ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need to apply for visa extension but lose my job please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ith

Need to apply for visa extension but lose my job please help

Post by Ith » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:38 am

Hi everyone hope you all keep safe.

First time posting on here. My wife visa is coming to end in September and i have book the A2.1 test next week.

Because of this covid virus im going to be made Redundancy company is still processing this and i dont know if i going to lose my job yet they said 45% is going to lose their jobs. I only work for them for 1 year.

My salary was over 18600 without overtime also last few months i was furlough so only got 80%. If i lose my job and its going to be hard to even find well paid job that this time because of covid.

We have 18 month old baby she was born here. Because of the baby my wife did not work in the uk.

Anyone advice me thanks.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Need to apply for visa extension but lose my job please help

Post by geoeng » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:54 am

Changes to the minimum income and adequate maintenance requirement -
If you’ve experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus, we will consider employment income for the period immediately before the loss of income due to coronavirus, provided the requirement was met for at least 6 months up to March 2020.

If your salary has reduced because you’re furloughed, we will take account of your income as though you’re earning 100% of your salary.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

That said, if you do lose your job, it will likely be in your best interests to get whatever work you can that meets the financial requirement as you would then likely meet the requirement using Category B. If you have any cash savings over £16,000 held for at least six months, this can also be used towards the financial requirement.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:39 am

What visa are you here on, and is it dependant on you having a job here? i.e. T2 visa? How long have you and wife been in UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:02 am

THO wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:39 am
What visa are you here on, and is it dependant on you having a job here? i.e. T2 visa? How long have you and wife been in UK?
The OPs wife is on a spouse settlement visa and needs a FLR(M) extension, hence posting in the Immigration for Family sub forum and not a Tier 1 or Tier 2 sub forum. Usually useful to read a users previous posts if uncertain.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ith

Post by Ith » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:34 am

Hi all thx for the info..

Im looking for any job i can find. I dont have any saving as i spend all my money on my house i got a mortgage in December 2019.

My salary has been over 18600 even with gov 80%

So its best to find any job i can find. What will happen if i dont manage to find one

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:28 am

Ith wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:34 am

Im looking for any job i can find. I dont have any saving as i spend all my money on my house i got a mortgage in December 2019.

So its best to find any job i can find. What will happen if i dont manage to find one
You still have employment right now. Can you check counting from the date of entry of your spouse into UK if the September you mentioned will be your spouse 30months or 33months in UK.

Ith

Post by Ith » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:03 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:28 am
Ith wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:34 am

You still have employment right now. Can you check counting from the date of entry of your spouse into UK if the September you mentioned will be your spouse 30months or 33months in UK.
She been 30 months, 20 days for today.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:17 pm

Do you mean as of today she has spent 30months and 20 day already?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:46 pm

geoeng wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:54 am
If you’ve experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus, we will consider employment income for the period immediately before the loss of income due to coronavirus, provided the requirement was met for at least 6 months up to March 2020.

If your salary has reduced because you’re furloughed, we will take account of your income as though you’re earning 100% of your salary.
I think that temporary concession only applies where the income has been lost instead the job. However, due to a lot of redundancies are expected around September & October when furlough scheme will totally be obliterated there might be few concessions offered. In above condition the extension should be applied with a strong persuasive covering letter requesting to consider the income until the date of application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:01 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:46 pm
I think that temporary concession only applies where the income has been lost instead the job. However, due to a lot of redundancies are expected around September & October when furlough scheme will totally be obliterated there might be few concessions offered. In above condition the extension should be applied with a strong persuasive covering letter requesting to consider the income until the date of application.
As it's not stated explicitly that it also applies to lost jobs, I would tend to agree, I just thought it best to post the exact text of the section in its entirety. Particularly given the government's recent tendency to provide guidance and then have to come back later to clarify what exactly they mean and who it applies to.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Ith

Post by Ith » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:10 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:17 pm
Yes thats correct

Ith

Post by Ith » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:14 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:46 pm
geoeng wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:54 am

Im going to ask work for letter with current status. Thanks all for info

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:45 pm

Ith wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:10 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:17 pm
Yes thats correct
It means as of now with regards to time already spent in UK she is qualified to apply for the extension.
If you meet other requirements e.g. English test, financial requirements, getting the evidence of cohabitation etc then you can put in the FLR(M).
Also read up on inputs by moderators and or other forum members.

Ith

Post by Ith » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:13 pm

Applied for extension now and paid both fees. Just quick question we are waiting for appointment. We uploaded most documents. Is it we have to upload all documents before biometric appointment is it day before?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:23 pm

Ith wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:13 pm
Is it we have to upload all documents before biometric appointment
yes until the date of biometric appointment. Also be alerted to receive instruction from UKVI for supplying them directly your supporting documents.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Ith

Post by Ith » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:23 pm
Ith wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:13 pm
Is it we have to upload all documents before biometric appointment
yes until the date of biometric appointment. Also be alerted to receive instruction from UKVI for supplying them directly your supporting documents.
Thank you for quick reply.