ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short term extension or alternative for Spousal Visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jlcwonderboy
Newly Registered

Short term visa to add to Spousal visa?

Post by jlcwonderboy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:18 pm

My wife is Australian and has been living in the UK with me over the last 2.5 years on a Spousal visa (I am a UK citizen, we have been married for three years and have two children).

This visa is due to expire in September, and although I know we can apply to extend this for another 2.5 years (at a cost of £1k), we actually have plans to emigrate all together to Australia at the end of the year or very early in 2021.

Is there any other 'short term' visa that she would be able to apply for to stay in the UK for say 6 months or so without us needing to shell out £1k for a 2.5 year visa that we will not need? I should note that she has already quit her job, and so will not be working during this period.

Are there any other options?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Short term visa to add to Spousal visa?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:33 pm

Is there any other 'short term' visa that she would be able to apply for to stay in the UK for say 6 months or so without us needing to shell out £1k for a 2.5 year visa that we will not need?
No there is not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jlcwonderboy
Newly Registered

Short term visa to add to Spousal visa?

Post by jlcwonderboy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:05 pm

My wife is Australian and has been living in the UK with me over the last 2.5 years on a Spousal visa (I am a UK citizen, we have been married for three years and have two children).

This visa is due to expire in September, and although I know we can apply to extend this for another 2.5 years (at a cost of £1k), we actually have plans to emigrate all together to Australia at the end of the year or very early in 2021.

Is there any other 'short term' visa that she would be able to apply for to stay in the UK for say 6 months or so without us needing to shell out £1k for a 2.5 year visa that we will not need? I should note that she has already quit her job, and so will not be working during this period.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Short term visa to add to Spousal visa?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:33 pm
Is there any other 'short term' visa that she would be able to apply for to stay in the UK for say 6 months or so without us needing to shell out £1k for a 2.5 year visa that we will not need?
No there is not.
Already answered earlier today when posted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jlcwonderboy
Newly Registered

Short term extension or alternative for Spousal Visa?

Post by jlcwonderboy » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:53 am

My wife is Australian and has been living in the UK for nearly 8 years on a succession of different visas, and for the last 2.5 years on a Spousal visa (I am a UK citizen, we have been married for three years and have two children).

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Short term extension or alternative for Spousal Visa?

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:59 am

jlcwonderboy wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:53 am
My wife is Australian and has been living in the UK for nearly 8 years on a succession of different visas, and for the last 2.5 years on a Spousal visa (I am a UK citizen, we have been married for three years and have two children).

Is there any other 'short term' visa that she would be able to apply for to stay in the UK for say 6 months or so without us needing to shell out £1k for a 2.5 year visa that we will not need? I should note that she has already quit her job, and so will not be working during this period. Not aware of any short term visa to be applied for within the UK to cater for this need of yours.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Short term extension or alternative for Spousal Visa?

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:07 am

Topics Merged (click to read forum rule)!

Your question was already answered on 29th June when you asked. There is no change to the answer already given. Her only option would be a spouse visa extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)