application with UKVI, you will be directed to create a UKVCAS account and should receive an email regarding this. You will be automatically taken to the appointment booking process. If you would like to come back at a later time and complete the appointment booking process, please visit the UKVCAS website (https://ukvcas.co.uk), log in to your account and follow the steps provided. The login link is at the top-right of the UKVCAS website (https://ukvcas.co.uk) home page.
Alternatively, you can contact our support team on the following numbers: 0900 165 6600 (inside the UK) or +44900 165 6600 (outside the UK). Calls cost £2.50 per minute plus your standard network rate and access charge. Our lines are open 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday.

Soo...I am still missing my UKVCAS account. What should I do?

I've already checked my spam and junk folders. I did not get any email from ukvcas. Nothing. I just got 2 emails from ukvi. The first when I paid for my naturalisation confirming my paiment and the other the following day as ukvi received my application. Nothing else. I have sent these infos to ukvcas too. I just don't know what else should I do..

I'm just wondering..can I use my same account I used before when I applied for my permanent resident document? I suppose I should have another account now, for naturalisation. Shouldn't I?
I hope someone can give me some advice..
Thank you!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Problem with UKVCAS account

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:13 am

Laller wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:17 am
Hi everyone,
I would need your advice, I don't know what should I do. Something went wrong...
I submitted my application for naturalisation, but I can't create a UKVCAS account.
I sent an email to UKVCAS about I can't create an account because the 'book an appointment' icon at the last step takes me to the ukvcas login site instead of create an account site. I didn't even got email from ukvcas to create account. This is what they reply:

Once you have completed your application with UKVI, you will be directed to create a UKVCAS account and should receive an email regarding this. You will be automatically taken to the appointment booking process. If you would like to come back at a later time and complete the appointment booking process, please visit the UKVCAS website (https://ukvcas.co.uk), log in to your account and follow the steps provided. The login link is at the top-right of the UKVCAS website (https://ukvcas.co.uk) home page.
Alternatively, you can contact our support team on the following numbers: 0900 165 6600 (inside the UK) or +44900 165 6600 (outside the UK). Calls cost £2.50 per minute plus your standard network rate and access charge. Our lines are open 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday.

I've already checked my spam and junk folders. I did not get any email from ukvcas. Nothing. I just got 2 emails from ukvi. The first when I paid for my naturalisation confirming my paiment and the other the following day as ukvi received my application. Nothing else. I have sent these infos to ukvcas too. I just don't know what else should I do..

I'm just wondering..can I use my same account I used before when I applied for my permanent resident document? I suppose I should have another account now, for naturalisation. Shouldn't I?
Thank you!
Are you using the same email address which you used for ILR? For UKVI & UKVCAS registration purpose.

When you say another account.. do you mean you still have access to your ILR UKVCAS account?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Laller
Hungary

Post by Laller » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:16 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:13 am
Laller wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:17 am
Hi everyone,

Thank you!
Are you using the same email address which you used for ILR? For UKVI & UKVCAS registration purpose.

When you say another account.. do you mean you still have access to your ILR UKVCAS account?
Yes, the email address was the same.
I did not try to access to my 'old' account because it says I would have 3 attempts and I already tried once.
I don't know what happened..

BUT... FINALLY
I phoned UKVCAS and I got an advice to click on the 'forgot password' link and then I was able to get my access code and link. So it has been sorted now..

Thank you for your help!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:27 pm

I was going to tell you the same “forget my password link”. I just wanted to make sure that you used the same email. It happened exactly to me and I retrieved it with “forget my password” also. Good your sorted now.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.